My2021 UK car recall

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard of there’s a recall on UK MY2021 cars built between 23rd and 24th Sept? Our car has been sat at Emden since we the 28th September, due for Delivery week commencing the Week commencing the 6th, but so far not hearing or getting any information. As far as I’m aware the car was not loaded onto the Mallaca Highway and another owner on here suspected there car was delayed and sent back to the factory. Anyone else confirming this?
thanks
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard of there’s a recall on UK MY2021 cars built between 23rd and 24th Sept? Our car has been sat at Emden since we the 28th September, due for Delivery week commencing the Week commencing the 6th, but so far not hearing or getting any information. As far as I’m aware the car was not loaded onto the Mallaca Highway and another owner on here suspected there car was delayed and sent back to the factory. Anyone else confirming this?
thanks
Have you had any further update on this or what it was related to?

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there, no update yet, but saw KeithM had posted the following on earlier thread..
“My story similar to yours. My 2021 model built 24th September and was expected in Uk two weeks later. I am now told the car is still in Germany (originally told at Emden, but thought now possibly still at factory) due to problem affecting cars on that day’s production run. I’ve been unable to establish the exact issue or how/when it is to be resolved so currently no idea when I will get the car. Have you learnt any more since your post?“

hence my post now, I’m trying to find out if this is true. Contacted dealership and all they could tell me is car is sat at Emden, but they only know that because it’s saying on the tracker. No answer as to why the car was not loaded on the 29th September, 4th October Or 9th October when the Mallaca Highway was loading in Emden (Originally car was down as being loaded on the 29th September) So now I’m scratching my head wondering what’s happening. Maybe I should row a boat there and find out!

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This recall sounds likely, my CP8 date was 29th October, my dealer informed me on Friday that it had 'disappeared' but the spec remains locked since 29/30 September

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there, no update yet, but saw KeithM had posted the following on earlier thread..
“My story similar to yours. My 2021 model built 24th September and was expected in Uk two weeks later. I am now told the car is still in Germany (originally told at Emden, but thought now possibly still at factory) due to problem affecting cars on that day’s production run. I’ve been unable to establish the exact issue or how/when it is to be resolved so currently no idea when I will get the car. Have you learnt any more since your post?“

hence my post now, I’m trying to find out if this is true. Contacted dealership and all they could tell me is car is sat at Emden, but they only know that because it’s saying on the tracker. No answer as to why the car was not loaded on the 29th September, 4th October Or 9th October when the Mallaca Highway was loading in Emden (Originally car was down as being loaded on the 29th September) So now I’m scratching my head wondering what’s happening. Maybe I should row a boat there and find out!
I can only imagine that if its sat at Emden then perhaps its s/w related as opposed to a h/w issue requiring the car to go back. However, your dealer principal (if you escalate to him/her) should be able to chase up Porsche in Germany to find out. I cannot believe that they are unable to at least give you that information or check with Porsche GB in Reading.

The Prince

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW 330e & Lamborghini Huracan
Country flag
Afternoon

I don't normally go on Forums, but i have had my Taycan nearly two weeks and its already been back to the garage twice and i still don't have it .

The electronics on this car are diabolical. The top touch screen has a mind of its own sometimes.

They should be recalling my car.

Already been onto Porsche about giving it back

Very disappointing

Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall 20201009_124653

Attachments

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Afternoon

I don't normally go on Forums, but i have had my Taycan nearly two weeks and its already been back to the garage twice and i still don't have it .

The electronics on this car are diabolical. The top touch screen has a mind of its own sometimes.

Very disappointing
Uhh. Yeah, something is very broken there.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everyone, thanks for your response, I’ll try the dealership again tomorrow. Tayc4s many thanks for mentioning Reading I’ll bear that in mind. I don’t know why I’m surprised by the delays, I was reading some of the American Owners have been getting delays of two to three months so I shouldn’t be complaining. Just looking forward to getting the car... and “the Prince” yes that looks bad.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold macan s to find taycan s
Country flag
Hi Everyone, thanks for your response, I’ll try the dealership again tomorrow. Tayc4s many thanks for mentioning Reading I’ll bear that in mind. I don’t know why I’m surprised by the delays, I was reading some of the American Owners have been getting delays of two to three months so I shouldn’t be complaining. Just looking forward to getting the car... and “the Prince” yes that looks bad.
I'd be interested to hear what they tell you Matt. Since posting, my dealership have spoken to Germany and been told there is a supply chain problem associated with Covid. But that just confuses matters further, and I can only therefore assume there is some fault with my car (and others in similar limbo) requiring replacement parts rather than software update.
I did ring Porsche customer services last week for clarification because I had been told (and they acknowledged) that they could speak to people in Germany that the dealers couldn't contact. They promised to investigate. I've heard nothing more from them yet, despite chasing yesterday.
It all seems to unnecessarily secretive.
In 20 years of Porsche ownership I've never had any issues with delivery or reliability and I had expected that to continue ...

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
@Matt8442 - Dread to think if I will get mine before the stupid Brexit no-deal price increase shenanigans... can see that being a battle with Porsche if it happens...

@The Prince - yuk, very poor that - how that fault can happen AFTER QA at factory etc is worrying.

We've had several Porsches before (Panamera, Cayenne, Tacan etc) and always been solid in most parts. Suspect the Taycan experience for many will dent a previous brand experience and worse, put new entrants off.

Fawad

First Name
Fawad Munir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Afternoon

Very disappointing

20201009_124653.jpg
I sympathise. Mine going back this week. PCM has a mind of its own. Still look on the brightside, I’ll have a 992 C2 for a week

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I sympathise. Mine going back this week. PCM has a mind of its own. Still look on the brightside, I’ll have a 992 C2 for a week
I had a similar.problem in my MY204S. With about 600 miles on the car both the upper and lower PCM displays went out. Occasionally they would come on momentarily, but they were out 99% of the time.

I took it to the dealer. Initially, they suspected a faulty PCM module but needed Porsche's approval, first. Porsche denied approval a.d told them to check.every wire harness and connector for problems.

Now, 10 days after I brought it to.service, the were able to get factory approval for replacement. Problem however, there were no modules in the US and o.e had to be shipped from Germany. They must not know about Fed Ex because it took another week for the part to arrive at the shop.

It took a total of 23 days which is inexcusable. Happy ending, the replacement PCM solved the problem.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a similar.problem in my MY204S. With about 600 miles on the car both the upper and lower PCM displays went out. Occasionally they would come on momentarily, but they were out 99% of the time.

I took it to the dealer. Initially, they suspected a faulty PCM module but needed Porsche's approval, first. Porsche denied approval a.d told them to check.every wire harness and connector for problems.

Now, 10 days after I brought it to.service, the were able to get factory approval for replacement. Problem however, there were no modules in the US and o.e had to be shipped from Germany. They must not know about Fed Ex because it took another week for the part to arrive at the shop.

It took a total of 23 days which is inexcusable. Happy ending, the replacement PCM solved the problem.
Its painful to hear these issues when only a few days away from delivery...

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its painful to hear these issues when only a few days away from delivery...
I’m covering my eyes and ears... lol
Sponsored