Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I t

Sorry to hear that
I think given the current state of affairs with massive shipping problems (which are going to get worse) that’s going to be the “new” normal....
Yes guys/gals this isn't just a Porsche problem but a global one amongst all vehicle manufacturers; some cars are shipping others are not but almost all are being delayed in some format or a good portion of them. Not 100% but enough to affect the supply chain and overall deliveries. Look at the other forums and folks with Macans and definitely 992s can't get their cars either. They cannot even get 992 allocations in many areas. Porsche has cut production numbers due to some of this and still my SA says they're having problems with the chips they have avail getting into production vehicles. Folks that do get cars are getting them without TPMS, power steering, often 1 key fob and depending how much you optioned out your car a lot less stuff. Sub contractors are having issues too so its a mess out there and likely to be so thru the Fall of 2021 and well into 2022. As for the tax credit thing..yeah it helps but really nothing has been set in stone yet on that either and likely won't see that withdrawal of the $7500 tax credit pass in the remaining 60 days left in the CY 2021 to be enacted by 31 Dec 2021....now Dec 2022 all bets are off but likely given the push for EV's and lack of supply it'd be crazy to introduce as it would stifle the very EV growth and purchases that the current administration wants and needs in order for EVs to grow!

I too have an allocation and commission number for an order placed in July 2021 for a Nov 2021 build and Feb 2022 delivery for a 2022 CT4. Given the above I am okay with taking delivery when the car arrives and knowing it may be later than I wanted by a few weeks. Nothing I can do about it and given the shortages and issues there is someone waiting for my spot should i cancel I am sure. Last discussion the lines are about 1/2 dozen deep at most dealerships who still don't have adequate allocations vs perspective orders so I'll not loose my place in line for a frustration that neither I nor really Porsche can fully fix. Take a look around at many local dealership guys and you'll see a darth of new cars...some luxury car dealerships have more used cars and those by other marques on the lot than new ones! My old BMW dealership a large one on the East coast has 11 cars online in stock and 110 in transit if that tells you something. My dealer has not seen a free and open 992 in months...all already sold and trickling in. So yeah my advice to those inpatient for their cars is yes understand it...but learned a long time ago that you getting frustrated and flailing at something beyond your control does really nothing but wear out your piece of mind and energy with the same result....hopefully things will get better sooner or later.
Sponsored

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Yes guys/gals this isn't just a Porsche problem but a global one amongst all vehicle manufacturers; some cars are shipping others are not but almost all are being delayed in some format or a good portion of them. Not 100% but enough to affect the supply chain and overall deliveries. Look at the other forums and folks with Macans and definitely 992s can't get their cars either. They cannot even get 992 allocations in many areas. Porsche has cut production numbers due to some of this and still my SA says they're having problems with the chips they have avail getting into production vehicles. Folks that do get cars are getting them without TPMS, power steering, often 1 key fob and depending how much you optioned out your car a lot less stuff. Sub contractors are having issues too so its a mess out there and likely to be so thru the Fall of 2021 and well into 2022. As for the tax credit thing..yeah it helps but really nothing has been set in stone yet on that either and likely won't see that withdrawal of the $7500 tax credit pass in the remaining 60 days left in the CY 2021 to be enacted by 31 Dec 2021....now Dec 2022 all bets are off but likely given the push for EV's and lack of supply it'd be crazy to introduce as it would stifle the very EV growth and purchases that the current administration wants and needs in order for EVs to grow!

I too have an allocation and commission number for an order placed in July 2021 for a Nov 2021 build and Feb 2022 delivery for a 2022 CT4. Given the above I am okay with taking delivery when the car arrives and knowing it may be later than I wanted by a few weeks. Nothing I can do about it and given the shortages and issues there is someone waiting for my spot should i cancel I am sure. Last discussion the lines are about 1/2 dozen deep at most dealerships who still don't have adequate allocations vs perspective orders so I'll not loose my place in line for a frustration that neither I nor really Porsche can fully fix. Take a look around at many local dealership guys and you'll see a darth of new cars...some luxury car dealerships have more used cars and those by other marques on the lot than new ones! My old BMW dealership a large one on the East coast has 11 cars online in stock and 110 in transit if that tells you something. My dealer has not seen a free and open 992 in months...all already sold and trickling in. So yeah my advice to those inpatient for their cars is yes understand it...but learned a long time ago that you getting frustrated and flailing at something beyond your control does really nothing but wear out your piece of mind and energy with the same result....hopefully things will get better sooner or later.

dsak48

First Name
Constantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW LEXUS
Country flag

I agree on most parts with the above mentioned.I placed mid July an order for CT 4S Sport Turismo with initial delivery end of this year, then got update for February of 22, and finally on Friday received in written the delivery for the end of June ...11 months is not acceptable .Why is it not acceptable?When I register the car it is a few months away from the new model year and with a GTS probably too.I am 200 % sure that if I change my order next month to the GTS it will delivered in 2023.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag

totally hear you on this and you’re not wrong. At the same time you’re coming from a completely different perspective than us on completely different timelines with ‘21s lingering at the factory. The compounding challenges for us include:
- buying another car to fill the gap (some even sold cars once their ‘21s were shown as production complete back in mid-July)
- ‘22s arriving stateside before ‘21s left the factory
- complete lack of communication and an imprecise excuse of “chip shortages” or “supply issues”

Like everything with customer service it comes down to proper expectations and communication. As far as my experience that’s been handled 100% by TYD. It surprises me that the dealers are completely in the dark and have no one at corporate or the factory to reach out to for better management of expectations and communication.

Had it not been for word of ’22s heading stateside, I think the negative sentiment from us with ‘21s wouldn’t be as severe. Our SAs should have been better prepared when that was happening to explain to us waiting, on now an older model, “why”. It also didn’t help that many of us had delivery dates pushed 6-8 weeks in TYD around the same time.

I had a 2 month cushion from extending our current lease to original ETA of our ordered CT4 and was told there would likely be delays (this was back when we ordered in May). Our current ETA is four months after initial estimate. Now that my wife bought another car, we’re less committed to her order. We still plan to buy it if the cost and timing make sense when it finally arrives, but at least we feel settled having a vehicle for her to drive.

Last edited:

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
totally hear you on this and you’re not wrong. At the same time you’re coming from a completely different perspective than us on completely different timelines with ‘21s lingering at the factory. The compounding challenges for us include:
- buying another car to fill the gap (some even sold cars once their ‘21s were shown as production complete back in mid-July)
- complete lack of communication and an imprecise excuse of “chip shortages” or “supply issues”

Like everything with customer service it comes down to proper expectations and communication. As far as my experience that’s been handled 100% by TYD. It surprises me that the dealers are completely in the dark and have no one at corporate or the factory to reach out to for better management of expectations and communication.

Had it not been for word of ’22s heading stateside, I think the negative sentiment from us with ‘21s wouldn’t be as severe. Our SAs should have been better prepared when that was happening to explain to us waiting, on now an older model, “why”. It also didn’t help that many of us had delivery dates pushed 6-8 weeks in TYD around the same time.

I had a 2 month cushion from extending our current lease to original ETA of our ordered CT4 and were told there would likely be delays (this was back when we ordered in May). Our current ETA is four months after initial estimate. Now that my wife bought another car, we’re less committed to her order. We still plan to buy it if the cost and timing make sense when it finally arrives but at least we have a vehicle for her to drive.
This is EXACTLY correct and reflects my sentiments entirely. Filling MY22 orders while MY21 cars languish on the production line for months is wholly improper, and before anyone chimes in with how vastly personal these builds are and are therefore subject to unprojected holdups, I’ve been advised that my car which entered production on 07/20 is being delayed at the factory for the TPMS, the induction charging retrofit and the sound enhancer, all issues that, to my mind at least, should have been resolved In the past three months and released to Emden.

BTW the only way I happened to find out:

1) What my VIN is

and

2) What, if any, open campaigns existed on my still, as of yet, uncompleted vehicle

is because of a few helpful members on this forum. My dealer portends that they have no info on the delays whatsoever and PCNA has been silent as the only correspondence received by them was in response to an email I sent requesting some details. Their reply was for me to, essentially, reach out to my dealer for updates even though my initial correspondence advised them that my dealer said they had no additional info.

Chip shortages and supply chain issues aside I, for one, think that communication could have been handled MUCH better beginning with why cars that entered production in July have yet to be finished while some newer vehicles seem to be prioritized.

Last edited:

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is EXACTLY correct and reflects my sentiments entirely. Filling MY22 orders while MY21 cars languish on the production line for months is wholly improper, and before anyone chimes in with how vastly personal these builds are and are therefore subject to unprojected holdups, I’ve been advised that my car which entered production on 07/20 is being held up at the factory for the TPMS, the induction charging retrofit and the sound enhancer, all issues that, to my mind at least, should have been resolved In the past three months and released to Emden.

BTW the only way I happened to find out

1) What my VIN is

and

2) What, if any, open campaigns existed on my still, as of yet, uncompleted vehicle

is because of a few helpful members on this forum. My dealer portends that they have no info on the delays whatsoever and PCNA has been silent as the only correspondence received by them was in response to an email I sent requesting some details. Their reply was for me to, essentially, reach out to my dealer for updates even though my initial correspondence advised them that my dealer said they had no additional info.

Chip shortages and supply chain issues aside I, for one, think that communication could have been handled MUCH better beginning with why cars that entered production in July have yet to be finished while some newer vehicles seem to be prioritized.
Everything you said! ? I consider myself a very patient person, it’s only the lack of communication that has made me so frustrated. The lease on my Alfa ended August 1st, my CT was supposed to arrive 7/31. Thankfully because the market is so crazy buying out my lease actually made financial sense. If my CT arrives this year I might still break even on my trade in. But every month that passes I lose value on my Alfa. If we push in to 2022 I will be losing money for sure. In the end I’m thankful that I have a nice car to drive in the interim because I had considered selling off my car earlier, if I had done that I’d be stuck driving my father’s old 2004 BMW X3. ?

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Everything you said! ? I consider myself a very patient person, it’s only the lack of communication that has made me so frustrated. The lease on my Alfa ended August 1st, my CT was supposed to arrive 7/31. Thankfully because the market is so crazy buying out my lease actually made financial sense. If my CT arrives this year I might still break even on my trade in. But every month that passes I lose value on my Alfa. If we push in to 2022 I will be losing money for sure. In the end I’m thankful that I have a nice car to drive in the interim because I had considered selling off my car earlier, if I had done that I’d be stuck driving my father’s old 2004 BMW X3. ?
. Totally agree that the current delivery schemes and schedules are causing havoc with everyone including dealers, customers, and PCNA and PAG as well. Putting lots of folks into hard decisions am sure. All can do better including dealers who have customers waiting for cars at purchase prices that may not include getting a vehicle late into the model year and depreciation. However I think in order to do so Porsche NA needs to come to the table to help "alleviate" the pain...I agree.

I kinda want to fly out to zuffenhausen, ask what’s going on, and offer to lend a hand on the lines. Even if that isn’t productive I can console myself with some local brats and beer.
Yeah I think the problem isn't there as much as those guys/gals don't have anything to put on the vehicles coming out the line. Problems w/with Sub contractors, chips, supply are all causing 2nd and 3rd order effects to include shipping/logistics and ports. Have toured the BMW factory at Spartanburg twice and the one in Munich also and its amazing how these manufacturers utilize just in time supply and production to make these cars. The fact that the US I think alone is scheduled to see like 1 million or more less cars produced says something that unfortunately brats and local beer won't help out. :(
In the current environment, between chip and allotment shortages, I’m thinking the SA’s would simply offer the deposit back with the understanding that they’ll be people waiting in line to take your build regardless of model year.

Frustrating for sure but we really don’t have much recourse. If nothing else TYD seems to have relieved the dealers of presenting the buyer with any bad news regarding delays when the buyer can simply get the general info for themselves. Details are, of course, lacking but neither the dealerships nor Porsche has made any attempt to be forthcoming with any specific info
They will and more folks in line behind you would be my guess and what I've heard. But given a '21 is still not delivered then I agree they should price it moderately discounted to account for that. Problem folks don't see is these are NOT normal times and when used cars are commanding almost MSRP prices and dealers lots are empty-ish then a new '21 Taycan CT or anything to some WILL likely sell and bring revenue into the dealership and also help keep them going as talking to some friends in the industry its been a readjustment and a struggle for some dealers especially smaller ones to keep salesmen on payroll, mechanics in the shop, etc. SO while these cars are almost a year old likely when they finally get to dealers and owners...they still represent sales which are desperately needed in today's environment. Not a fun situation all around for everyone I guess.

I agree with this however at the risk of repeating myself... how the hell are MY22's rolling off the production line as completed or mostly-completed vehicles? If this shortage affected most builds being produced and the only thing being shipped to dealers were bare bones '21/'22's I'd completely understand but I'm seeing well optioned '22's making their way to dealers while uncompleted '21's languish on the production line for months. I would think they'd want to complete the cars that went into production and are at the end of their model year before they start another similarly optioned order at the start of a new production cycle. Then again WTFDIK? This is truly the bizzaro world that we're living in during this post-pandemic point in time...

That was a rhetorical question by the way. We'll likely never get anything other than speculation as the dealers don't seem to know and Porsche has their hands full dealing with supply issues to actually shed any light on the subject.
Agree...biggest issue is the unknown. Dealers are getting little info from PCNA and PAG is sharing little also but hell they probably have as much ability to affect change or at least at a reasonable rate/cost (flying cars into the US and others to bypass the ports maybe?) or really ability to predict what comes next for the rest of 2021 and into 2022. But best estimates from all from amateurs to analysts says expect 2022 to be the same from a standpoint of confused and jacked up logistics and all other factors included.
To give everybody an update:
I emailed my SA and he just called. He said they are going to escalate this to Porsche and they have other clients with the same issue (of course). They will ask for discounts and suggested to call Porsche as well myself and to request the discount and push the issue. I would suggest everyone else do the same and hopefully something positive will come out of it.
. Agree...PCNA should give you something for your time and scheduling issues but since all dealers are independant it would need to come to them and then likely be passed on to you guys who are affected.
It is important to put things in perspective.
Dealers and salespeople make no money until a vehicle is delivered.
Porsche makes no money until we pay for our vehicles.
No one in this chain cares to delay delivery. All incentives are aligned to accelerate delivery.

I posted some illuminating facts in another thread:

Today, this article was posted "Ford’s sales fell 27 percent in the third quarter because of chip shortages." (not to mention Honda’s sales fell 11 percent and Chrysler’s 19 percent. Toyota's total for September declined 22 percent)

In my own business (Operational AI for manufacturing), all of my automotive customers are struggling because of chip shortages. We're way past rotors, caps, and points!

As far a "resale" value - in time (years from now) our MY2021's that get delivered in 2022 will be considered old. But there won't be many MY2021s relative to future years (fingers crossed). There won't be a large traunch of MY2021s to pull down the resale market value of the vehicles.

That dealers today are paying higher than MSRP at dealer auctions tells how tight the market is.
. Yes see comments above. I tell my friends just drive by some dealerships in their areas and if you could time lapse their lots now vs them 12-16 mos ago it would be like looking a farm in the spring vs the winter. One report I recently saw presented say most dealers had less than 2-4 weeks of supply in hand to sell vs normally 90 days plus. Amazing!

I agree on most parts with the above mentioned.I placed mid July an order for CT 4S Sport Turismo with initial delivery end of this year, then got update for February of 22, and finally on Friday received in written the delivery for the end of June ...11 months is not acceptable .Why is it not acceptable?When I register the car it is a few months away from the new model year and with a GTS probably too.I am 200 % sure that if I change my order next month to the GTS it will delivered in 2023.
. Asked my dealer on the Taycan GTS and SportTurismo and no word on them but his estimate is that IF we do see an announcement it would be in Nov at earliest and given what they currently have seen and expect forecasted...you would not see those cars hit US customers till last 2022 or likely early to mid 2023 given the current supply back logs unless Porsche just decided to limit production numbers for 2022 and go with what they could make and get to market. Lots of IF's....but a GTS or SportsTurismo are likely not going to be seen until maybe this time 2022....his analogy is Porsche's inability to deliver fully to customers on 992 orders esp 992 GTS and GT3 and Turbo/Turbo S orders. High profit cars and Porsche is STILL having difficulties getting those thru the lines and to port and dealers. Strange times....

I had a 2 month cushion from extending our current lease to original ETA of our ordered CT4 and was told there would likely be delays (this was back when we ordered in May). Our current ETA is four months after initial estimate. Now that my wife bought another car, we’re less committed to her order. We still plan to buy it if the cost and timing make sense when it finally arrives, but at least we feel settled having a vehicle for her to drive.
. Yes I did the same with my 992 order and sold my car in July 2020 for a car that wouldn't arrive until Nov 2020. Car arrived a month late but I did have a daily driver to drive so it wasn't a make or break issue. Realize not the same with everyone here tho so mileage may differ for some. My CT4 is going to be my daily driver but have other vehicle to utilize so less rush for me again but realize that is not everyone and agree PCNA or PAG should offer some sort of compensation or assistance. When my '16 Cayenne diesel was held via dieselgate my dealer got us another car inbound Cayenne v6 and threw in a maintenance package and additional discount for sticking with the order and them. Welcome and appreciated and bought a CPO '13 Carrera S for them a month after the wife's Cayenne arrived. Relationships and doing right by a customer matters...I agree
This is EXACTLY correct and reflects my sentiments entirely. Filling MY22 orders while MY21 cars languish on the production line for months is wholly improper, and before anyone chimes in with how vastly personal these builds are and are therefore subject to unprojected holdups, I’ve been advised that my car which entered production on 07/20 is being delayed at the factory for the TPMS, the induction charging retrofit and the sound enhancer, all issues that, to my mind at least, should have been resolved In the past three months and released to Emden.

BTW the only way I happened to find out:

1) What my VIN is

and

All valid points! See previous posts!

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I don’t see Porsche giving compensation for delays because it would set a precedent. In the future, they’d have to give every customer compensation for a delay and who determines when a delay is compensable? Whereas now, they can point to things out of their control (force majeure) causing the delay.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche and the dealers have a huge dilemma - tell the truth and set correct expectations but possibly lose a sale, or make the sale and hope the pray for the best outcome and/or that the customer will not be willing to lose the deposit. Personally I prefer to deal with the ones who are honest and direct, but a lot of people out there cannot handle the truth.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Echoing what has been said on the thread so far. Having supply-chain problems is to be expected, all players in the industry are affected to varying extends.

What has been unacceptable is how Porsche has been:
- Non-transparent in communications about the state of MY21 production
- Refusing to even commit to make **software** updates on MY21 models before they leave the factory for them to have the latest software
- Prioritizing MY22 production over MY21. (If it's because of different components used, this issue is the same one as the first. The lacking communication increases frustration)
- If they couldn't do anything about prioritizing MY21 models, at least offer some discount to MY21 owners, or let them order a MY22 model, since the MY21 models will sell off the lot easily anyways in the current context

Has anyone been considering formal complaints or legal action?

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
So I just checked TYD and delayed again by two weeks from December 24 to January 7

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
So I just checked TYD and delayed again by two weeks from December 24 to January 7
Yup. Me too….. production estimated completion date went from 11/12 to 11/26 or nearly 5 months since it started production. It’s now a virtual certainty that I’ll be taking delivery of a MY21 in 2022 should I follow through on this purchase.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Yup. Me too….. production estimated completion date went from 11/12 to 11/26 or nearly 5 months since it started production. It’s now a virtual certainty that I’ll be taking delivery of a MY21 in 2022 should I follow through on this purchase.
I just want my deposit back. Thinking of doing a surprise visit to my dealership tomorrow
Sponsored