Navigation just got so much better! A better Route Planner just released their new version 4.0.35 for iOS

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
ABRP or A better Route Planner just released their new version 4.0.35 for iOS and it is CarPlay compatible! So finally we have super accurate navigation in our cars.... the only thing is that we can not get the map into the controls screen which would have been optimum :)
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apparently you need to be a premium member to use this.

"Do note that a premium subscription will be required to use this feature, but you may of course do so with the 14 day trial as well. The trial is NOT available through the app store but you may sign up and receive it using the web portal"

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I think that is a good thing. It supports development of a brilliant app.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
As long as you have an IPhone ;), just a quick question does it include some battery planner?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yeah, battery/charging planning is its main thing. The web version and save pdf's could work too!

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As long as you have an IPhone ;), just a quick question does it include some battery planner?
Yes, this is true and that's why I said iOS and Carplay.. :cool:

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was just about to post the same message. I’ve been using ABRP for about 10 days now. I found the app to be extremely good. So much so, I paid for the subscription within 30 mins. I believe good apps need to be maintained and developed, the designer needs real money for this. Hence I have no issues paying for it.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this info. I’m not a paid subscriber to the app, but figure next time I take a road trip I’ll spend the $5 for a month (IIRC it says 14 days free trial). Good way to see how it works, compared to the native routing in the Taycan (and all compared to my many years of Tesla ownership).

Can’t wait for better weather, and reasons to go drive and enjoy my free DC fast charging! ;)

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I like (and support) ABRP, but I honestly think the CarPlay implementation is awful. It doesn't really allow any settings, and always seems to assume (for example) that I'm starting a route with a 100% SoC. Definitely needs work, but I'm glad to see them deliver CarPlay support.

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like (and support) ABRP, but I honestly think the CarPlay implementation is awful. It doesn't really allow any settings, and always seems to assume (for example) that I'm starting a route with a 100% SoC. Definitely needs work, but I'm glad to see them deliver CarPlay support.
Yes, after having used it on the Taycan for a few days it's still very rudimentary but I am expecting them to up the game as they tend to do when they support something. :)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This is true, but Apple will not allow a lot search functions through apps that can be used with CarPlay? It is often noted somewhere in the app when you download or use it. I hope this will get better with time, but it takes two to tango, and Apple can be very difficult to work with.

Hera is what ChargeMap have released for their CarPlay compatible app.

””Partly due to security reasons, the development of applications in CarPlay is still hampered by a lot of restrictions, in terms of both what can be displayed and the functions authorised. For example, the filter screen doesn’t allow us to post up a list of connectors or to combine several filters for more advanced searches.””

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My ABRP has recently stopped working. It launches but then automatically closes down without an error code. And body else seeing this?

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You can connect ABRP to Tronity (https://www.tronity.io/?lang=en) and Tronity support the Taycan now. So ABRP can retrieve your SoC via Tronity.

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have tried about 20 times now to do that and it hangs. I've tried every browser, different times of day...
I'm using Firefox and no problem:

Porsche Taycan Navigation just got so much better!  A better Route Planner just released their new version 4.0.35 for iOS Capture d’écran 2021-02-08 à 21.43.01
Sponsored