MY2021 Software update in the US- Porsche NA email...

OP
OP
ejcintr

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Any cars at the port will not be released unless they have the update. If your is at the dealer I am sure they will do the update before you pick it up. It becomes available on Wednesday.
I signed up for the PEC LA delivery- but I did track my Taycan from Germany and its been in the US (POA Benicia CA) since late Feb. So my guess is that based upon the VIN my MY21 4S did not get the updates at the port and I received the email (e.g. they don't know its headed for PEC LA for a late March Delivery)..I have been told by my dealer that Porsche will do the update at PEC LA prior to handoff
Sponsored

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got the email as well.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I signed up for the PEC LA delivery- but I did track my Taycan from Germany and its been in the US (POA Benicia CA) since late Feb. So my guess is that based upon the VIN my MY21 4S did not get the updates at the port and I received the email (e.g. they don't know its headed for PEC LA for a late March Delivery)..I have been told by my dealer that Porsche will do the update at PEC LA prior to handoff
My car is at the port as well and I too got the letter. They sent it out to everybody. There is no option for the dealer to do the update if the car is at the port. The port is keeping all cars and not allowing dealers to do updates on those cars. All cars manufactured after 3/17 will get the update at the factory, all cars at the port or in transit to the port will get the updates at the port. Cars already delivered to customers will be the only cars updated by the dealer. No exceptions as I understand it.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If they don't have to pay 5 hours of shop time to a dealer, they'll hold your car forever if necessary :p

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hopefully arrives next week or the week after because I made two appointments for it already... :p
Confirmed to get the update? That would be great, but not in time for my upcoming 1100 mile road trip...

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I messaged my service advisors and he told me nothing yet... I'm in Canada... wouldn't surprise me if we are last in the development world to get it....

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I messaged my service advisors and he told me nothing yet... I'm in Canada... wouldn't surprise me if we are last in the development world to get it....
MY 2020 update has not been released in any country yet. Only 2021s.
We will have to wait..

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Like many of you, I also received the email today. My 2021 4S was manufactured in Feb. and I picked it up almost 2 weeks ago. However, I received the software update a few days ago (Saturday) at the dealership in Scottsdale, AZ.
Porsche Taycan MY2021 Software update in the US- Porsche NA email... E34FC15D-FB6A-4704-830C-638A91B42C08

Last edited:

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Porsche Center Langley said depends on VIN. Mine apparently isn't getting it. I think they have a view of 'don't fix it if it ain't broken' - or perhaps they just don't know or have any interest in knowing or doing upgrades for free. Although I would think Porsche North America would compensate any dealers for recall work. Let's see - I have been wrong before ;).

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Center Langley said depends on VIN. Mine apparently isn't getting it. I think they have a view of 'don't fix it if it ain't broken' - or perhaps they just don't know or have any interest in knowing or doing upgrades for free. Although I would think Porsche North America would compensate any dealers for recall work. Let's see - I have been wrong before ;).
Only MY21 update campaigns have been posted at this time. MY20 update campaign will get released at some point which will get attached to our VINs at the dealership which will allow our dealer to book us in for the update. Reading the various threads on this subject and photos of paperwork, my confidence is high that this update is going to happen for us MY20 owners.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just find it odd that the newer cars get an update first while the older ones have to wait... I guess it doesn't pay to be an early adopter...

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
It pays in the sense that you get to drive the car first...Unless your car ends up in the shop. :rolleyes: :(:mad:

I assume that the 2020 update is orders of magnitude more complicated.
Sponsored