Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
So the car has done 17k miles in that time (Dec 20 start) so a bit of covid in 21 reduced my typical mileage but here are my quick views:

1. Great car - sh1t software
  2. New tyres at 14k which was a bit surprising given not been hammering it but heavy flat car and have at times been "quick"
  3. App / PCM / Profile drive me mad - constant in guest mode as it loses that setup - dealer had it two days to fix last time, gone again.
  4. Software glitches on dipped beam/cameras/ etc etc - just a bit poor really
  5. I should have...
    1. Had the bigger battery
    2. Had pan roof
  6. UK charging is hit and miss and not related to Porsche albeit Ionity is less impressive than sold!
  7. Don't use the frunk - ever
As a co lease vehicle it is good and the benefits on that basis are well understood. We have and have had other Porsche's so this feels a bit mwah at times.
Sponsored

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
So the car has done 17k miles in that time (Dec 20 start) so a bit of covid in 21 reduced my typical mileage but here are my quick views:
A few questions... (if you don't mind)

- What have been your actual running costs? Miles/ kWh or kWh/ 100 miles, etc... How many miles have you done?
- How has your charging experience been? Mainly charging at home or at charging stations?
- What electricity tariff are you on/ I am assuming you are on some sort of 2-rate cheap tariff with some energy supplier?
- Overall driving experience of the car?
Fit & finish? Ride quality? Any other gremlins other than PCM/ software?

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
No problem, answers inline below...

A few questions... (if you don't mind)

- What have been your actual running costs? Miles/ kWh or kWh/ 100 miles, etc... How many miles have you done?

>> It's over 17,000 but I have not kept a close eye on costs sorry, I mainly charge @ home which on OVO is 14.9p KwH. Long journeys tend to be more expensive as I tend to opt for super charger levels for time reasons so they come out around 40p-60p per KwH.

- How has your charging experience been? Mainly charging at home or at charging stations?

>> Home is fine, 7kw pod point which is overnight - have been caught out a couple of times when short notice stuff has cropped up but rarely an issue. On the road... less reliable.... you end up with zapmap (recommended to check reliability) and the porsche sat nav does not have all the options and can present say a porsche garage charge which won't always be available outside of normal dealer hours.

- What electricity tariff are you on/ I am assuming you are on some sort of 2-rate cheap tariff with some energy supplier?

>> Ovo Drive - one tariff but includes pulse benefit

- Overall driving experience of the car?

>> Car great - software is a pain at times

Fit & finish? Ride quality? Any other gremlins other than PCM/ software?

>> Good to excellent on both fit and ride. Other minor glitches - the keyless entry system is a bit clunky (imo) - hand and foot gestures rarely hit the mark! Otherwise no major issues.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Had recall for potential issue with electric seat mechanism (protective tube for electrics) from Porsche. No spare parts available to dealers yet so can't be too risky?!? Others had this?

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Both myself and my wife have had that recall notice yes (both 4S’s); can’t be bothered booking it in as A. They’ll be no parts and B. My local Porsche centre is shite.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

2. New tyres at 14k which was a bit surprising given not been hammering it but heavy flat car and have at times been "quick"
  3. App / PCM / Profile drive me mad - constant in guest mode as it loses that setup - dealer had it two days to fix last time, gone again.
  5. I should have...
    2. Had pan roof
  6. UK charging is hit and miss and not related to Porsche albeit Ionity is less impressive than sold!
As a co lease vehicle it is good and the benefits on that basis are well understood. We have and have had other Porsche's so this feels a bit mwah at times.
Thanks for sharing. The tire life is concerning. Were those all seasons? Did they wear evenly?

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Both myself and my wife have had that recall notice yes (both 4S’s); can’t be bothered booking it in as A. They’ll be no parts and B. My local Porsche centre is shite.
Which centre is it? Mine said no parts until 28/6... hope it's not critical then!?!?

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Thanks for sharing. The tire life is concerning. Were those all seasons? Did they wear evenly?
Tires depend. I have over 20k on my tires so far. Even wear, i keep the tires at spec inflation. I have the Michelin Pilot sport 4S that the car came with on mine. I plan on putting the exact same tires back on when they are done.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Tires depend. I have over 20k on my tires so far. Even wear, i keep the tires at spec inflation. I have the Michelin Pilot sport 4S that the car came with on mine. I plan on putting the exact same tires back on when they are done.
Thanks for that feedback. I didn’t select the Taycan as an economy car but I have planned for some economic benefits. If I have to replace tires annually, the economic benefits would be lost.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which centre is it? Mine said no parts until 28/6... hope it's not critical then!?!?
ill be honest I haven’t contacted them, I’m just guessing they’ll be no parts because of the global shortages.. It’s Porsche Cambridge , every time I go there the service is terrible so I’m dreading having to book it in with them so putting it off 😂 Edit: To clarify the salesman I’ve dealt with a few times is really nice, but the management team and service department leave a lot of be desired.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

5. I should have...
    2. Had pan roof
Oh, you need to use the frunk for Indian takeaways! Will keep the smell out of the car👍

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

5. I should have...
    2. Had pan roof
14,000 miles here in a 2021 4S with Standard Performance Battery and can relate with OP. A few differences though:

1-Car is great! Software is poor
2-Tires are fine at 14k driving it like I stole it
3-three times in 13 months I had the Guest PCM surprise, but it went away ignoring it after a few miles
4-Software is just plain poor. No skills in designing it at all, also screen is slow in between pressings
5-I should have had the bigger battery, but had no clue when I got the Taycan. I should have not had the Panorama glass, probably for the heat
6-EA charging slowly becoming pretty consistent. I charge there for free twice a week in 20-30 mins, bring the ownership cost to zero, although I have a level 2 at home, but rarely use it
7-I use the frunk for wine cases and/or rare fast food order, not to have the cabin smelling like fries. lol. Also it wows people in parking lots....lol

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Thanks for that feedback. I didn’t select the Taycan as an economy car but I have planned for some economic benefits. If I have to replace tires annually, the economic benefits would be lost.
Yep, a year and half and still going.
Sponsored