SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone still waiting for their MY21 has an update?
I got my 2021 4S CT today. Server supposedly down in Germany, so not able to set up my ID (actually wanted to copy from 2020 4S that I traded). Despite that, car is great - just like my 2020...
Sponsored

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I got my 2021 4S CT today. Server supposedly down in Germany, so not able to set up my ID (actually wanted to copy from 2020 4S that I traded). Despite that, car is great - just like my 2020...
Congrats. Please share pics of your new arrival for us to enjoy vicariously as well! LOL.

I did get my TYD notice today from Porsche NA via email and my VIN was attached so that's great. Car should enter production on Fri and be finished next week. Mine is a '22 CT-4 but things are finally moving along for my early 2022 delivery date.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats. Please share pics of your new arrival for us to enjoy vicariously as well! LOL.

I did get my TYD notice today from Porsche NA via email and my VIN was attached so that's great. Car should enter production on Fri and be finished next week. Mine is a '22 CT-4 but things are finally moving along for my early 2022 delivery date.
Here you go - photos before window tint to be done this morning...
Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays IMG_2473
Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays IMG_2472
Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays IMG_2471

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Since I cancelled my delayed July production car. and switched to another allocation, this my current standing.

BTW still no word on the arrival of my original order. What the hell is going on with these July production cars?? PCNA has turned me down 2 times for some compensation for the delay.

Looks like my dealer has been invoiced and I have an appointment for next week to close and pay for the car on Nov 10th. I am leaving the country on Nov 14th for a couple of weeks and will take delivery when I return - hope to at least see it b4 I leave. Have an appointment on Dec 6th to do window tint, PPF and Ceramic Coating. This certainly has been a long process. Perhaps most the joy is in the thrill of the chase?

Last edited:

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
So I'm reading the US Congress' "Build Back Better" act, which will presumably be approved by vote in the US House on or shortly after Nov. 15 (i.e., in a little less than two weeks from now). The wording in Part 4 of H.R. 5376 (Sec. 36C.d) indicates that any car manufactured after 2021 Dec. 31 (Sec. 36C.e.1.G) will lose its federal-tax-credit status if its MRSP is > $55k USD (for a sedan). So even MY2022 Taycans will still qualify for the $7500 full federal tax credit for vehicles manufactured before 2022 Jan. 1 -- though I do not know what "manufacture" means fully (i.e., if a car is built but sits in Germany or at US port while waiting for chips to complete the build, what counts as "manufacture date" for purposes of the federal tax credit?), although Sec. 36C.e.3.A seems to suggest that this date refers to when the VIN is assigned (there's a database that gives date of VIN assignment??) ...

So, given that the Infrastructure bill passed last night, I'm assuming that this BBB act with the new tax-credit rules will also pass this month, impacting many of us who are looking to buy a Taycan (or any other EV sedan). [Curiously, they've changed the truck/SUV threshold to $80k, according to news reports but not yet reflected in the online bill -- apparently figuring that rich people don't necessarily buy trucks/SUVs at $79k, but that you have to be really rich to buy a car that costs $56k. And, totally out of synch is the limitation on annual income to allow applying for the tax credit: $500k for joint filing (the previous $800k figure is still in the online bill, but news reports say it's been reduced to $500k). Lots of people earning < $500k/yr buy cars that cost > $55k. I guess that Congress doesn't think they should be doing so...]

For those of you thinking of buying another cheaper EV besides a Taycan, they're apparently dropping the federal tax credit from $7500 to $4000 base level in this bill (Sec. 36C.b.2), with the extra $3500 (for a total of $7500) available only for cars built with battery packs of 40 kWh or more (Sec. 36C.b.3), and 50 kWh or more after 2026 Dec. 31. So all PHEVs starting in 2023 will only get $4000 tax credit (which would have greatly affected my own tax credits on the two PHEVs that I have bought). An addendum at the end of this section of the online bill says that the contents of this paragraph (that I've written here) applies only to cars bought new after 2022 Dec. 31 (i.e., another year before the base changing from $7500 to $4000 takes effect).

Bottom line on the Cross Turismo: if you want that $7500 US tax credit, get one built (or VIN assigned) before 2022 Jan. 1.

Last edited:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
So I'm reading the US Congress' "Build Back Better" act, which will presumably be approved by vote in the US House on or shortly after Nov. 15 (i.e., in a little less than two weeks from now). The wording in Part 4 of H.R. 5376 (Sec. 36C.d) indicates that any car manufactured after 2021 Dec. 31 (Sec. 36C.e.1.G) will lose its federal-tax-credit status if its MRSP is > $55k USD (for a sedan). So even MY2022 Taycans will still qualify for the $7500 full federal tax credit for vehicles manufactured before 2022 Jan. 1 -- though I do not know what "manufacture" means fully (i.e., if a car is built but sits in Germany or at US port while waiting for chips to complete the build, what counts as "manufacture date" for purposes of the federal tax credit?), although Sec. 36C.e.3.A seems to suggest that this date refers to when the VIN is assigned (there's a database that gives date of VIN assignment??) ...

So, given that the Infrastructure bill passed last night, I'm assuming that this BBB act with the new tax-credit rules will also pass this month, impacting many of us who are looking to buy a Taycan (or any other EV sedan). [Curiously, they've changed the truck/SUV threshold to $80k, according to news reports but not yet reflected in the online bill -- apparently figuring that rich people don't necessarily buy trucks/SUVs at $79k, but that you have to be really rich to buy a car that costs $56k. And, totally out of synch is the limitation on annual income to allow applying for the tax credit: $500k for joint filing (the previous $800k figure is still in the online bill, but news reports say it's been reduced to $500k). Lots of people earning < $500k/yr buy cars that cost > $55k. I guess that Congress doesn't think they should be doing so...]

For those of you thinking of buying another cheaper EV besides a Taycan, they're apparently dropping the federal tax credit from $7500 to $4000 base level in this bill (Sec. 36C.b.2), with the extra $3500 (for a total of $7500) available only for cars built with battery packs of 40 kWh or more (Sec. 36C.b.3), and 50 kWh or more after 2026 Dec. 31. So all PHEVs starting in 2023 will only get $4000 tax credit (which would have greatly affected our tax credits on the two PHEVs that we have bought). An addendum at the end of this section of the online bill says that the contents of this paragraph (that I've written here) applies only to cars bought new after 2022 Dec. 31 (i.e., another year before the base changing from $7500 to $4000 takes effect).

Bottom line on the Cross Turismo: if you want that $7500 US tax credit, get one built (or VIN assigned) before 2022 Jan. 1.
I did not catch that wording. I hope you are right. I thought it was based on Title date when you took possession. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. Good Catch!

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I did not catch that wording. I hope you are right. I thought it was based on Title date when you took possession. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. Good Catch!
I also hope you are correct. In my case, just to try to be safe, I just spoke with the business manager at my dealership and they are going to date my titling paperwork to be November 5th, 2021. My CT will be arriving at the dealership from Baltimore next week. Dealership has been invoiced for the car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Lots of people earning < $500k/yr buy cars that cost > $55k. I guess that Congress doesn't think they should be doing so...]
If you look at EVs sold in the USA, the >$55K MSRP cars bought by people making less than $500K is probably the largest group of all EVs sold in the USA. What Congress really intends here is to be able to say they are incentivizing EVs, but make sure most sales don't qualify so they don't have to pay for it. Best bang for the money, but the "bang" is not getting most EVs on the road, it's getting the most political credit and best optics.

Last edited:

ff2kracer

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Spyder and TCT Turbo
Country flag
All of a sudden, we're ready to rock at Emden.

IMG_5063.PNG
Update to my earlier post regarding my '21 Turbo CT. Despite TYD saying the car had Arrived Emden on 10/26... that apparently wasn't the case. It apparently arrived just yesterday 11/8 (or did it!?). Porsche is clearly dealing with more than supplier issues. Tracking and logistics information is scattered and inconsistent. Stay tuned.

Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.16.47 AM

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I also hope you are correct. In my case, just to try to be safe, I just spoke with the business manager at my dealership and they are going to date my titling paperwork to be November 5th, 2021. My CT will be arriving at the dealership from Baltimore next week. Dealership has been invoiced for the car.
My car won't be scheduled to depart Emden until 10 Dec 2021 so my question back to my dealer is what date will they get invoiced the car from Porsche? That may be the date we request when we send the paperwork to the DMV to register the car if feasible and hopefully before 31 Dec 2021. Otherwise car still on track for a late Jan 2022 delivery to them and me.
Sponsored