MyPorsche App/website connectivity problem. WNK7 recall just done....

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi

I've just had my car back from having it's heater fixed and they also did 2 campaigns - WNK7 and WNV0. WNK7 is to do with the antenna i believe, not sure about the other one.

Anyway, I seem to have lost all connectivity with myporsche app/website. I can't see anything to do with charging or tyre pressures or the the tracker etc. However it does have the green 'ready' dot showing in the app which implies the app/car are speaking to each other. Green sos light in the car too.

2 finger reset hasn't done anything and it isn't in privacy mode.

Any thoughts?

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche App/website connectivity problem. WNK7 recall just done.... F120A110-C6BB-46D2-8C59-2ADDB243332C_1_201_a
Sponsored

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
This started yesterday for me as well. The app says privacy mode is engaged. Went out to the car to check and it wasn’t in privacy mode… same thing happened again just now.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This started yesterday for me as well. The app says privacy mode is engaged. Went out to the car to check and it wasn’t in privacy mode… same thing happened again just now.
Thanks. Maybe some Porsche servers are down and other stuff coincidental.
porsche dealer told me to log out of car until tomorrow. So trying that.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Adding another data point to this issue.

I'm also having similar connection issues. The My Porsche app and website has been working fine until this morning when I tried to remotely heat the cabin via the app. I've never had any issues with heating or any recall/campaigns done on my Taycan GTS, literally just happened today out of the blue.

The My Porsche app is showing a red dot (no connection) unfortunately - the website is also unable to connect to my Taycan. No mentioning of privacy mode, neither in the app nor the PCM. The "2 finger" engineering reset didn't work either. Green SOS light in the car and I'm seeing the LTE icon on the side.

I'm a bit hesitant to disconnect by 12V battery because I'm going to be traveling for the next few weeks and would really not want to deal with another issue in case that goes wrong. I'll give PCNA a call tomorrow and see what they say.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

I've just had my car back from having it's heater fixed and they also did 2 campaigns - WNK7 and WNV0. WNK7 is to do with the antenna i believe, not sure about the other one.

Anyway, I seem to have lost all connectivity with myporsche app/website. I can't see anything to do with charging or tyre pressures or the the tracker etc. However it does have the green 'ready' dot showing in the app which implies the app/car are speaking to each other. Green sos light in the car too.

2 finger reset hasn't done anything and it isn't in privacy mode.

Any thoughts?

F120A110-C6BB-46D2-8C59-2ADDB243332C_1_201_a.jpeg
Are online services active in My Porsche website - Porsche Connect Services? Two green icons.

Don't think it is a series issue - I had connectivity yesterday.

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche App/website connectivity problem. WNK7 recall just done.... Screenshot_20230310-071212_Chrome

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are online services active in My Porsche website - Porsche Connect Services? Two green icons.

Don't think it is a series issue - I had connectivity yesterday.

Screenshot_20230310-071212_Chrome.jpg
Yes they are green. But still not working after loging back in to car this morning.

oddly/coincidentally I had an email from smart mobility overnight telling me they couldn’t renew some of my connect services overnight (coming up to car birthday) and to log in and pay again. Taking my money seemed to work ok but app still dead.

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche App/website connectivity problem. WNK7 recall just done.... 1ED50CF5-E0C8-4F67-AD3E-3CF42B5465DC

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes they are green. But still not working after loging back in to car this morning.

oddly/coincidentally I had an email from smart mobility overnight telling me they couldn’t renew some of my connect services overnight (coming up to car birthday) and to log in and pay again. Taking my money seemed to work ok but app still dead.

1ED50CF5-E0C8-4F67-AD3E-3CF42B5465DC.png
Most odd.

Have you tried using your secondary Porsche ID and Key Fob - to unlock the car, login as the secondary user, lock the car and the see what if anything has come online?

If you have a good LTE service (check reception indicator in the car) where the car is and it's not underground then it doesn't feel like its a comms issue with the car. Privacy mode is generally the one that trips folk up but as this has been enabled then it can't be that either.

Beyond that it could be something was goofed while at the dealers but again seems unlikely.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most odd.

Have you tried using your secondary Porsche ID and Key Fob - to unlock the car, login as the secondary user, lock the car and the see what if anything has come online?

If you have a good LTE service (check reception indicator in the car) where the car is and it's not underground then it doesn't feel like its a comms issue with the car. Privacy mode is generally the one that trips folk up but as this has been enabled then it can't be that either.

Beyond that it could be something was goofed while at the dealers but again seems unlikely.
Hmm have spare key but no secondary user.

Reception should be good. parked where it's always parked.

Edit.
Created a second user with a different key. Then tried a variety of different combinations of opening the car/which account etc. After a few goes it now seems to have sorted itself out.

It was odd, because app/website could see when the car was in private mode, but wouldn't work when you took it out of it. Anyway hopefully it'll behave now. Thanks for the ideas - Something worked!!

Last edited:

Electroad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, Honda S2000
Country flag
Same problem in Australia. Had car one month and perfect until yesterday. Evidence of connection as being advised through app of pre-aircon completed. Nothing else working, exactly as described by BigBob except for 15 minute period where there was connection but said I was in Privacy mode, which I wasn’t. Other side of globe suggests Porsche server problem

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same problem in Australia. Had car one month and perfect until yesterday. Evidence of connection as being advised through app of pre-aircon completed. Nothing else working, exactly as described by BigBob except for 15 minute period where there was connection but said I was in Privacy mode, which I wasn’t. Other side of globe suggests Porsche server problem
Hmmm. Prefer a server issue to having to take it back to dealership if there was a mess up with the recall!
Also bit a weird my connect store renewals had an error at the same time.
Fingers crossed it’s all coincidental and Professor Porsche has rebooted his ZX81s and that fixed it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hmm have spare key but no secondary user.

Reception should be good. parked where it's always parked.

Edit.
Created a second user with a different key. Then tried a variety of different combinations of opening the car/which account etc. After a few goes it now seems to have sorted itself out.

It was odd, because app/website could see when the car was in private mode, but wouldn't work when you took it out of it. Anyway hopefully it'll behave now. Thanks for the ideas - Something worked!!
I have faith in the key trick - stumbled on it 2 years ago when this was an even bigger mess than it is now and has worked for others. The other option was to go nuclear and disconnect the 12v to force a hard reset.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
disconnect the 12v to force a hard reset.
That would have been a back to the dealer for a 'you broke it, you fix it and no i'm not waiting until mid April' moment!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Adding another data point to this issue.

I'm also having similar connection issues. The My Porsche app and website has been working fine until this morning when I tried to remotely heat the cabin via the app. I've never had any issues with heating or any recall/campaigns done on my Taycan GTS, literally just happened today out of the blue.
You might want to check that the heater and precool/heat functions are still working without an error. See this post.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might want to check that the heater and precool/heat functions are still working without an error. See this post.
All good! Not sure why I feel so happy that something does what it’s supposed to!
Sponsored