JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is something missing from this. For MY2022 Porsche has done nothing to the battery chemistry or battery size to increase range and performance. Important if you value those factors. Shortly there are likely to be some comparisons with the Plaid and the Taycan may not show that well. Also some of the new Tesla changes are likely to migrate to the lesser models over time.

The styling and handling is important, but at some point you start to look like an aging movie actress. You need more than makeup to keep competitive. Now if your competitor started out uglier than you are, you might have a little extra time.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
There is something missing from this. For MY2022 Porsche has done nothing to the battery chemistry or battery size to increase range and performance. Important if you value those factors. Shortly there are likely to be some comparisons with the Plaid and the Taycan may not show that well. Also some of the new Tesla changes are likely to migrate to the lesser models over time.

The styling and handling is important, but at some point you start to look like an aging movie actress. You need more than makeup to keep competitive. Now if your competitor started out uglier than you are, you might have a little extra time.
Tesla has no changes in batteries even on Plaid. They are depending on LG to come up with something in the future.

Porsche will start production of higher performance batteries by 2024 so it will be a while before it trickles down to the mass production cars.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Tesla has no changes in batteries even on Plaid. They are depending on LG to come up with something in the future.

Porsche will start production of higher performance batteries by 2024 so it will be a while before it trickles down to the mass production cars.
Further more, we know that Porsche uses the best cell chemistry VW has to offer, not like other brands, where it can be a roll of the dice.

Pcarwhisperer

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcarwhisperer.com
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Thank you for sharing the video James! Due to current requirements from Porsche the video has been removed for the time being and will be live again on July 19th! Thank you to everyone for the support and sharing my video!

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Thank you for sharing the video James! Due to current requirements from Porsche the video has been removed for the time being and will be live again on July 19th! Thank you to everyone for the support and sharing my video!
It's a Porsche Car...................................Whisperer sighting!

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
  • Optimized front axle decoupling in range and normal mode
  • Auto regeneration stays if you change drive mode
I wonder if these changes improve range?

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
  • Optimized front axle decoupling in range and normal mode
  • Auto regeneration stays if you change drive mode
I wonder if these changes improve range?
The first does, the second doesn't. The first should increase range in Normal mode. I speculate this will increase the EPA range rating, if the test is still done in key down position.