New 2023 PTS Colors?

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So I happened to browse the Porsche PTS viewer because I was showing a friend that Acid Green was actually a color that Porsche offers, and not just a wrap that I did myself, and I noticed that it's now showing 108 different colors vs the 65 that they initially had last year. Bahama Yellow, Nordic Gold Metallic, Peru Red, Cobalt Blue Metallic, and many more available now in the US Taycan configurator as well.

Did Porsche announce this at some point, or is this some sort of mistake potentially and they're not actually available in real life yet?
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The elongated list has been there for a few months now - and is on all country versions with PTS option - so I think it's correct. cheers

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Is that the £12k list not the £6k list?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Is that the £12k list not the £6k list?
£/€12k cost is broken into:

a] 6k for a "bring your own unique colour" feasibility test and
b] 6k to paint the car with your colour if its approved

If its on the PTS site – its 6k as they are all approved colours.

OP
OP
nickmdp

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I might be partial to Ipanema Blue Metallic right now. Feeling like I wanted a more saturated frozen blue is what led me to PTS in the first place
Porsche Taycan New 2023 PTS Colors? 1659374103820

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think we'd all agree that the Configurator doesn't always render paint in the most accurate way. Can anyone with a PTS colour take a look at the following PTS Explorer and suggest whether this does a better job of rendering colours more accurately?

I'm really not all that enthused by any of the standard colour options for my GTS ST. Very tempted to go PTS but it feels kinda risky not being able to see it ahead of time

https://www.ptsexplorer.com/

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I think we'd all agree that the Configurator doesn't always render paint in the most accurate way. Can anyone with a PTS colour take a look at the following PTS Explorer and suggest whether this does a better job of rendering colours more accurately?

I'm really not all that enthused by any of the standard colour options for my GTS ST. Very tempted to go PTS but it feels kinda risky not being able to see it ahead of time

Those renders are equally awful.

Your best bet is shortlist a few PTS colours you like, ask your dealer for swatches.

You can then see how the paint looks IRL, from different angles and in outdoor and indoor light.

If they don't have swatches, ask them to get them or to phone around dealers who have the swatches.

With the former, they have plenty of time 😂

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag

GT7 on the PlayStation 5 does a much better job of rendering and has a Taycan Turbo S you can play with, I may have a look later at how many Porsche colours it has, I only downloaded Carmine red and it looks pretty good.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those renders are equally awful.

Your best bet is shortlist a few PTS colours you like, ask your dealer for swatches.

You can then see how the paint looks IRL, from different angles and in outdoor and indoor light.

If they don't have swatches, ask them to get them or to phone around dealers who have the swatches.

With the former, they have plenty of time 😂

I wasn't sure dealers would have swatches for so many PTS colours. I will definitely be pursuing that route.
Certainly no rush. Not like anyone anywhere appears to be getting a GTS ST allocation any time soon :angry:

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GT7 on the PlayStation 5 does a much better job of rendering and has a Taycan Turbo S you can play with, I may have a look later at how many Porsche colours it has, I only downloaded Carmine red and it looks pretty good.

Well, that's it then. I do need that PS5 after all 😁

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Well, that's it then. I do need that PS5 after all 😁
GT7 has 72 Porsche colours, one notable missing shade is Chalk (I think, the names are German). Mamba looks particularly good.

I will have a chat with my sales rep to see if PTS affects the wait time, I quite like Olive Green.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GT7 has 72 Porsche colours, one notable missing shade is Chalk (I think, the names are German). Mamba looks particularly good.

I will have a chat with my sales rep to see if PTS affects the wait time, I quite like Olive Green.

I'm sure i've read on here somewhere that a few customers even managed to get early allocations due to how the PTS slots are handed out. Maybe another sneaky way Porsche extracts extra cash from us

OP
OP
nickmdp

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

I can say beyond a doubt that Acid Green on that site looks absolutely awful and washed out compared to real life even in terrible lighting.
Sponsored