Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would assume that a car can’t enter production unless all the components are available, otherwise that would stall the production line. I can’t imagine they have any way of taking a build off the production line other than in isolated circumstances.

i have to assume that it’s reached a nominal CP0 but not actually started production line.

My understanding is the production is not stopping.

I guess that time will tell...
From recent experience of my car and my business partner's car, the CP0 to CP8 is relatively fast although the system shows it can be slow. My car entered production on Oct 16 and was completed (CP8) on Oct 23. My business partner's car entered production on Oct 20 and was also finished on Oct 23. Both cars entered Emden port on the same date - also Oct 23. But now I have not had an update since then although my dealer feels it should be in the UK by now he will know later this morning. I have not pushed for home delivery yet but waiting. However, as above, things can change quickly if we look at what happened in March/April. All we know is that they want to sell cars so hopefully profits will drive their actions.
Sponsored

The Prince

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW 330e & Lamborghini Huracan
Country flag
I wouldn't bother buying one, I'm sending my turbo back, too many problems for a £130k car.

Just hope I'm not going to have a battle getting all my monies back

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I would be tempted to see about hiring a row boat! Great news though Neighs, as now you know your talking about an actual car and not an idea or a computer programme. It's one more step closer to being on the driveway.

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
I wouldn't bother buying one, I'm sending my turbo back, too many problems for a £130k car.

Just hope I'm not going to have a battle getting all my monies back
Oh no, I am due to pick up my Turbo from Cambridge soon. If you dont mind me asking, what have been the issues?

The Prince

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW 330e & Lamborghini Huracan
Country flag
Oh no, I am due to pick up my Turbo from Cambridge soon. If you dont mind me asking, what have been the issues?
Day 1 - 2 days to get the immobiliser to work. Top touch screen only worked now and then

Day 5 - take it back as top screen faulty, two weeks in garage, new PCM and screens fitting

Day 25 - Top screen stops again

Had enough, ask for money back, just waiting for an update

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Day 1 - 2 days to get the immobiliser to work. Top touch screen only worked now and then

Day 5 - take it back as top screen faulty, two weeks in garage, new PCM and screens fitting

Day 25 - Top screen stops again

Had enough, ask for money back, just waiting for an update
Prince did you buy the car new or was it a dealer demo or used?

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Brand spanking

Ordered 12th June , delivered 30th September
Thats a lot of faults for a new car, If that was me I think I would be doing the same and getting a refund under the 30 day consumer rights rule. Got to say though my car is going well and am a happy bunny.
I brought a New Merc GLE coupe and had no end of issues with that, and did the same as you. Guess sometimes your just unlucky and get a lemon.
Good luck with whatever you get next.

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
Getting a full refund, confirmed today.

Car goes back tomorrow
Oh dear, mine
Getting a full refund, confirmed today.

Car goes back tomorrow
That is not good, but at least they agreed to give you a refund. Mine arrives in two weeks, fingers crossed that I dont have similar issues