powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Thanks for all your insights- I upgraded to premium package in build to get surround view, etc..

Any more thoughts on the standard charger vs the mobile charger connect. I take it if you choose the mobile charge connect you don't get also the standard one also?
Personally, I don’t see the point in the base Taycan.
1) the air suspension doesn’t come standard, which really affects both the looks and functionality
2) if you opt for the CT then you get air suspension and AWD for a tiny premium and better performance.

If I were you I’d consider the CT base over the TAYCAN base just because you’re more or less getting AWD and air suspension for free (and then you have other available options like a tow hitch, roof rack, cooler wheels)

or just find a 4S with very few options. If you’re constrained to the city then the question becomes whether such a large vehicle makes any sense at all…

In summary, air suspension > 360 cam
working on driving skills > LCA, etc etc

The standard Taycan comes with LKA and a somewhat secretive “auto” regeneration mode that like my Etron seems to have some predictive aspects to it.

It is still a mystery to me how it works but both the Taycan and Etron seem to remember or know when to slow down under certain conditions when in their comparable “auto” modes but it isn’t reliable.

The main incentive with these packages is to get you to upgrade to the next trim level so adding too many “overpriced”options just increases your loss via depreciation.

Personally, if I were ordering custom, I’d forget most of the options and pick a good color (green has high resale, black has lowest) with custom seatbelt colors and complementary interior metal trim, and upgrade the wheels to the best you can afford because they cost a fortune after market.

I have almost a bone stock 4S with perf. battery plus and it lacks nothing (except maybe in looks if you’re really vain) even with the OTA currently malfunctioning. So you can’t really ask someone that leans towards performance driving (we do 60-100 mile mountain pass / canyon loops several times a week) whether the options are worth it. My wife likes the Etron and it’s comfortable and plush but frankly totally boring after you’ve been in the 4S or turbo with perf. package.

I’d take a few hard accelerations in a 4S or turbo and then decide.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Personally, I don’t see the point in the base Taycan.
1) the air suspension doesn’t come standard, which really affects both the looks and functionality
2) if you opt for the CT then you get air suspension and AWD for a tiny premium and better performance.

If I were you I’d consider the CT base over the TAYCAN base just because you’re more or less getting AWD and air suspension for free (and then you have other available options like a tow hitch, roof rack, cooler wheels)

or just find a 4S with very few options. If you’re constrained to the city then the question becomes whether such a large vehicle makes any sense at all…

In summary, air suspension > 360 cam
working on driving skills > LCA, etc etc

The standard Taycan comes with LKA and a somewhat secretive “auto” regeneration mode that like my Etron seems to have some predictive aspects to it.

It is still a mystery to me how it works but both the Taycan and Etron seem to remember or know when to slow down under certain conditions when in their comparable “auto” modes but it isn’t reliable.

The main incentive with these packages is to get you to upgrade to the next trim level so adding too many “overpriced”options just increases your loss via depreciation.

Personally, if I were ordering custom, I’d forget most of the options and pick a good color (green has high resale, black has lowest) with custom seatbelt colors and complementary interior metal trim, and upgrade the wheels to the best you can afford because they cost a fortune after market.

I have almost a bone stock 4S with perf. battery plus and it lacks nothing (except maybe in looks if you’re really vain) even with the OTA currently malfunctioning. So you can’t really ask someone that leans towards performance driving (we do 60-100 mile mountain pass / canyon loops several times a week) whether the options are worth it. My wife likes the Etron and it’s comfortable and plush but frankly totally boring after you’ve been in the 4S or turbo with perf. package.

I’d take a few hard accelerations in a 4S or turbo and then decide.
CT has both air suspension and Performance Battery Plus as standard.

There is no tow hitch available - there is a rear cycle carrier preparation (factory fit) to which you can add the rear cycle carrier later - makes for a very expensive cycle carrier (no other functionality).

The auto regen monitors (front sensors / camera) what's in front of the car and will slow down with the vehicle in front (most of the time so don't depend on it) and will 'coast' when there's nothing as if regen is off. Doesn't add a lot to around town driving.