My2021 UK car recall

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just heard Germany is going into National lockdown on the 2nd November for four weeks, not to sure if this will affect those with cars waiting to be built at the factory or delivered to Sheerness. Girish if your car is sat at Sheerness your lucky to have it on the right side of the channel. Again watching the news to see if there is any more info. Could be the Zuffenhausen factory is allowed to stay running.
The lockdown in Germany is much like our tier 3 lockdown which should not affect car production or logistics.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
The lockdown in Germany is much like our tier 3 lockdown which should not affect car production or logistics.
That’s also my interpretation. They don’t want to harm the industry again by shutting down all kinds of production.
however, I have my pickup scheduled at the factory next week. They already said two weeks ago that the factory tour is not available due to Corona. But with the new measures they might also have to shut down the museum and restaurants. So that would leave the actual handover of the vehicle as the sole item on the agenda.
that’s why I guess they might cancel it completely and have the car shipped to my dealer instead?!
I guess I will be informed in the next couple of days.

girish

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche macan; Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just heard Germany is going into National lockdown on the 2nd November for four weeks, not to sure if this will affect those with cars waiting to be built at the factory or delivered to Sheerness. Girish if your car is sat at Sheerness your lucky to have it on the right side of the channel. Again watching the news to see if there is any more info. Could be the Zuffenhausen factory is allowed to stay running.
Indeed, I am pleased to know that it is around the corner!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Honestly, the sooner this BS ends, the better for everyone involved.
Yep couldn’t agree more. Already writing 2020 off as one to forget! Me and the wife were talking potential driving tours again with the Taycan. Even that seemed a world away.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s also my interpretation. They don’t want to harm the industry again by shutting down all kinds of production.
however, I have my pickup scheduled at the factory next week. They already said two weeks ago that the factory tour is not available due to Corona. But with the new measures they might also have to shut down the museum and restaurants. So that would leave the actual handover of the vehicle as the sole item on the agenda.
that’s why I guess they might cancel it completely and have the car shipped to my dealer instead?!
I guess I will be informed in the next couple of days.
UK factory collection has been off the cards for sometime for obvious reasons,

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
UK factory collection has been off the cards for sometime for obvious reasons,
Today got the call from Porsche HQ that all agenda items except the actual handover are cancelled. But one would get a voucher for everything to catch up with later once it is possible again, ie factory tour, museum visit and lunch.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today got the call from Porsche HQ that all agenda items except the actual handover are cancelled. But one would get a voucher for everything to catch up with later once it is possible again, ie factory tour, museum visit and lunch.
Thanks for posting...

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my delivery date YoYo from one extreme to another as you know from on here. Was told last week that the car could be delayed until next week, then two days later got a phone call saying it was at the dealership and ready in 48 hours. Heard all sorts of reasons as to why the delays are there from Covid 19 affecting parts supply at Zuffenhausen to Quality Control checks to recalls. Truth is we will never know as no one can get answers from Porsche Germany. You didn’t have to sign any Brexit declaration declaring you would be eligible for further fees if car is delayed until after the 31st Dec did you? (I seriously doubt your car will be delayed this long but I’m just asking the question) I was worried originally of lockdown in Germany followed by UK lockdown pushing our delivery into Brexit deadline territory and being hit with more taxes and fees...
Pick mine up from Mid Sussex as well on Tuesday ! saw it today, very happy. Agree Mid Sussex seem to be an excellent dealership.
Enjoy the car

girish

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche macan; Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spoke to my guy today. Got access to car setup on my Porsche. Car going into prep this weekend and potential hand over next Friday/Saturday. Looks very slow at Hatfield compared to mid Sussex!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to my guy today. Got access to car setup on my Porsche. Car going into prep this weekend and potential hand over next Friday/Saturday. Looks very slow at Hatfield compared to mid Sussex!
Great to hear your getting the car. Enjoy the drive home!

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pick mine up from Mid Sussex as well on Tuesday ! saw it today, very happy. Agree Mid Sussex seem to be an excellent dealership.
Enjoy the car
Absolutely loving the car, finding out what works and what needs tweaking. Was going to try to fit a dash cam but after seeing Porsche’s attitude on fitting aftermarket items, and not knowing 100percent about how the 12v system will react to me attaching wires to the fuses, I’ve decided I’ll go without..

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
I just had a peculiar update from my dealer, the delivery date has been pushed way back.

Most confusing is that my car has entered CP0 already, but doesn’t get to CP8 for almost a month! That doesn’t make a lot of sense...

Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall E9889CD5-4D8F-4A32-911E-AA92A145F78F

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just had a peculiar update from my dealer, the delivery date has been pushed way back.

Most confusing is that my car has entered CP0 already, but doesn’t get to CP8 for almost a month! That doesn’t make a lot of sense...

E9889CD5-4D8F-4A32-911E-AA92A145F78F.jpeg
Hi Neighs, unfortunate to hear, but the trouble is we won't ever get the full info on whats going on in either the factory, the spares chain, the logistics chain or even the political chain, any one of which can delay delivery. Thinking about UK lockdown (Kind of) and German lockdown (Kind of) maybe the Porsche tracking system is pre empting delays? As we mentioned earlier though, as annoying as it is, you have not signed the Brexit fee, so If and its a big "IF" your car is delayed further at least you won't be paying the no deal 10% that others have mentioned. I hope you do get your car ASAP but at the moment I think your at the mercy of factors that no-one will be able to predict...

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Hi Neighs, unfortunate to hear, but the trouble is we won't ever get the full info on whats going on in either the factory, the spares chain, the logistics chain or even the political chain, any one of which can delay delivery. Thinking about UK lockdown (Kind of) and German lockdown (Kind of) maybe the Porsche tracking system is pre empting delays? As we mentioned earlier though, as annoying as it is, you have not signed the Brexit fee, so If and its a big "IF" your car is delayed further at least you won't be paying the no deal 10% that others have mentioned. I hope you do get your car ASAP but at the moment I think your at the mercy of factors that no-one will be able to predict...
I would assume that a car can’t enter production unless all the components are available, otherwise that would stall the production line. I can’t imagine they have any way of taking a build off the production line other than in isolated circumstances.

i have to assume that it’s reached a nominal CP0 but not actually started production line.

My understanding is the production is not stopping.

I guess that time will tell...
Sponsored