Need help understanding how to remove various trim panels.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I need advice on how to remove some trim panels on my Cross Turismo so I can route the rear cam wire. I believe I need to loosen the headliner (at least in the back), Maybe need to detach A and B pillars. Definitely will need to remove the tailgate trim panel. If you have experience or advice on how to remove any of these panels it would be greatly appreciated.

I already have installed the FitcamX front camera so I know how those trim pieces work. @DJBlack I noticed you commented about the tailgate trim panel in another thread and I'd appreciate any insights you can share here.
Sponsored

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Here’s a pic of the lower tailgate panel removed. If I recall I pried the sides loose first, followed by the clips near the center and finally the tabs around the striker plate.
Porsche Taycan Need help understanding how to remove various trim panels. 9FA24B46-CCC1-4D65-96BE-BA16990DCCC3

Porsche Taycan Need help understanding how to remove various trim panels. 89D13C83-5537-4CD1-8565-FC1952358C68

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s a pic of the lower tailgate panel removed. If I recall I pried the sides loose first, followed by the clips near the center and finally the tabs around the striker plate.
9FA24B46-CCC1-4D65-96BE-BA16990DCCC3.jpeg

89D13C83-5537-4CD1-8565-FC1952358C68.jpeg
Thank you. This is great!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I need advice on how to remove some trim panels on my Cross Turismo so I can route the rear cam wire. I believe I need to loosen the headliner (at least in the back), Maybe need to detach A and B pillars. Definitely will need to remove the tailgate trim panel. If you have experience or advice on how to remove any of these panels it would be greatly appreciated.

I already have installed the FitcamX front camera so I know how those trim pieces work. @DJBlack I noticed you commented about the tailgate trim panel in another thread and I'd appreciate any insights you can share here.
Are you looking to have the camera at the top or bottom of rear window? Be mindful of the wiper on operation and how that might impact the video captured.

Im hoping someone chimes in about the a pillar. I always end up breaking tabs on the a pillar out of frustration.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you looking to have the camera at the top or bottom of rear window? Be mindful of the wiper on operation and how that might impact the video captured.

Im hoping someone chimes in about the a pillar. I always end up breaking tabs on the a pillar out of frustration.
Top of the rear window. I think the lower tailgate trim needs to be removed before the upper trim can be removed but not sure yet.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Top of the rear window. I think the lower tailgate trim needs to be removed before the upper trim can be removed but not sure yet.
The upper doesnt need to be removed, you can pry it open enough to fish a long zip tie ( pick your non marring favorite fishing apparatus) from top to bottom of the upper trim.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
The upper doesnt need to be removed, you can pry it open enough to fish a long zip tie ( pick your non marring favorite fishing apparatus) from top to bottom of the upper trim.
Agreed I used your tip to get the cable through..just released the clips where the two pieces join

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This weekend I removed the A Pillar and door sill trim from my son’s Challenger to get some practice routing the rear dashcam cable. That all went fine in the Challenger.

Today I tried to get that damn Taycan A pillar removed and for the life of me I could not get it to release. I got the top clip to pop but even cranking on the trim piece really hard, it wouldn’t move any more. I might have to give up and buy a Garmin Mini for the rear ☹

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I installed my dashcam, I didn't remove any panels at all and routed by pushing under panels with the plastic tool and along the door rubber. It does show along the edge of the A pillar as that was just too tight (2) but it is hardly visible. I routed along the floor panels to the back (4). Just my 2c
Porsche Taycan Need help understanding how to remove various trim panels. cabling-

Ps. Don't install the camera as at (1) since gps won't work. See the end of this post for a working location.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
When I installed my dashcam, I didn't remove any panels at all and routed by pushing under panels with the plastic tool and along the door rubber. It does show along the edge of the A pillar as that was just too tight (2) but it is hardly visible. I routed along the floor panels to the back (4). Just my 2c
cabling-jpg.jpg

Ps. Don't install the camera as at (1) since gps won't work. See the end of this post for a working location.
I searched 99% of the Internet (I think I only missed a couple of servers on the Arctic pole) and couldn't find anyone successfully removing the A pillar from a Taycan.

Maybe the 911 approach? (starting with the coat hanger at the b pillar?) no idea.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
cabling-jpg.jpg

I don’t want to route the wire in front of airbags. They can propel the wire at incredible speed during an accident and I’d rather not add more risk to passengers in that situation.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I too would Like to know how to remove the A pillars too.
I tried and tried to remove it and it won't budge. The top comes off a little bit but I can't find out to release the rest of it.
Thanks

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I too would Like to know how to remove the A pillars too.
I tried and tried to remove it and it won't budge. The top comes off a little bit but I can't find out to release the rest of it.
Thanks
If you want to remove it completely, I can't help you but I managed to route the dashcam wire behind the airbag just by managing to unclip the upper part of the A pillar.

For me it was way harder to guide the wire down the A pillar AFTER passing behind the airbag. But it's possible.
Sponsored