UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Next week, Webber and myself have a planned trip from lovely Cheshire to Bristol. This is the first time I will be using the wilderness chargers and I’m trying to prep myself.
so far, I’ve had test trips and used instavolt and BP pulse ones without issue.
looking at some of the horror stories online about the state of the infrastructure in the UK, does anyone have inputs on where / what service provider I should be aiming at around 100 miles away from M6 junction 16 on route to Bristol..

thanks in advance.

Roy
Sponsored

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Next week, Webber and myself have a planned trip from lovely Cheshire to Bristol. This is the first time I will be using the wilderness chargers and I’m trying to prep myself.
so far, I’ve had test trips and used instavolt and BP pulse ones without issue.
looking at some of the horror stories online about the state of the infrastructure in the UK, does anyone have inputs on where / what service provider I should be aiming at around 100 miles away from M6 junction 16 on route to Bristol..

thanks in advance.

Roy
Good question Roy. When giving responses, I have a journey coming up from West London to Manchester. So the same question as Roy. Thanks

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
slightly off topic but yesterday was the first time i really needed a charge London-Canterbury-London (6 degrees C) when outside and i thought i would try Maidstone Ionity. Pulled up with 14% and left 20mins later with 81%. I used the Porsche charging card and its charged me £18. Was quick and seamless. so i would say find an Ionity

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Use ZapMap and plan your route that way if there aren’t suitable chargers listed within your Porsche PCM PIRM (range manager). The infrastructure in UK is not as bad as people would have you believe.

BP & Shell garages are worth checking too (not all have charging but where they do expect 50kW minimum.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
slightly off topic but yesterday was the first time i really needed a charge London-Canterbury-London (6 degrees C) when outside and i thought i would try Maidstone Ionity. Pulled up with 14% and left 20mins later with 81%. I used the Porsche charging card and its charged me £18. Was quick and seamless. so i would say find an Ionity
I wished there were options for me with ionity. They seem to be London centric at the moment.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Use WattsUp. Choose Ionity, Instavolt, Osprey, EON and any 100 kW + chargers as they are the most reliable. I have the apps for all of these set up on my phone with login and credit card details already entered so I am not faffing around doing this on the road. I always plan a long journey and decide where I am aiming to charge before I leave.

I realise preparation is not cool but I never have problems charging on a long journey and I have owned electric vehicles since 2015 when the UK network was nowhere near as good as it is now.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Use WattsUp. Choose Ionity, Instavolt, Osprey, EON and any 100 kW + chargers as they are the most reliable. I have the apps for all of these set up on my phone with login and credit card details already entered so I am not faffing around doing this on the road. I always plan a long journey and decide where I am aiming to charge before I leave.

I realise preparation is not cool but I never have problems charging on a long journey and I have owned electric vehicles since 2015 when the UK network was nowhere near as good as it is now.
Well I actually did this journey yesterday and have to say it was a breeze. I used Zap-Map and WattsUp to plan it. Entered that into the Porsche pcm and it worked a charm. Honestly, never gave it a second thought and enjoyed the drive.
Thanks all.
Ps I used an instavolt installation 4x chargers in merrywalks shopping centre in Stroud. By the time I’d had a coffee and panini, Webber was ready to go.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well I actually did this journey yesterday and have to say it was a breeze. I used Zap-Map and WattsUp to plan it. Entered that into the Porsche pcm and it worked a charm. Honestly, never gave it a second thought and enjoyed the drive.
Thanks all.
Ps I used an instavolt installation 4x chargers in merrywalks shopping centre in Stroud. By the time I’d had a coffee and panini, Webber was ready to go.
Yep I filled up at InstaVolt Banbury yesterday. Works a great.

Porsche Taycan Need knowledge on charging structure please 839E0480-AE6C-4B6B-A585-6111ED25A260
Sponsored