W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That is interesting I don't get the electric adjustment of steering column on the configurator for a CT4S

14 Way Seats.JPG
Aha!

I think this is due to the ongoing part shortages and so whatever supplies they have are being reserved for other models. I have a GTS ST on order which is where I took the screen grab from. Ordinarily both 18-way and 14-way come with the electric wheel adjustment.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Aha!

I think this is due to the ongoing part shortages and so whatever supplies they have are being reserved for other models. I have a GTS ST on order which is where I took the screen grab from. Ordinarily both 18-way and 14-way come with the electric wheel adjustment.
Hopefully by the time I get a build slot they will have sorted supply chain issues!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hopefully by the time I get a build slot they will have sorted supply chain issues!
Most likely. At one point Porsche were offering a retrofit (note they didn't initially advise dealers or customers that cars were shipped without the feature leaving manual adjustment in place) and then reneged on this last month and offered compensation.

Reactions: B61

Nico_rhns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I know… , but downgrade is a fact.
It's a change. Like any change in life, there are usually advantages (in this case things like new options available such as dash pre-wire kit, LCD roof, in US likely matrix headlights enablement) and disadvantages (higher prices, missing options). For some, the disadvantages may outweigh advantages. For someone who wanted LCD roof but doesn't care about steering column, MY23 might be a net positive.

This particular change of missing electronic steering adjustment can also be looked at from 2 points of view:
  • Glass half empty: oh no, the car I want to buy won't have a feature I want
  • Glass half full: the parts shortage pushed availability of the car I want to 2024 or beyond, but manufacturer found a way to make an almost identical car within a year. The difference is it's missing a feature I wanted. There is even another option, pay for a higher trim car if the feature is really important to you.
Notice as a customer you still have the option to wait out the parts shortage. i.e. assume the car you want, the way you want it, is just not available due to parts shortage - ignore the "almost the same or higher trim car" option.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
It's a change. Like any change in life, there are usually advantages (in this case things like new options available such as dash pre-wire kit, LCD roof, in US likely matrix headlights enablement) and disadvantages (higher prices, missing options). For some, the disadvantages may outweigh advantages. For someone who wanted LCD roof but doesn't care about steering column, MY23 might be a net positive.

This particular change of missing electronic steering adjustment can also be looked at from 2 points of view:
  • Glass half empty: oh no, the car I want to buy won't have a feature I want
  • Glass half full: the parts shortage pushed availability of the car I want to 2024 or beyond, but manufacturer found a way to make an almost identical car within a year. The difference is it's missing a feature I wanted. There is even another option, pay for a higher trim car if the feature is really important to you.
Notice as a customer you still have the option to wait out the parts shortage. i.e. assume the car you want, the way you want it, is just not available due to parts shortage - ignore the "almost the same or higher trim car" option.

Similarly, I have a mate who lost is left foot in a freak Travel Agency-related incident, who now spends 50% less time cutting his toe nails. Swings and roundabouts.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
For those of us with a MY21 and early MY22, timing has been quite favorable to us. People say typically that buying a new car is bad investment, but comparing to most of the stocks that I'm holding, the value of the Taycan has held up pretty strongly, so I'm going to HODL it a bit longer :)
Sponsored