OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Ditto...who is your OPC? I was advised yesterday but with no confirmation on when it will get on the back of a trailer...
We are using mid Sussex Porsche.
Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold macan s to find taycan s
Country flag
Hi Everyone, just visited dealership and was told my car is now at Sheerness and am looking at delivery of car by next week. Fingers crossed!
Great news Matt, hopefully not much longer before it’s with you.
My further enquiries have resulted in some backtracking ... my car actually went in to factory for build on 15 September, then stopped apparently due to lack of parts (no idea what parts) “as a result covid of situation”.
Attached is screenshot I’ve been given of the porsche tracking system ... this from last Wednesday I think. So build completed hopefully by the end of this week.
Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall 1F1F0D69-F18B-410A-9330-21F67A5E6B46

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I
Great news Matt, hopefully not much longer before it’s with you.
My further enquiries have resulted in some backtracking ... my car actually went in to factory for build on 15 September, then stopped apparently due to lack of parts (no idea what parts) “as a result covid of situation”.
Attached is screenshot I’ve been given of the porsche tracking system ... this from last Wednesday I think. So build completed hopefully by the end of this week.
1F1F0D69-F18B-410A-9330-21F67A5E6B46.png
I know we are all probably too impatient but it is weird that it takes 7 days sitting in compounds and then either end of the ports on top. You would think they would have a slicker just in time method for moving these things but, like I said, I guess we are just impatiently waiting for early Christmas presents...

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I

I know we are all probably too impatient but it is weird that it takes 7 days sitting in compounds and then either end of the ports on top. You would think they would have a slicker just in time method for moving these things but, like I said, I guess we are just impatiently waiting for early Christmas presents...
I asked my Dealer what our hold up was and he had no answer, guess its just one of those things... I'm just looking forward to getting my hands on the car now. Good luck to everyone else though, and no doubt they'll be worth the wait. Had an Andersen charger mounted in my garage since August, looking very unemployed. Any longer and I would have been seeking Furlough payments for it! Anyway all good now...

Fawad

First Name
Fawad Munir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a similar.problem in my MY204S. With about 600 miles on the car both the upper and lower PCM displays went out. Occasionally they would come on momentarily, but they were out 99% of the time.

I took it to the dealer. Initially, they suspected a faulty PCM module but needed Porsche's approval, first. Porsche denied approval a.d told them to check.every wire harness and connector for problems.

Now, 10 days after I brought it to.service, the were able to get factory approval for replacement. Problem however, there were no modules in the US and o.e had to be shipped from Germany. They must not know about Fed Ex because it took another week for the part to arrive at the shop.

It took a total of 23 days which is inexcusable. Happy ending, the replacement PCM solved the problem.
Well I guess you’ll soon forget about the 23 days as long as there are no further issues. My 4S has gone back today however I’ve got a Brand New 992 4S (while I wait) Bring on the sunshine

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
Well I guess you’ll soon forget about the 23 days as long as there are no further issues. My 4S has gone back today however I’ve got a Brand New 992 4S (while I wait) Bring on the sunshine
Let me guess, your knick name is "Lucky""?

As much as I love driving my Taycan, I miss my 911 Turbo.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had phone all from dealer, car is here and ready! Finally get to join the EV club. Going today to pick her up, and cannot wait. Since putting our order in for the car in June I’ve been hating going to the garage to fill up with fuel. Anyway pickup today and I’m beaming like a Cheshire Cat. Again thanks to all on here I’m happy to add another user, aware of 12v issues, aware of innodrive issues etc so thanks to all contributors. Will post pics once we have her....

Fawad

First Name
Fawad Munir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let me guess, your knick name is "Lucky""?

As much as I love driving my Taycan, I miss my 911 Turbo.
Something about a 911. This said the Taycan is just a brilliant everyday car. BTW my nick name is “Jammy”

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well now We are proud owners, picked her up today and had a great handover thanks to Bruce at Mid Sussex Porsche, very knowledgable on the Taycan and most of things I’d read on here he had covered. Had a great drive back in the rain and looking forward to racking up some mileage...
Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall 8C6E0531-FB8F-4FCA-9B84-1336ABD09C64

Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall 5D19D49A-48C7-4BBA-8E91-F727BE13CC36

Porsche Taycan My2021 UK car recall C358324C-459C-436D-A3F0-FCC1F9E7E39C

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Humbug!

My car was supposed to go CP0 on Friday, but as of today it still is V250.
Hope you get it on time. Know how frustrating the delays were for me!

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Hope you get it on time. Know how frustrating the delays were for me!
Thanks, but it’s already going south... suffered the 7 day push back that was mentioned earlier. With this, it’s getting pushed out further...

The dealer says its normal... I don’t believe him.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Thanks, but it’s already going south... suffered the 7 day push back that was mentioned earlier. With this, it’s getting pushed out further...

After ordering four bespoke Porsche vehicles in the last nine years, it is normal. Our Taycan TS was first due the last week of May - finally delivered the last week of August.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I had my delivery date YoYo from one extreme to another as you know from on here. Was told last week that the car could be delayed until next week, then two days later got a phone call saying it was at the dealership and ready in 48 hours. Heard all sorts of reasons as to why the delays are there from Covid 19 affecting parts supply at Zuffenhausen to Quality Control checks to recalls. Truth is we will never know as no one can get answers from Porsche Germany. You didn’t have to sign any Brexit declaration declaring you would be eligible for further fees if car is delayed until after the 31st Dec did you? (I seriously doubt your car will be delayed this long but I’m just asking the question) I was worried originally of lockdown in Germany followed by UK lockdown pushing our delivery into Brexit deadline territory and being hit with more taxes and fees...
Sponsored