First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi RS7, Taycan GTS (On Order)
Country flag
Hello all,

New to the forum. I have had Porsches in the past but haven't had an EV. Currently drive a 2021 Audi RS7 but am ready for electric. I have driven my buddies Taycan Turbo so am familiar with how it drives and I am waiting for my Taycan GTS allocation which who knows how long that will take, however it is fine if it takes a while. Good news is I am at the top of the list for their next allocation and my buddy works there so it will all work it self out.

Sorry to babble, here is my question: Is there any color on any other manufactures out there that look remotely close to Neptune blue???

I have seen a Neptune blue Taycan pass me on the freeway at a high rate of speed:clap: and thought "Oh that looks cool" but haven't got to see one in person.

There is a 4runner in cavalry blue which I do not really like and am hopeful Neptune is brighter. Then there is Rivian blue, which I am thinking might be close to Neptune?

Any insight from someone with a Neptune Taycan would be great. I love blue cars as I have had A Sepang Blue RS7 and A Nogaro Blue RS5, but I like the bright blues. The Nogaro is my favorite color of all time.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
djpeak10

djpeak10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
If you like bright blues maybe frozen blue is for you. It may not be the best, but you can always take a paint sample from the dealer into the sunlight.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So I have have been through every page of that thread but still nothing to compare it to in real life. My hope is someone with a neptune blue Taycan can say yeah it looks like this or whatever and then I have a better chance of seeing something close on the street. Thank you though for this!
I feel you!

I was quite interested in Neptune Blue also, and looked online at all kinds of photos and youtube videos. Finally I managed to arrange to view a new Taycan 4S getting its pre-delivery work done at my local dealership. I viewed it in person under bright sunny conditions and my impression was that the color does not "pop" nearly as much as it would seem from photos and videos.

The following video (which looks like it was shot under cloudy skies) is the closest I've found to how it looked to me IRL (again under sunny conditions):

Since you'll most likely have a long wait, I suggest calling around the dealers in your area periodically and asking not just for demo cars in Neptune Blue but also customer cars being prepped for pickup.

Hope that helps!

PS: I ended up going with Dolomite Silver

Last edited:

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Colour questions are always difficult as everyone’s screen is calibrated slightly differently, and point of references differ.
You’re best off going into a dealership and looking at colour swatches, or better still, seeing if they have a car in Neptune Blue.

Awesome colour in person.:)

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Hello all,

New to the forum. I have had Porsches in the past but haven't had an EV. Currently drive a 2021 Audi RS7 but am ready for electric. I have driven my buddies Taycan Turbo so am familiar with how it drives and I am waiting for my Taycan GTS allocation which who knows how long that will take, however it is fine if it takes a while. Good news is I am at the top of the list for their next allocation and my buddy works there so it will all work it self out.

Sorry to babble, here is my question: Is there any color on any other manufactures out there that look remotely close to Neptune blue???

I have seen a Neptune blue Taycan pass me on the freeway at a high rate of speed:clap: and thought "Oh that looks cool" but haven't got to see one in person.

There is a 4runner in cavalry blue which I do not really like and am hopeful Neptune is brighter. Then there is Rivian blue, which I am thinking might be close to Neptune?

Any insight from someone with a Neptune Taycan would be great. I love blue cars as I have had A Sepang Blue RS7 and A Nogaro Blue RS5, but I like the bright blues. The Nogaro is my favorite color of all time.

Thanks in advance.

Love nogaro blue, would have got that if Porsche had it.
I have Neptune blue, I haven't seen a Rivian in blue yet so hard to say for that color/brand. I have seen cavalry blue on a RAV4, and I did think that was close to Neptune blue... It is a bright blue in the sun, but in overcast weather for sure is more darker and doesn't "pop". It may have to do with the fact that it is a non-metallic paint, but not sure.

I see you are in N. San Diego, I'm in North OC and in Irvine quite a bit, if you want to see it in person

Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue GTS help! nepunesun

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have Neptune blue, I haven't seen a Rivian in blue yet so hard to say for that color/brand. I have seen cavalry blue on a RAV4, and I did think that was close to Neptune blue... It is a bright blue in the sun, but in overcast weather for sure is more darker and doesn't "pop". It may have to do with the fact that it is a non-metallic paint, but not sure.

I see you are in N. San Diego, I'm in North OC and in Irvine quite a bit, if you want to see it in person

nepunesun.jpg

Nogaro Blue is a Porsche Paint to Sample color on the Taycan.......
Its just gonna cost you $11,400. LOL.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all,

Thanks in advance.
I had a Sprint Blue S4 once, which is a derivative of Nogaro. Have you considered Voodoo blue?
Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue GTS help! 69e6a022-f71a-44cb-aaf0-2f2566e32183-jpe

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To my eye, Neptune looks very similar to the classic Saab blue from back in the late 60s/70s, albeit just slightly darker. But still very similar, particularly the flatness of the tone.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I’m in OC too if you want to meet for coffee somewhere. Dana point maybe?

OP
OP
djpeak10

djpeak10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

nepunesun.jpg
See, I love how your car looks in this picture! Neptune must just change so much from Sunlight to overcast. I definitely may take you up on that. If I could just see one in person, that would ease my mind much more. Thanks for the feedback buddy. It's weird though, I see calvary blue all the time and feel that, that color doesn't change much in different lighting conditions.🤔

OP
OP
djpeak10

djpeak10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a Sprint Blue S4 once, which is a derivative of Nogaro. Have you considered Voodoo blue?
69e6a022-f71a-44cb-aaf0-2f2566e32183-jpeg.jpg
I love Voodoo but the added cost to paint to sample is crazy with Porsche as you know, and I have been told by multiple people that they are not taking paint to sample orders on Taycans right now. But I absolutely love how your car looks especially with your yellow CCB's!!!

OP
OP
djpeak10

djpeak10

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what I was thinking or (hoping) Neptune looks like in person.
Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue GTS help! Rivian Blue

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Neptune is a more subtle blue.. I'll suggest it has a grey blue or blue chalk feel. Frankly, it's gorgeous, but yes a bit subdued as blues go, IMO. I agonized over color choices, so I get it. I reasoned that while Genetian blue is beautiful, it was more dark than I wanted for this car. Neptune is fantastic, yet a little more subdued than I want. I actually ordrered Mamba at first, but realized that I was going to miss having a blue. My wife wanted Frozen blue - and since it was brighter, I went with that. None of the colors photo well in terms of looking like they do in real life.

If you want a blue, think about whether you want dark? Subtle yet striking? or bright? Maybe that will help you narrow it down?
Sponsored