Never noticed before. Launch control turns off AC?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I've never noticed it before, but lately, I noticed a few times, launch control turns off AC, and there was message indicating as such on dash, don't remember details of message, it flashed and I didn't pay attention.

Was this a recent change (software update?), or had it always do this and I just never noticed?

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I’ve had times when selecting sports plus turns off the AC. I didn’t see the message for the first few months I had the car but several times recently. It’s a bit of a problem for me since sports plus is my go to mode……

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I've had this a few times in the past but not recently, I suspect it's to do with internal battery conditioning.

If the weather is particularly hot outside and you're pushing the car quite enthusiastically in Sports Plus mode (e.g. using launch control), cabin air con is disabled to better treat the battery so Sports Plus can continue without a reduction in performance.

Just a guess!

OP
OP
ithinkmac

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
this does make sense, but I think I thought about this as well when it did happen, and I can't remember if outside temp was particularly hot those times. at least it wasn't enough that I would connect the 2.

-ThinkMac-

I've had this a few times in the past but not recently, I suspect it's to do with internal battery conditioning.

If the weather is particularly hot outside and you're pushing the car quite enthusiastically in Sports Plus mode (e.g. using launch control), cabin air con is disabled to better treat the battery so Sports Plus can continue without a reduction in performance.

Just a guess!

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Here’s a pic of the message you’re likely seeing. Pulled it off of an Out of Spec Reviews video. I have not seen it myself, even on the track running near peak temps, and wondered if it was something new or if I just didn’t notice.
Porsche Taycan Never noticed before.  Launch control turns off AC? D4AA471A-86EF-411D-B67E-DF088E13C5AB

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I’ve had this happen on track, when ambient temperatures are 90F+.
Sponsored