New 2022 Taycan 4S - a few minor issues

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer offers a second delivery where you bring the car back in and they go over more in depth functionality. Trying to arrange this in conjunction with service to fix a few minor issues and they tell me they are into March for an appointment as they only have one service tech who deals with Taycans. Not cool but fortunately the issues are not impacting driveability (yet). Couldn't easily find these specific issues here or via google, so wondering if anyone has experienced/fixed them:

1. Warning light - "Smart Lift not available, please drive slowly" - this happens randomly in areas where I often dont have it setup although I think it happened at one place where I did have it setup. The setting has not disappeared and the locations are still saved
  2. White warning light - "Power button error - Service necessary" - I click the right scroll wheel and it goes away but will come on every time I start the car
  3. Front cup holder ambient light goes off. If i play with the settings (color, brightness etc) - it comes on and then goes off again. Obviously a minor issue but annoying in terms of the internal looks and ambience of the car
Would appreciate any insight, thank you!
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My dealer offers a second delivery where you bring the car back in and they go over more in depth functionality. Trying to arrange this in conjunction with service to fix a few minor issues and they tell me they are into March for an appointment as they only have one service tech who deals with Taycans. Not cool but fortunately the issues are not impacting driveability (yet). Couldn't easily find these specific issues here or via google, so wondering if anyone has experienced/fixed them:

1. Warning light - "Smart Lift not available, please drive slowly" - this happens randomly in areas where I often dont have it setup although I think it happened at one place where I did have it setup. The setting has not disappeared and the locations are still saved
  2. White warning light - "Power button error - Service necessary" - I click the right scroll wheel and it goes away but will come on every time I start the car
  3. Front cup holder ambient light goes off. If i play with the settings (color, brightness etc) - it comes on and then goes off again. Obviously a minor issue but annoying in terms of the internal looks and ambience of the car
Must admit 2 and 3 seem fairly unique - others have had issues with Smartlift so likely addressed here in a search - none effecting me to date.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Must admit 2 and 3 seem fairly unique - others have had issues with Smartlift so likely addressed here in a search - none effecting me to date.
Ive seen people say smart lift disappears but not seen any where that warning comes up. I will have a deeper hunt for it.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
  2. Would appreciate any insight, thank you!
I set up/saved smart lifts for the 3 different approaches to my house. I got the "smart lift not available please drive slowly" message when I drove more than 20 mph across the point I had previously saved a Smart Lift. When I did the approach again at a slower speed, I did not get the message. I conclude that Taycan generates the message if it believes you are traveling too fast for smart lift to work in time. Have not had the message appear at places I had not saved a smart lift, but I have not driven the car much.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I set up/saved smart lifts for the 3 different approaches to my house. I got the "smart lift not available please drive slowly" message when I drove more than 20 mph across the point I had previously saved a Smart Lift. When I did the approach again at a slower speed, I did not get the message. I conclude that Taycan generates the message if it believes you are traveling too fast for smart lift to work in time. Have not had the message appear at places I had not saved a smart lift, but I have not driven the car much.
Interesting, thanks. Do you happen to know the "range" when Smart Lift engages and goes off? When I get home and to the gum parking lot, i literally need to slow down and then it turns on precisely before I enter the driveway/parking lot.

Now that I think about it, Smart Lift made this comment when I was driving relatively close to Trader Joe's at speed. That may be why the warning appeared. Not sure the first time but possibly when I was approaching the gym. This is something I can easily test.

One other note, when I went to the gym, the owner happened to mention that he thought he heard the car scrape as I entered the parking lot which was surprising as I didn't hear it.

This is the lowest car I've ever owned so wondering if anyone has any tips on avoiding scraping the car. I am engaging Smart Lift whenever I come to a new place that appears to have a curb or speed bumps and driving at a relatively slow pace

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I read somewhere that lifting takes seven seconds. If true, need to tap the lift button at least that far in advance of the location you want the car to be fully lifted (at the speed you will be traveling) to save as a Smart Lift. A comment on the forum indicated that after it smart lifts, the, car lowers itself once the it reaches 20 mph.

I went to a large empty parking lot and played with setting smart lifts to try to figure out how it worked.

Last edited:

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I read somewhere that lifting takes seven seconds. If true, need to tap the lift button at least that far in advance of the location you want the car to be fully lifted (at the speed you will be traveling) to save as a Smart Lift. A comment on the forum indicated that after it smart lifts, the, car lowers itself once the it reaches 20 mph.

I went to a large empty parking lot and played with setting smart lifts to try to figure out how it worked.
If you are moving at a slow speed and select lift, which location will be saved, the location where you pressed lift, or seven seconds later when the car is fully raised? The few times I have saved the location the car was stationary.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Somewhere in my mind I have the max SmartLift operating speed as 30kmh (18.6 mph). May be wrong.

And personal experience is that it appears to take just a couple of seconds to operate. But thats going from Normal to Lift. I wonder if the 7 seconds is going from Low to Lift?

Still not sure what makes it turn off after the event (speed /location etc)?
Would be keen to know.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you are moving at a slow speed and select lift, which location will be saved, the location where you pressed lift, or seven seconds later when the car is fully raised? The few times I have saved the location the car was stationary.
I believe the location saved by smart lift is the one at which lift was pressed. Implication is that the location when lift is pressed (& saved) needs to be far enough in advance so that by the time the car reaches the spot you need the car raised - smart lift has had sufficient time to get the car to full lift height.

Visie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 CT 4S
Country flag
3.Front cup holder ambient light goes off. If i play with the settings (color, brightness etc) - it comes on and then goes off again. Obviously a minor issue but annoying in terms of the internal looks and ambience of the car
We have this problem too. We got our Tarycan CT 4S (MY22) is delivered 2 weeks ago.
Can't find a solution, but is sometimes goes off for no reason. Playing with the settings, it comes on for a couple of seconds en goes off again.
More user with this problem?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Still not sure what makes it turn off after the event (speed /location etc)?
Would be keen to know.
I believe the answer is speed. If I engage SmartLift manually in a place that I do not have a saved location it will stay in the lift position so long as I am driving pretty slowly (like through the parking lot where I selected SmartLift to go over a speed bump even if it is a large parking lot and I am no longer relatively close to where I engaged the lift). Once I start driving at speed, however, the car lowers back down automatically. I have not looked to see if it is 20MPH, 30MPH, etc. when it does this but it is around there.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe the answer is speed. If I engage SmartLift manually in a place that I do not have a saved location it will stay in the lift position so long as I am driving pretty slowly (like through the parking lot where I selected SmartLift to go over a speed bump even if it is a large parking lot and I am no longer relatively close to where I engaged the lift). Once I start driving at speed, however, the car lowers back down automatically. I have not looked to see if it is 20MPH, 30MPH, etc. when it does this but it is around there.
i concur. I left the house today and got the warning. I was doing over 20 mph at the time. Will test a bit more but I think that’s the answer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interesting, thanks. Do you happen to know the "range" when Smart Lift engages and goes off? When I get home and to the gum parking lot, i literally need to slow down and then it turns on precisely before I enter the driveway/parking lot.

Now that I think about it, Smart Lift made this comment when I was driving relatively close to Trader Joe's at speed. That may be why the warning appeared. Not sure the first time but possibly when I was approaching the gym. This is something I can easily test.

One other note, when I went to the gym, the owner happened to mention that he thought he heard the car scrape as I entered the parking lot which was surprising as I didn't hear it.

This is the lowest car I've ever owned so wondering if anyone has any tips on avoiding scraping the car. I am engaging Smart Lift whenever I come to a new place that appears to have a curb or speed bumps and driving at a relatively slow pace
You need to wait for the GPS to catch up on or at the location set and so slow approach is needed.
Sponsored