Need to lock in options, need help on options!

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You could order the RS spyder wheels and get them painted either at the dealer (I've had this done in the past at a Porsche dealer) or somewhere independent?? I was thinking about doing the same.
I know, thought about that, but something in me feels you don't spend £100k on a new car to go and get the wheels sprayed....just feels wrong
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d do the Surround View. It’s very helpful.

Beyond that, I think the leather interior is worth it in this car, and I also really like the features in the Performance Package. Also, I know I'm in the tiny minority on this, but I prefer the fixed metal roof over the glass roof.
Someone else may correct me on this, I could be missing something, but I don't think any of the packages are available in the UK, just individual options. Panoramic roof is an absolute must for me

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag
I know, thought about that, but something in me feels you don't spend £100k on a new car to go and get the wheels sprayed....just feels wrong
i know what you mean … but if Porsche did the work would that feel better? Not sure

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I would have made the same hard choice as you - best wheels (to my taste) would have been above full leather.
Mission Es and white PSCBs calipers are part of a signature look… and standard interior, while not featuring a particularly premium feel for that price point, is fine (not much hard plastic as the panels are wrapped in the same material as in the leather free cost option).

If you can, do try and squeeze in the leather as it opens up amazing colours (crayon, red…) but if it doesn’t fit in the budget it shouldn’t trump the wheels imho!

Also I didn’t put surround cams. I’ve never used them when I had them and tbh if you know how to park you won’t need them. Just use the tilted side mirror view!

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
I would color the wheels in high-gloss black, or at least body color. The mission-e wheels are not white - more of a silver. It will be different from your body color and to me this combo looks a tad odd.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And my 2cts on further alterations

- Flip to free white to fund mission Es in matching white
- I don’t do much night driving so would put electric charging port covers above auto dimming mirrors (black trim on them looks cool too)
- 14 way seats are the same as 8 way, just adding electric headrest / steering rack / legs support and TBH for £1,200 it’s very expensive. You can spec memory for £250 separately if needed.
- If you keep wheels in black/silver and save on the seat, that’s £2,000 which you can put towards single tone leather!

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And my 2cts on further alterations

- Flip to free white to fund mission Es in matching white
- I don’t do much night driving so would put electric charging port covers above auto dimming mirrors (black trim on them looks cool too)
- 14 way seats are the same as 8 way, just adding electric headrest / steering rack / legs support and TBH for £1,200 it’s very expensive. You can spec memory for £250 separately if needed.
- If you keep wheels in black/silver and save on the seat, that’s £2,000 which you can put towards single tone leather!
Like the thought behind that, and actually when you look at the extra 6-way adjustment then leather is actually a better option!

Not sure about free white though, not seen one and just not sure it will look as good.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like the thought behind that, and actually when you look at the extra 6-way adjustment then leather is actually a better option!

Not sure about free white though, not seen one and just not sure it will look as good.
Before involving my wife in the spec’ing process and having to fork out unbudgeted £ for Crayon paint, I was debating the whites. The standard one looks as amazing as the metallic… think Audi Ibis white vs Glacier if you’ve seen them. A flat, warmer finish looks very modern on the Taycan.

Excellent comparison available on this thread https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/white-colour-range-comparison.2300/

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Someone else may correct me on this, I could be missing something, but I don't think any of the packages are available in the UK, just individual options. Panoramic roof is an absolute must for me
No packs in UK - primarily a US thang!

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Before involving my wife in the spec’ing process and having to fork out unbudgeted £ for Crayon paint, I was debating the whites. The standard one looks as amazing as the metallic… think Audi Ibis white vs Glacier if you’ve seen them. A flat, warmer finish looks very modern on the Taycan.

Excellent comparison available on this thread https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/white-colour-range-comparison.2300/
I could be starting a whole new re-spec soon! This is the current look, after making a few changes, including the Mission E in body colour (glad I posted here, I hadn't even realised they were silver as standard as both the showroom ones were white, and configurator makes them look white) and full leather, whilst going to 8 way seats, although electric memory steering rack could be handy as the fiance will drive it sometimes also

Have added the Surround View, but have had to remove both PESS and Sports Chrono to even keep it close to £100k.

New code: PN7P4US3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7P4US3

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I could be starting a whole new re-spec soon! This is the current look, after making a few changes, including the Mission E in body colour (glad I posted here, I hadn't even realised they were silver as standard as both the showroom ones were white, and configurator makes them look white) and full leather, whilst going to 8 way seats, although electric memory steering rack could be handy as the fiance will drive it sometimes also

Have added the Surround View, but have had to remove both PESS and Sports Chrono to even keep it close to £100k.

New code: PN7P4US3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7P4US3
That looks great. How about another idea - depending on what you’re used to in terms of power, and if you need AWD or not, I suggest a RWD with a few more toys on it for £92k.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXX13G2

If sticking with the 4S I’d just add the crested front headrests for £160, the windscreen top tint to blend with the pan roof for £80 and the transformers charging covers to block debris flying on the doors + cool factor!

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That looks great. How about another idea - depending on what you’re used to in terms of power, and if you need AWD or not, I suggest a RWD with a few more toys on it for £92k.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXX13G2

If sticking with the 4S I’d just add the crested front headrests for £160, the windscreen top tint to blend with the pan roof for £80 and the transformers charging covers to block debris flying on the doors + cool factor!
Definitely got me thinking now, I have a valeter that comes round the office regularly so think am going to pass on the electric charging cover; plenty of time for my mind to change again over next 2 weeks
Sponsored