Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
+1 for the folding side mirrors. In addition to the reasons already given, for me it's also a physical reminder as to whether I locked the car or not. Sometimes when you walk away and question yourself if you locked your car, just look at the mirrors. If folded, car is locked.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Thank you for the great advice and reply. Good to solidify your yes choices like the black trim, folding mirrors, and no on more than the basic LED lights etc.
Any chance I could ask about your viewpoint on the surround view more and mobile charger is better to upgrade? Greatly appreciate it.
Surround is clearly a better choice as you can get 3rd party chargers instead.

surround is realy nice option.

Porsche Taycan Need Options Advice - Questions on Options before Freeze Approaching Soon 51FBC164-2DF1-47D3-94F4-516756C7970D

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Surround is clearly a better choice as you can get 3rd party chargers instead.

surround is realy nice option.

51FBC164-2DF1-47D3-94F4-516756C7970D.jpeg
Thanks for sharing the pic- I guess it does look a lot easier to park from having the top view I guess. This is making me think to upgrade to the full premium package rather than layer on options.

OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
+1 for the folding side mirrors. In addition to the reasons already given, for me it's also a physical reminder as to whether I locked the car or not. Sometimes when you walk away and question yourself if you locked your car, just look at the mirrors. If folded, car is locked.
I never thought of that but it makes total sense. Great idea and insights.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Remember that you can't rely on this as the mirrors won't fold if you unlock, decide not to open a door, boot or trunk and walk away as the car will lock automatically within 45 secs. They only fold when using the key fob or door sensor.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If you just walk away, car won't lock automatically?
You have to lock it manually, pressing the key?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you just walk away, car won't lock automatically?
You have to lock it manually, pressing the key?
It will lock but the door mirrors (electric fold where fitted) won't retract in this specific circumstance - therefore you can't always rely on checking if the mirrors are folded to denote car is locked.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I see... that's not what I was expecting since much (much) less expensive cars can fold mirrors when car is locked...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I see... that's not what I was expecting since much (much) less expensive cars can fold mirrors when car is locked...
The mirrors do fold assuming the option is ticked in PCM (Comfort Settings) and that you use the key fob or the door sensor (if you have Comfort Settings) to lock / unlock.

They do not fold in if you unlock, get distracted and don't open any door / frunk / trunk within 45 secs when the car automatically locks again. In this scenario to force the mirrors to fold you must use the key fob or touch the door sensor.

Many things on Porsches are 'extra' (or rather not hidden in the price of the car) - safety features being a big one.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have Comfort Access (4F2), so I'll see how it works.

With my Koleos, mirrors do fold when I left the car (few meters away), and they unfold when I press the button on doors (or make a magic move below trunk....).

OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Thanks for all your insights- I upgraded to premium package in build to get surround view, etc..

Any more thoughts on the standard charger vs the mobile charger connect. I take it if you choose the mobile charge connect you don't get also the standard one also?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for all your insights- I upgraded to premium package in build to get surround view, etc..

Any more thoughts on the standard charger vs the mobile charger connect. I take it if you choose the mobile charge connect you don't get also the standard one also?
One or the other not both but you should be able to select the longer cable for free to compensate.

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
I have question about standard LED. They have the fuction of bend lighting - or it must be plus option?
In my 4S the lights turn as standard. I think the option package may include something additional to this but like quite a few Porsche “options” they’re selling you something you already have.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In my 4S the lights turn as standard. I think the option package may include something additional to this but like quite a few Porsche “options” they’re selling you something you already have.
These are 'cornering lights' - need PDLS+ or Matrix PDLS+ - standard LEDS (main beam) don't have PDLS+ (market specific potentially - check the standard spec sheet for your region on the configurator).

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag

You want to get the charger that makes the most sense for your situation. I have an Etron and a ‘20 Taycan so I have effectively both chargers. I never used the Porsche charger until we were at an RV spot and it didn’t work because it was detecting a ground fault.

The Etron somehow fried my existing 240 V charger so I resorted to using the standard charger it came with on 120 power and because we didn’t really drive that much it wasn’t a big deal charging so slowly.

The Etron did not come with a wall mount and I learned that these are quite expensive after market. So either opt for a non-Porsche charger or go with the one that makes the most sense for you. The mobile charger connect looks better and again is much more expensive after market so if you think you might regret not having it you only get one shot or you’ll end up paying a premium later.

Where my Taycan is now it’s convenient enough to charge for free at public locations that I don’t even need a home charger so the mobile connect just sits around in its fancy suitcase bag. The thing is very heavy BTW so it’s not a great “mobile” charger.
Sponsored