Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day all, I recently placed an order for a Taycan RWD in London, UK . My current car is a Porsche which I bought over 15 years ago so most of the options are new to me and as I do not know what options sells a car in the second hand market, I let the sales man guide me through the options and we came up with http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFG1UJ3 . The sales man said to go for standard leather rather than spend £2K + on the full leather which was surprising to me. My personal preference is to spend as little money as possible but I know it will be false economy to go for the standard interior if it looks cheap and very inferior to the full leather so any thoughts on how this choice might affect the desirability of the car in the resale market will be appreciated.

I am comfortable with the total cost but will like people's opinion on the options I have chosen. In particular, re the Sports Chrono package and PDLS Plus options, are they worth the extra money ?
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I'd for sure skimp on some of the options you mentioned / other cosmetics to get full leather. IMO it will have better resale (although any option is going to depreciate in reality vs. not picking option)

Options to consider removing:
  • PDLS+, but this depends on how much you drive at night and where. I didn't order it - it seems to be available on FoD to download so doesn't seem to add any hardware
  • Non-functional cosmetic items like sportdesign skirts, high gloss window trim (standard is matte black), black door handles, model designation in black, glacier rear light strip, LED, wheel centers, accent package. Great if you really want to customize to your own, but from a resale perspective will probably bring little value vs. more functional options. From what I can tell, the sum of these is approximately equivalent to leather interior
  • Electric charging cover - I don't love this option, considerations are that it reduces range very slightly (0-1%) and in a few rare instances people had trouble with it not opening
  • Sport Chrono - I didn't option this. It's functional but mostly gives you easier access to mode switches and an individual mode. Sport Plus as well for powertrain (you get sport plus suspension standard without it I think), but doesn't add any power or speed so I'm thinking it's just throttle and transmission tuning.
If it was me, I'd kill the above, and add leather instead of the cosmetic items, and by killing PDLS+, charging cover, sport chrono, it'd provide money (~2k GBP) to get Air Suspension (1.5k) and auto dimming exterior/interior mirrors (294), and maybe surround view or LCA

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Here's a new build I generated for you cutting pretty much all the cosmetics that is pretty close in price. It also includes the addition of rear wheel steering. Since you live in London, I think maneuverability options and surround view are much more useful within a city. Also cut rear seat-based items like the headrest crest in the rear (no one will see them), rear seat heating (car comes with front standard), privacy glass (doesn't tint front windows) . Unless you have kids, but then you should be optioning rear side air bags first over rear seat heating

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3FZ537

OP
OP

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Here's a new build I generated for you cutting pretty much all the cosmetics that is pretty close in price. It also includes the addition of rear wheel steering. Since you live in London, I think maneuverability options and surround view are much more useful within a city. Also cut rear seat-based items like the headrest crest in the rear (no one will see them), rear seat heating (car comes with front standard), privacy glass (doesn't tint front windows) . Unless you have kids, but then you should be optioning rear side air bags first over rear seat heating

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3FZ537
Morning and many thanks for your great help

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good day all, I recently placed an order for a Taycan RWD in London, UK . My current car is a Porsche which I bought over 15 years ago so most of the options are new to me and as I do not know what options sells a car in the second hand market, I let the sales man guide me through the options and we came up with http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFG1UJ3 . The sales man said to go for standard leather rather than spend £2K + on the full leather which was surprising to me. My personal preference is to spend as little money as possible but I know it will be false economy to go for the standard interior if it looks cheap and very inferior to the full leather so any thoughts on how this choice might affect the desirability of the car in the resale market will be appreciated.

I am comfortable with the total cost but will like people's opinion on the options I have chosen. In particular, re the Sports Chrono package and PDLS Plus options, are they worth the extra money ?
You need to bear in mind that this is an entry level model and therefore care taken not to over spec with options which don't deliver much due to the absence of other options - particularly on the performance side.

The obvious one to highlight here is Sports Chrono.

STD interior versus extended leather - absolutely not inferior but the more leather the better if budget permits.

20" alloys (minimum).

Performance battery plus essential.

Air suspension highly desirable (and practical)

Bose highly desirable.

Power Steering Plus (PSP) a must but ideally rear axle steering (which includes PSP) - manoeuvring at low speed main day to day benefit.

Surround parking - essential.

Pano roof essential - most people would prefer a glass roof and adds a lot of light to the interior.

Black brushed aluminium door tread inserts - cosmetic but bright silver otherwise and visible from inside

Sports Chrono I'm not sure about but most people expect to have it because it's a Porsche however it is not essential and cosmetically doesn't appeal to all. If you don't have air, dual motors, PTV+ or indeed PDCC then the functionality is some what limited IMHO.

Wheels can be a deal breaker. Size and style are important. 20" minimum but consider the Turbo wheels over the Sport Aero - best of a bad bunch IMHO.

The spec you have come up with is pretty much on the money and entirely sensible for you and the 2nd hand market.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just sharing my comments from the other thread (glad to see you're getting good input)...
I'm not sure that there's enough contrast between Volcano grey and black to benefit from black door handles or volcano grey interior accent in a black interior. Also, have you seen an actual example of the glacier blue Porsche logo? It doesn't light up, needs a white car for best effect, though even then I thought it looks a bit aftermarket.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
-Without the sports chrono, you still have a button on the touch screen to go to 'sport' mode. So it is not like this is somewhere deep in the menus when you do not choose sports chrono package.
-Typical range with the RWD with small battery is about 330km if you drive sporty. But if you drive a bit more careful in the few times that the range really matters, you can go up to 360-380 km. That is about 3,5 to 4 hours driving. So not that bad. And acceptable in most cases in my opinion. You will need to stop after 4 hours anyway. Note that there is no toilet available in the Taycan, ;-)

OP
OP

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day all and apologies for the delayed response to your helpful comments, was busy looking for the £85K I still owe Porsche for this car !. To summarize the responses as I understand them, (1) I need to ditch most of the fancy cosmetic stuff + Sports Chrono (2) Add PASM / Suspension and Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus (3) Full Leather will be nice but it is not a disaster to have the standard leather.

Thanks

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi Seun, I think the "not a disaster" is a good way of putting it, and applies to many other cases of not taking a cost option upgrade with this car. I'd even say it applies to the RAS option...I see that, like myself, you're coming from a Cayenne- assuming that doesn't have RAS I don't think you'll find the Taycan without RAS any more challenging to manoeuvre. Power Steering would need ticking in that case.

You might want to consider adding some other interior cosmetic stuff (e.g. aluminium/darksilver/neodyme, or coloured seatbelts) to add some accents to the black. If you've not yet taken a look, I recommend visiting Porsche's Used Approved listing- I found it useful for seeing all the detailed photos of real cars- https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/search?model=taycan

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Seun, I think the "not a disaster" is a good way of putting it, and applies to many other cases of not taking a cost option upgrade with this car. I'd even say it applies to the RAS option...I see that, like myself, you're coming from a Cayenne- assuming that doesn't have RAS I don't think you'll find the Taycan without RAS any more challenging to manoeuvre. Power Steering would need ticking in that case.

You might want to consider adding some other interior cosmetic stuff (e.g. aluminium/darksilver/neodyme, or coloured seatbelts) to add some accents to the black. If you've not yet taken a look, I recommend visiting Porsche's Used Approved listing- I found it useful for seeing all the detailed photos of real cars- https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/search?model=taycan
To be clear, Power Steering is standard but what you actually mean is Power Steering Plus (PSP, speed sensitive steering) which is cheaper at spec time than as a Function on Demand option post delivery.

OP
OP

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day, I have just been told my order is now a MY23 order with the attendant price increases. As per previous discussions here, I changed my order, decided to go for full leather and with the £1150 jump in the model base price , my order is now £91K ( £74K model base + £17K) but I want to trim that down to £89K if I can so looking to remove about £2K worth of options. My thoughts are the Sports Chrono has to go. Kindly suggest what else I can remove

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPW7TMD6

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good day, I have just been told my order is now a MY23 order with the attendant price increases. As per previous discussions here, I changed my order, decided to go for full leather and with the £1150 jump in the model base price , my order is now £91K ( £74K model base + £17K) but I want to trim that down to £89K if I can so looking to remove about £2K worth of options. My thoughts are the Sports Chrono has to go. Kindly suggest what else I can remove

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPW7TMD6
Drop

Accent Package
Ambient
Colour Crest
4+1 unless there is a purpose
Logo lights (really??)
Chrono not expected on the base model and you won't miss out on much IMHO

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I suggest you keep the options that you'll notice the most, so dropping in the following order until you're ok with the cost:
Logo LED lights £203
Electric Charging Cover £443
Sport Chrono £795
Crest on front headrests £161
Coloured wheel centres £114
Ambient £299

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I would keep the ambient lighting - makes you smile every night.

I like my dark silver but agree that it could be trimmed. Otherwise agree with the above.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
4+1 unless there is a purpose
I’m sure I read at the time I ordered that you need this to be able to put the back seats down which is why I optioned it. I could be misremembering though
Sponsored