Navigation voice command - but not to my iPhone

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
I was wondering if I can do a “Porsche navigate to …” while my phone is connected for music and calls (not CarPlay) and have it go to the car nav but not Apple navigation.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If you press the voice button on the steering wheel – you can say "Navigate to". This is independent of CarPlay.

If you are connected with CarPlay pressing that button will still bring up Porsche PCM voice commands. To talk to Siri in that situation you have to long press the same button and then Porsche PCM voice commands are bypassed and you'll hear Siri.

Alternatively, you can activate the "Hey Porsche" option on the PCM – but I don't think thats better. I don't like devices listening all the time and kicking in at the wrong time.

I don't think pressing a button the wheel is too onerous and then I know it only kicks in when I want to issue a command.

OP
OP
VolcanoGrey

VolcanoGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo, G63, Mini (Electric)
Country flag
If you press the voice button on the steering wheel – you can say "Navigate to". This is independent of CarPlay.

If you are connected with CarPlay pressing that button will still bring up Porsche PCM voice commands. To talk to Siri in that situation you have to long press the same button and then Porsche PCM voice commands are bypassed and you'll hear Siri.

Alternatively, you can activate the "Hey Porsche" option on the PCM – but I don't think thats better. I don't like devices listening all the time and kicking in at the wrong time.

I don't think pressing a button the wheel is too onerous and then I know it only kicks in when I want to issue a command.
Thanks - I didn’t realize there was a difference in long vs normal pressing. I’ll try it. I don’t love car play and when I tried a nav command today it went to my Apple Watch which is annoying especially when I have a great map right by my speedometer. I also prefer the button - my family would kill themselves laughing if they heard me say Hey Porsche. Lol.
Sponsored