tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It depends on the model. The higher up the range you go the slightly cheaper options like this are. None showing as high as yours in France though – and our prices include tax at 30% (VAT + registration)

For example, in Ireland:

Taycan RWD

Porsche Taycan NEW 2023 BURMESTER OPTION IS 6K Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.06.43

Turbo S

Porsche Taycan NEW 2023 BURMESTER OPTION IS 6K Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.06.57

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It was/is $5800 for RWD when I ordered my car in 2021.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
It was/is $5800 for RWD when I ordered my car in 2021.
Is it worth the cost? I have Bose, which is fine, but I’m looking at 2024 for a new Taycan.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Is it worth the cost? I have Bose, which is fine, but I’m looking at 2024 for a new Taycan.
Most def not the first to say it, but I just cannot really see the point in a high end sound system in a car - amateur musician that appreciates quality sound, but I'll always have that in the proper setting and for me, that will never be in a car even with noise dampening glass and as quiet as an EV is (relatively!).

@tigerbalm 's review of the Bose rings true for my experience too to date but I cannot comment on the Burmeister system itself, as never had it.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I got a demo of the Bose before selecting it for my order and it was more the more choices in the sound menu (the standard system only has tone and balance controls) than the sound quality which made me, reluctantly at the price, select it - the stereo image was better with the Bose surround.

Anyway I dropped it when it was due to cause an extra delay and yes, the standard system stereo image is typical car but the tonal quality and frequency response are acceptable to audiophile me and my professional musician wife so satisfactory.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I had Burmester in a Panamera Turbo years ago - it is INCREDIBLE. That said, the Bose in Taycan is VERY good and IMO not worth the Burmester upgrade at the current cost. If it was 1/2 the cost I would do it.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Never had or experienced BM.

I have Bose in 2020 Cayenne and it is not anything to brag about and both front door panels needed to be pulled to address rattle as soon as it was delivered. Mostly listening to XM and at times high def downloaded music on a mem stick that sounds good.

I experienced Bose in Taycan RWD and 4S over long drives to me Bose sounded 2x better than in Cayenne and impressed me.

However, optioned BM in my upcoming build, as I know I will regret not having it with more hi def online content potentially available to listen to. Picked up a side job to pay for it.

Mbgt72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My build sheet shows it as $5,810 as of 4/26/21 fyi.

I will say, this with the Burmester system is the best factory sound system I have ever owned. Would be tough to configure it that way given the price, but I'm very happy I have it currently.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My build sheet shows it as $5,810 as of 4/26/21 fyi.

I will say, this with the Burmester system is the best factory sound system I have ever owned. Would be tough to configure it that way given the price, but I'm very happy I have it currently.
+1 and my build sheet (US) is from January 12, 2023.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Had a Burmester system in a Mercedes. It was really good, but not the price you pay Porsche for it good. The Bose does a great job in the Taycan. It’s not brilliant, but it sounds great (with a couple of tweaks) and I’d rather spend the Burmester money on other options for the car and leave the really decent sound to my home systems.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
It's currently a $7000 upgrade on a US market RWD. For that price, it should include a professional "lady of the night" to change the volume for me.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Looking back, I think I got caught up in the “worth it” vs “better than” debate. The Burmester is definitely better than the Bose….even it’s not worth it and even if it’s not the best. In the end, better is better and I should have just gotten it. I can live with the Bose but nearly every time I am listening to music, I think of what could have been. A good lesson learned.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Was lucky and got Burmester before it was cancelled last year, and quite satisfied with it. Have B & W in my X5 - price a little less but also not as good. Had a Q7 with B&O before and that is the best OE car system Ive ever heard, but then it also cost 9.5K 6 years ago. Never heard Meridian systems in JLR but those guys know a thing or two about DSP, as does B&O. Is it HiFi? Absolutely not. Is it enjoyable for listening to (some types of) music? I think so. Is it worth it? To me yes. A 2K home system in a good room sounds far better, not to mention a 6K one...that could actually get you a pair of Stax X9000 (you need an amp though). But as a car system its not too bad. Its good enough to distinguish between spotify and Tidal at standstill, but on the road I see no point aiming for high res as the noise floor is far too high however quiet this car is. Biggest issues are the enclosures. The low end extends too far and they haven't done dampening properly. Rattles at low frequencies, something to address come summer. Never heard the base but the BOSE was horrible, sounded like someone put the rockwool in front of the drivers instead of behind and for me the Burm. Is better value. If no Burmester then Id take the base as I cannot imagine it being much worse than the Bose, probably better in some ways

When it comes to value and preference, yes its expensive but I have no interior Crests, no carbon fibre bits without any functionality than visual, skipped the offroad design pack (CT) as it seems like dirt collectors, no sport sound as it annoyed me, not the variable sunroof and no PCCB or ceramic breaks I will never need, or bike rack Ill never use. Things lots of people find must have's while screaming over the Burmester price. My car, my personal preferences only.

Its really no point discussing if its better than the BOSE cause it is. But if its worth it must be up to you to decide
Sponsored