Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Well with the vehicle in the dealership again with a second major safety issue (phantom braking) they literally just said you should probably lemon this. But since that’s Porsche NA I need to get a lawyer.

any suggestions on good ones in Bay Area?
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well with the vehicle in the dealership again with a second major safety issue (phantom braking) they literally just said you should probably lemon this. But since that’s Porsche NA I need to get a lawyer.

any suggestions on good ones in Bay Area?
Seriously? I think I'd look elsewhere for help here......:rolleyes:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
shouldn't need one - if it's clear cut a simple letter to Porsche NA should do the trick - none of this will move quickly - I've lemoned 3 cars in California - no lawyer necessary.

just write a letter outlining the facts and how they apply to the Lemon law - they can't avoid it and car people know they are trapped.

it will just take time.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've used this basic template for 3 separate Lemon claims (Ford, Tesla, BMW)

it's worked so far - it seems to take 60-90 days to resolve this.

review and modify for your personal situation.

perhaps a lawyer would do it faster - but this has worked for me - good luck!!

Attachments

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
shouldn't need one - if it's clear cut a simple letter to Porsche NA should do the trick - none of this will move quickly - I've lemoned 3 cars in California - no lawyer necessary.

just write a letter outlining the facts and how they apply to the Lemon law - they can't avoid it and car people know they are trapped.

it will just take time.
Unfortunately not how it played out for me, but thanks for posting your template! Let's hope none of us need to use it.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would certainly hire a laywer. I have lemoned an Audi before by just sending a letter but with Porsche is not that easy.
I had a Macan S that had an oil leak and it has been in service 5 times and more than 30 calendar days in total but it was still not fixed. You could see the oil under the engine and you would even smell in in the cabin. Nobody (not even the dealer) would deny the car was leaking oil. I send a letter to Porsche NA (similar to the template) and after a long wait they rejected my request.
A laywer told me that is a known tactic to send you a late response hoping you will get frustrated and you will sell the car at your loss. The frustrating part was that they were trying to invent that that the car leaked from a different places at each dealer visit so they don't fall into the "3 attempts to repair same issue". Oh, and the dealers and everyone were saying that they have never seen the Macan leaking from the timing cover bolts while the forums are flooded with those reports... And it was a known manufacturing defect (aluminum bolts that were breaking and replacement part was steel bolts) but they never admitted it and never recalled and they were asking owners to pay $10-12k out of pocket if they discovered the leak after the warranty was over.

Unfortunately I feel they have inherited a lot of dieselgate-like after-sales customer support from their mama company. Every time I have reached out to their customer support it has been a frustrating and disappointing experience.
Good luck!

Last edited:

blondie19

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
Daniel Imber my first taycan was lemoned. he was great and it was a fast process

masurdubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A6
Country flag
While I can't personally recommend specific lawyers, there are certainly reputable Lemon lawyers in the Bay Area who can assist you with your case. It's important to find someone experienced in Lemon law cases and familiar with dealing with major automakers.

You might want to explore local legal directories or ask for recommendations from friends, family, or online communities. Additionally, you can check out the link https://www.oxnerpermarlaw.com/workers-compensation/ for more information. Although it pertains to workers' compensation, it's always worth exploring law firms' websites as they often have resources or referral networks that can help you find the right attorney for your situation.

Last edited:

AlexMaxX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche
Country flag
Dealing with phantom braking sounds like a major safety concern, and it's frustrating that you're having to deal with it. Finding a good lemon lawyer in the Bay Area can make a big difference in your case. I've heard that this firm at https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/sec/ is quite reputable and handles cases involving defective vehicles. It might be worth reaching out to them for a consultation to discuss your situation and explore your options. I hope everything works out for you and that you can get a resolution to this issue soon.

Last edited:

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Where do you mail the letter to? Porsche has a bunch of corporate addresses.
Sponsored