xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
If anyone is listening to music on spotify then dont waste $$ on the burmester or you're just going to look silly

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have Bose but I would be sorely tempted to go Burmester if I were speccing a new car. I would never own the base system again. If my only options were base or Burmester, I’d pay for the latter or buy a different car.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
The Burmester IS really really good!
it reveals everything in recordings. Balanced recordings sound great. Badly mastered sound harsh.
you can hear streaming compression. The lower midrange is tight (slam) and beefy. not hollow and phasey as Bose. The lowest octaves are there, very convincing, but it’s not a 2x 18” subwoofer showcar. If you can appreciate the above and don’t want to have a midrange and low end that sound hollow like a wet newspaper in a tunnel, while getting your ears pierced on the high end, do yourself a favour and order Burmester. If you’re not that discerning, Bose will do.
the question is, is it worth the premium to you?

for me I wanted the best factory system. I didn’t want to do anything aftermarket anymore (had a gladen mosconi JL Audio high end system in my Merc E before) as it was way to invasive and adding to much weight to the car. I loved the sound though. At home it’s Mark Levinson and TAD in the studio it’s HEDD. The Burmester IS definitely a step-up from Bose, but is it worth the premium to you?

Last edited:

Richs99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I now feel quite lucky I managed to lock mine in at £4,200.00.

What a bonkers statement that is!

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
109 dB per watt so 5 watts more than enough, but even one won't fit in a Taycan :(
Wow, I would love to see how they make those.

The Burmester IS really really good!
it reveals everything in recordings. Balanced recordings sound great. Badly mastered sound harsh.
you can hear streaming compression. The lower midrange is tight (slam) and beefy. not hollow and phasey as Bose. The lowest octaves are there, very convincing, but it’s not a 2x 18” subwoofer showcar. If you can appreciate the above and don’t want to have a midrange and low end that sound hollow like a wet newspaper in a tunnel, while getting your ears pierced on the high end, do yourself a favour and order Burmester. If you’re not that discerning, Bose will do.
the question is, is it worth the premium to you?

I am a big believer that the room/environment is more important than the audio system as long as they have fairly decent specs, as shown in my studio below - which has even more acoustic treatment behind where the photo was taken than is shown (though the KSD monitors, and dual sub-woofers which you can't see and DSP used are very good). So yes, I would say fairly discerning but for in car I care a bit less, and knew that even buying the Burmester it wouldn't be as good as in that room.

And a car is not a great listening environment apart from the fact that you are sitting in hopefully a comfortable seat for periods of time.

Porsche Taycan NEW 2023 BURMESTER OPTION IS 6K final

If anyone is listening to music on spotify then dont waste $$ on the burmester or you're just going to look silly
As much as I dislike Spotify I can't say agree with this. You can get some ok sounds out of Spotify if the original recording is well done.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Wow, I would love to see how they make those.

I am a big believer that the room/environment is more important than the audio system as long as they have fairly decent specs, as shown in my studio below - which has even more acoustic treatment behind where the photo was taken than is shown (though the KSD monitors, and dual sub-woofers which you can't see and DSP used are very good). So yes, I would say fairly discerning but for in car I care a bit less, and knew that even buying the Burmester it wouldn't be as good as in that room.

And a car is not a great listening environment apart from the fact that you are sitting in hopefully a comfortable seat for periods of time.

final.jpeg

As much as I dislike Spotify I can't say agree with this. You can get some ok sounds out of Spotify if the original recording is well done.
100%
The equipment is fun but room, treatment, speaker position and listener position within it makes the most difference.
A car is wrong as a listening environment and there is only so much can be done to disguise it.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I now feel quite lucky I managed to lock mine in at £4,200.00.

What a bonkers statement that is!
Me too, you’ve made me feel so much better about my choices!

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Porsche 911, 1974 Citroen 2cv, 2018 Volvo S90
Country flag
+1 and my build sheet (US) is from January 12, 2023.
I ordered my GTS Taycan yesterday (1/25/23) and my Burmeister cost was exactly the same as yours - $5,810.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Here’s mine

C459AF29-8042-4F84-8717-050042F09B14.jpeg

120EFA69-D13E-4EB6-828A-5B9DE16437C7.jpeg
Wowzers- I'm guessing that's more than a hobby! My modest hobbyist studio is frozen in time and hung together around an ancient PC- the most eye-catching thing after the guitars is a mess of cables everywhere.