Neodyme og standard (black) interior accents..

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
I dread to think how many times I spoke to my dealer from placing my deposit to the point at which I hit the build freeze date. Staggeringly throughout that process not only did I visit every option and colour combo possible, I somehow managed to move from a 4S to a Turbo and then finally a Turbo S as each set of options forced me to the point where it made more sense just to change the model of the car! Thank god Porsche don't make a 'Turbo S Plus'!
Oh and to answer your original post, I went with Neodyme just to break up an all Black leather interior. Than again I did order Coffee Beige as my exterior colour so don't go off my decisions! :giggle:
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Agree. I went with the complete blacked out options, including the black brushed aluminum door sills. On the white car, I personally think this will look best. However, these are all very personal opinions and style.
Could you by chance take/share a pic of the black brushed aluminum door sills - I saw this option late and have incl it in my build despite not actually seeing an example anywhere :) There may be a post somewhere I have yet to find...?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Could you by chance take/share a pic of the black brushed aluminum door sills - I saw this option late and have incl it in my build despite not actually seeing an example anywhere :) There may be a post somewhere I have yet to find...?
Good news is those can be fitted after the fact.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have selected the limestone beige interior and went with the dark silver accents. The neodyne looks good but just a bit too much "pop". The original looks a bit plain so I thought the dark silver may provide a nice balance between the two. Still a few months until delivery so can't comment on what it looks like in the flesh

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Sorry!! I actually changed my options and decided to go with the carbon fibre standard ones before my build locked. I did this when I added the carbon fibre mirrors.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think a lot depends on the exterior and interior colours chosen. I think the Neodyme is really quite 'gold' and would be too much for me but I believe does offset the colour of the Burmester speaker covers if you have that system. I really wanted darksilver, but infact my car came with the standard black. I think this actually looks really good with the crayon/black interior. I have seen standard black with standard partial leather and full grey leather - looked too understated.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went with the Olea Club Black/Beige which comes with the Neodyme - can't even option it out. Haven't seen the combo in person but looks nice on the configurator and the sales manager said it does look very nice with that interior. I did go with the Burmester too and the speaker grills do stand out in the Neodyme. Will find out in a couple of weeks.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I went with the Olea Club Black/Beige which comes with the Neodyme - can't even option it out. Haven't seen the combo in person but looks nice on the configurator and the sales manager said it does look very nice with that interior. I did go with the Burmester too and the speaker grills do stand out in the Neodyme. Will find out in a couple of weeks.
You're going to love it.

Reactions: DGT

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Good news is those can be fitted after the fact.
I have wondered about replacing the plain black sills on my RWD. Found this recent review on the Suncoastparts website. Evidently not a DIY project. Guy named Paul fron Denver wrote:

"I bought a black Taycan 4s off the lot a month ago and have been doing little mods to remove the chrome aspects of the car. First, I replaced all the exterior badges with black ones. I then thought this illuminated door sill kit in black would be a very cool look - and they are. They look amazing. That being said, beware of installation costs since it is a 6 or 7 hour job for a certified Porsche technician. Also, the electronics are already wonky on the Taycan, and these require some fuse box updates. At the end of the day, I elected to have my Porsche dealership install the sills, but not plug in. It still cost $750 worth of labor since it took over 3 hours to remove parts of the car to be able to get these installed. If you buy these just be prepared for a lot more work and money, since I did not anticipate the amount of work required to get these installed. "

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non-illuminated sills will not be that extensive of an install.

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
I got the neodyme option with the sandstone partial leather and I think it's the cat’s meow.
Hi - did you post photos of this anywhere on the forum. I was thinking if I got beige the Neodyme would be too much - would love to see what yours looks like.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag