MY21 cross turismo further delays

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
So I called Porsche NA as suggested by @menzz and the customer service rep could only tell me what TYD already shows. One bright spot however, I asked for a VIN and at first she couldn’t locate one, but then she dug deeper and found it. So now I have a VIN, which up until now wasn’t available to me through MyPorsche or TYD. I sent a lengthy email to the dealer so we’ll see if they respond.
Sponsored

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Fro, reading the posts looks like the US was allocated a higher percentage of MY22 CTs vs demand if delivery is so fast. Ordered my CT in the UK beginning of September and won’t even get a build slot notification till January at the earliest. I don’t expect to see the car till June at best (shame as with shortage my current iPace is worth a decent bit more than its finance outstanding) Estate/Wagon/Hatch very popular over here.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It seems there are plenty of available '22 allocations out there. Only a very small fringe of the car-buying public in the US are interested in wagons, much less high end / electric ones. Seems most everyone who wants one has theirs already, or has it at least on the way.
Do you know any specific dealers which have an open allocation for a '22 Taycan CT Turbo that you know of? if you have more than one name, that would be even better. West coast preferable but willing to travel. All dealers I contacted either have a waiting list (for an allocation) or are not even interested in adding more people to a waiting list, just told me to call them back in a few months.

Last edited:

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
Do you know any specific dealers which have an open allocation for a '22 Taycan CT Turbo that you know of? if you have more than one name, that would be even better. West coast preferable but willing to travel. All dealers I contacted either have a waiting list (for an allocation) or are not even interested in adding more people to a waiting list, just told me to call them back in a few months.
DM sent

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks, I am in the Uk and have just emailed Porsche GB with my thoughts...... Will let people know if i get a response.
Hey Lawreance
Thanks, I am in the Uk and have just emailed Porsche GB with my thoughts...... Will let people know if i get a response.
Hello Lawrence, did you have any luck?

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Hey Lawreance

Hello Lawrence, did you have any luck?
Not yet, but at least i am getting replies from Porsche GB. I chased them yesterday - got an email back saying they have not heard from the Vehicle Planning department at "Porsche Cars Great Britain". I will chase again today as theoretically it should not take this long for a company such as Porsche to reply to a consumer?

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Not yet, but at least i am getting replies from Porsche GB. I chased them yesterday - got an email back saying they have not heard from the Vehicle Planning department at "Porsche Cars Great Britain". I will chase again today as theoretically it should not take this long for a company such as Porsche to reply to a consumer?
Porsche NA was no help whatsoever when dealing with three different agents. The first agent made an attempt to get me more info on my build but came up empty and then passed me off to "Porsche Connect"... the PC agent was stymied as to why they transferred me to him and he advised me to call back "later". A final attempt with the aforementioned call back had me reach yet another agent who gave me the typical "you'll have to refer all questions to your dealer" canned response.

Frustrating to say the least and wholly disappointing with a purported luxury marque...

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I just checked TYD and delivery date, for MY21, has further been delayed to 12/24. I do not think that this is acceptable to get a MY21 end of December not to mention that it could get further delayed and actually get delivered in 2022.

For background, I placed the order on June 21 for June 28 lock date. The car started production on July 19. At time of order it was supposed to be delivered on September 3rd.
since then it has been delayed to October 8 then November 26 and now December 24.

For anyone in the same situation as myself, I think we should do something together to raise this issue with Porsche. Please let me know if you are having the same situation and ideas on how to address this.
I sent the following message to PCNA and to my Dealer:

To - PCNA Customer Support/ Brand Experience / Sales
Re. - Delivery delay on my 2021 Taycan CT4 VIN # (omitted for this post)
"I am dealing with an extremely long delay on the delivery of my 2021 Taycan CT4. As an aside I sold my Macan and cancelled an order for a Tesla in anticipation of receiving the Taycan the first week of August, 2021, which was the delivery time frame I was given when placing the order with (my dealer omitted for this post)

I gave (my dealer omitted for this post) a $11K deposit mid April, 2021 at the time the order was placed.

I am still very excited re. receiving the Taycan; however, when it is ultimately delivered, I will be receiving a 1 model year old vehicle, as 2022 Taycan's will have begun to be delivered. The TYD site is saying delivery of December 24, 2021. However, that date has been delayed
several times before.

I would ask PCNA to compensate me for the delivery delay and resulting loss of future trade in value and the inconvenience and expenses of providing alternative transportation during this extended period.

If we can’t close on the vehicle by Dec 31, 2021 I will also stand to loose the $7,500 FTC which is another matter for which I should receive compensation.

I kindly ask for your assistance in getting this in front of PCNA and helping to obtain a favorable outcome

Thank you very much for your assistance.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I sent the following message to PCNA and to my Dealer:

To - PCNA Customer Support/ Brand Experience / Sales
Re. - Delivery delay on my 2021 Taycan CT4 VIN # (omitted for this post)
"I am dealing with an extremely long delay on the delivery of my 2021 Taycan CT4. As an aside I sold my Macan and cancelled an order for a Tesla in anticipation of receiving the Taycan the first week of August, 2021, which was the delivery time frame I was given when placing the order with (my dealer omitted for this post)

I gave (my dealer omitted for this post) a $11K deposit mid April, 2021 at the time the order was placed.

I am still very excited re. receiving the Taycan; however, when it is ultimately delivered, I will be receiving a 1 model year old vehicle, as 2022 Taycan's will have begun to be delivered. The TYD site is saying delivery of December 24, 2021. However, that date has been delayed
several times before.

I would ask PCNA to compensate me for the delivery delay and resulting loss of future trade in value and the inconvenience and expenses of providing alternative transportation during this extended period.

If we can’t close on the vehicle by Dec 31, 2021 I will also stand to loose the $7,500 FTC which is another matter for which I should receive compensation.

I kindly ask for your assistance in getting this in front of PCNA and helping to obtain a favorable outcome

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Let me know when you hear back and I will use your template.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Porsche in my experience doesn’t really care about such complaints. They have been really dismissive about my complaints regarding a 4 month delaying of vehicle

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
Porsche in my experience doesn’t really care about such complaints. They have been really dismissive about my complaints regarding a 4 month delaying of vehicle
This.
We cancelled our '21 CT order (May order, Aug original delivery, pushed back several times to 12/31/21). At the end of the day, any promise Porsche makes to deliver by a certain date (which promises are non-existant as far as I am aware) are between Porsche and the dealer, not between Porsche and the customer.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
This.
We cancelled our '21 CT order (May order, Aug original delivery, pushed back several times to 12/31/21). At the end of the day, any promise Porsche makes to deliver by a certain date (which promises are non-existant as far as I am aware) are between Porsche and the dealer, not between Porsche and the customer.
Plus, they can always point to force majeure (ie. Supply chain issues out of their control) vs paying every disgruntled customer (including me). Also saw folks on a macan board equally upset with delays.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
This.
So did you they refund your deposit?

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
So did you they refund your deposit?
We asked to cancel and rather than letting us walk away, dealer offered a '22 allocation just about to lock. Interesting thing is my TYD account still shows both and the '22 is estimated to arrive before the '21.
Sponsored