JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
IDENTICAL situation to yours. Placed order in June, "frozen" June 19th, original was 9/10 arrival to PEC-Atlanta, repeated delayed and today TYD shows 12/26/2021 arrival..

Will not have delivery until late Jan-March depending on how I can coordinate with PEC-ATL availability and my personal schedule... Taking Delivery of a '21 in Feb 2022 with instant a depreciated value. The internal dealer system show a EXIT Production (CP7.8) on 8/23/21 .. [planned: 7/30/21 and expected: 9/10/2021]

PCNA needs to step up. Nothing that the dealer can do.

Will be discussing with dealer and Cancellation is very likely.

Include me in any group effort/comments.

I just checked TYD and delivery date, for MY21, has further been delayed to 12/24. I do not think that this is acceptable to get a MY21 end of December not to mention that it could get further delayed and actually get delivered in 2022.

For background, I placed the order on June 21 for June 28 lock date. The car started production on July 19. At time of order it was supposed to be delivered on September 3rd.
since then it has been delayed to October 8 then November 26 and now December 24.

For anyone in the same situation as myself, I think we should do something together to raise this issue with Porsche. Please let me know if you are having the same situation and ideas on how to address this.
Sponsored

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
In my case - 1 week Delivery delay now 11/26/2026
Deposit for the one allocation 06/30
Order Created 07/23 -> 22 CT4
Freeze Point 09/13
Scheduled production 09/27
Start production estimated 10/08...

6 Months...

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m in the same situation with my CT, as expected. Ordered in April with 7/31 delivery
Locked in June
Production started July
Delivery bumped yesterday to 12/31
Not sure what options are available. But yes, please include me in any further info or ideas you may have.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I was thinking that each of us reach to their dealerships and discuss with them cancelling the order or other options they have for us. for the time being iterate to them that they need to escalate this to corporate as they are supposed to be working for our benefits (the point of dealership).
Our demands should be that our cars should take priority with firm dates for completion. Discounts to cover our loss in resale value. Need better communications and what is happening or switch our cars to my22. let me know your guys thoughts as i am a little over the place.

i already emailed my sa but i know he is out today so i expect to hear back from him tomorrow. if i do not hear from him tomorrow (should have done that first), i will follow up with an email and copy the manager.

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Interesting. I just got my CT4 on Wednesday delivered. Was at the port from August 13 to Sept 24. Production start July 8. Production complete July 16. My freeze date was 6/17. I’m in the DC area. Wondering if it was some combination of options you chose?

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Interesting. I just got my CT4 on Wednesday delivered. Was at the port from August 13 to Sept 24. Production start July 8. Production complete July 16. My freeze date was 6/17. I’m in the DC area. Wondering if it was some combination of options you chose?
It probably is something related to the options. But I believe yours was in and out of production before further chip shortage complications

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I was thinking that each of us reach to their dealerships and discuss with them cancelling the order or other options they have for us. for the time being iterate to them that they need to escalate this to corporate as they are supposed to be working for our benefits (the point of dealership).
Our demands should be that our cars should take priority with firm dates for completion. Discounts to cover our loss in resale value. Need better communications and what is happening or switch our cars to my22. let me know your guys thoughts as i am a little over the place.

i already emailed my sa but i know he is out today so i expect to hear back from him tomorrow. if i do not hear from him tomorrow (should have done that first), i will follow up with an email and copy the manager.
I kinda want to fly out to zuffenhausen, ask what’s going on, and offer to lend a hand on the lines. Even if that isn’t productive I can console myself with some local brats and beer.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
In the current environment, between chip and allotment shortages, I’m thinking the SA’s would simply offer the deposit back with the understanding that they’ll be people waiting in line to take your build regardless of model year.

Frustrating for sure but we really don’t have much recourse. If nothing else TYD seems to have relieved the dealers of presenting the buyer with any bad news regarding delays when the buyer can simply get the general info for themselves. Details are, of course, lacking but neither the dealerships nor Porsche has made any attempt to be forthcoming with any specific info

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The lower insurance premiums I assume correlate with a lower priced car. Repairs may be the same but if the car is totaled out the insurance company pays out less, hence the lower premium.
Insurance premium is based on predicted car value and its repairs. This value often goes by tables they have which are based on standard depreciation of similar cars, hence they will predict a lower value for MY21. However, if you were ever to total the car, or come close, the actual value is equal to replacement value, so in your case they will have to find comparable MY21 for sale, and since there was not many MY21's delivered, the replacement value will be high.

Also I’ve learned that once you hit April of the following year, the model is considered used by most banks, so you’re buying a “new” car with used car financing rates, which tend to be higher. I doubt we’ll be waiting until April for delivery but the ETAs seem to be creeping closer and closer to that threshold.
Hmm... I never ran into this. Had a family member pick up a year and half old car once (demo) as a new car, which qualified both for new car interest rate and the federal EV rebate. I would be very surprised if Porsche financing told you your just arrived car has to be financed as a used car.

Last edited:

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
It probably is something related to the options. But I believe yours was in and out of production before further chip shortage complications
Mine started production on 7/6 two days before @Jase700. So It can’t be as simple as that.

In the current environment, between chip and allotment shortages, I’m thinking the SA’s would simply offer the deposit back with the understanding that they’ll be people waiting in line to take your build regardless of model year.

Frustrating for sure but we really don’t have much recourse. If nothing else TYD seems to have relieved the dealers of presenting the buyer with any bad news regarding delays when the buyer can simply get the general info for themselves. Details are, of course, lacking but neither the dealerships nor Porsche has made any attempt to be forthcoming with any info.
This ??. When I spoke to my SA he said the sales manager has been telling them to let the customer know they can have their deposit back. Other than that they have nothing to offer. At this point I almost want to wait until next year because Illinois just passed a bill giving a $4000 rebate for EVs on top of the federal $7500. Doesn’t go in to effect until July 2022 though. Unfortunately by then my trade will have dropped in value, so likely a wash. Just a ridiculous situation all around.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
mine is not showing on my vehicles but when I use the TYD link from the email it shows the delayed dates.
Had the same issue. I had to logout in the app and relogin. It then showed up again.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Insurance premium is based on predicted car value and its repairs. This value often goes by tables they have which are based on standard depreciation of similar cars, hence they will predict a lower value for MY21. However, if you were ever to total the car, or come close, the actual payment is equal to replacement value, so in your case they will have to find comparable MY21 for sale, and since there was not many MY21's delivered, the replacement value will be high.

Hmm... I never ran into this. Had a family member pick up a year and half old car once (demo) as a new car, which qualified both for new car interest rate and the federal EV rebate. I would be very surprised if Porsche financing told you your just arrived car has to be financed as a used car.
Short term there won’t be a difference in ‘21 vs ‘22 pricing but 2-3 years from now I anticipate a $10k difference in resale cost. I’m justifying staying the course with the ‘21 CT4 as long as the $7500 tax credit remains in place, which should soften the residual blow later on.

The interest rate difference isn’t huge, about .25% the last three times I scoped rates direct with banks. Guessing the dealer blinded this part with their usual markup.

Reactions: B61

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had the same issue. I had to logout in the app and relogin. It then showed up again.
Still not showing up for me in “my vehicles” after logging out and back in. It was in there as of two days ago.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
We are in the same situation and would like to be included and participate in this effort. Cross-post from our other thread: We took literally our dealership's first CT allocation back in May. Production started 7/15 and still apparently sitting at the factory waiting for TPMS. Now showing 12/31 estimated delivery in TYD.

Meanwhile, the dealer's second CT allocation, which was slotted for delivery 2 weeks after ours (for a higher spec CT4S) is now on the Glovis Sun. Dont want to be a cynic and conclude that higher MSRP cars are being prioritized in production, but hard to come to any contrary conclusion in this case.

No information from Porsche or from dealer. No faith in a 2021 delivery at this point. With the likely loss of the US Federal EV tax credit for the Taycan next year and '22s inbound by then, we question wether it makes sense to stick with a '21, especially when, as it seems, no compensation is being offered.
Sponsored