MY21 cross turismo further delays

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just want my deposit back. Thinking of doing a surprise visit to my dealership tomorrow
I’ve started raising hell at my dealership. They claim since I ordered a color they can’t sell(cherry red) they won’t give my deposit back. That’s total BS. I’m trying to escalate this to the regional Porsche rep. Meanwhile my delivery date just got pushed to 1/14.
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Worst experience I’ve ever had in ordering a luxury marque. I understand the global chip shortage and if all Taycans were delayed I’d be sympathetic to the issue but, again, how the hell are they delivering MY22’s that recently came off the line when a batch of cars that went into production in a 2 week period back in July are STILL held up with no explanation whatsoever?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
To hopefully wrap up my saga since ordering in April a CT4 MY2021. My dealer was able to switch me today to a MY2022 allocation that is on a ship arriving in Baltimore on Nov 5, 2021. I don't think we will ever know what happened to these cars that went into production in July and are still waiting to be completed. I also just saw that my original order for the MY2021 now has a delivery date of Jan 15, 2022. I was very excited with my original configuration but think the MY 2022 will work just fine for me.
Sounds like from other comments here on the forum, that I got lucky that my dealer would work with me to transfer my order & deposit to another car.

ff2kracer

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Spyder and TCT Turbo
Country flag
My '21 CT Turbo has been in a state of suspended animation since July, up until just days ago it had a Production Completion estimate of 11/12. All of a sudden, we're ready to rock at Emden.

I hope this is a signal that production will begin to move for everyone here!

Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays IMG_5063.PNG

Last edited:

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I just checked TYD and delivery date, for MY21, has further been delayed to 12/24. I do not think that this is acceptable to get a MY21 end of December not to mention that it could get further delayed and actually get delivered in 2022.

For background, I placed the order on June 21 for June 28 lock date. The car started production on July 19. At time of order it was supposed to be delivered on September 3rd.
since then it has been delayed to October 8 then November 26 and now December 24.

For anyone in the same situation as myself, I think we should do something together to raise this issue with Porsche. Please let me know if you are having the same situation and ideas on how to address this.
My May order for a 4S was originally set for an October delivery. Now it is scheduled for late January (but it will be a 2022 instead of the 2021 I ordered).

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
My May order for a 4S was originally set for an October delivery. Now it is scheduled for late January (but it will be a 2022 instead of the 2021 I ordered).
This sounds unlikely. Have you seen the VIN to verify it will be a MY2022?

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
My '21 CT Turbo has been in a state of suspended animation since July, up until just days ago it had a Production Completion estimate of 11/12. All of a sudden, we're ready to rock at Emden.

IMG_5063.PNG
I definitely hope so. This is the only good news this batch got since July. My concern was elevated when last night the 11/12 was bumped to 11/26. Considering this is the first time the delay is only two weeks, which kind of gave me some hope that there is hope at the end of the tunnel but still concerns me that it keeps getting delayed. I’ll continue monitoring and we will see.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

IMG_5063.PNG
Congrats! I hope you’re the first domino bro. This is ridiculous. I’m just itching to pull the trigger on the MY 22 at a different dealer. But if they don’t give the deposit back at the first dealer I may have to list the first one here and hope someone likes my spec. Risky. So I’m just waiting now. My sales manager was supposed to talk to the regional rep and get back to me. He finally replied that he hopes to have answers for me Monday. I just don’t know what route to go anymore.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I definitely hope so. This is the only good news this batch got since July. My concern was elevated when last night the 11/12 was bumped to 11/26. Considering this is the first time the delay is only two weeks, which kind of gave me some hope that there is hope at the end of the tunnel but still concerns me that it keeps getting delayed. I’ll continue monitoring and we will see.
Good for you. Hope this works out and it arrives sooner vs later (although we've already gotten into later haven't we).

IMG_5063.PNG
Looks lit something got unstuck. Not sure what is was/is though? LOL
To hopefully wrap up my saga since ordering in April a CT4 MY2021. My dealer was able to switch me today to a MY2022 allocation that is on a ship arriving in Baltimore on Nov 5, 2021. I don't think we will ever know what happened to these cars that went into production in July and are still waiting to be completed. I also just saw that my original order for the MY2021 now has a delivery date of Jan 15, 2022. I was very excited with my original configuration but think the MY 2022 will work just fine for me.
Sounds like from other comments here on the forum, that I got lucky that my dealer would work with me to transfer my order & deposit to another car.
Yes the biggest thing folks don't recall or understand is that under most states (I think all of them) laws the dealerships really MUST return deposits IF asked. They cannot keep them if the car is undelivered or delayed and/or the buyer decides otherwise on the vehicle. They may give your a hard time and say nope...can't do it but according to a few SA's I've had eventhough they may say so and have you sign a purchase order or doc w/language stating non-refundable I think under the laws governing vehicle sales overall its illegal and if forced they would have to return it. Am sure this is the case in California especially I've heard...but those of you who are lawyers may know more.

BDVancouver

First Name
BCBill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How did you get the VIN? My car went into production on July 20th and nary a word has been uttered or transmitted to me in regards to its current state since.
My dealer gave it to me. I have cancelled my order and will reorder next month for a 2022 model. My 2021 delayed to end of January!

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
How can I know what car is mine (MY2021/MY2022)? Ordered in the end of June -- Start production November, end production date 12 of December.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
How can I know what car is mine (MY2021/MY2022)? Ordered in the end of June -- Start production November, end production date 12 of December.
Yours is likely a MY2021. You can tell by the 10th letter in the VIV. M is MY2021, N is MY2022.
Sponsored