New 4s only 800mi on car/Brakes (PSCB) squealing

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious if this is normal for break on on these calipers/pads or if the squealing on low speed braking (light braking in parking lots and to stop signs or traffic lights) with loud squealing/screeching is normal?

Before I reach out to the dealer to have them take a look at the rotors/pads, I'm curious if the standard PSCB are exceptionally noisy. I'm honestly not versed in the pads that are used from the factory, so I can't gauge whether this is typical noise or indicative of an issue. It's annoying, but if the pads are cerametallic it would make sense. Given I didn't opt for PCCB, I didn't imagine I would have 'track noise' on light braking.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
My service advisor said PSCB brake squeal was normal. Would have liked them on my 911 as the brake dust is horrendous.

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
Curious if this is normal for break on on these calipers/pads or if the squealing on low speed braking (light braking in parking lots and to stop signs or traffic lights) with loud squealing/screeching is normal?

Before I reach out to the dealer to have them take a look at the rotors/pads, I'm curious if the standard PSCB are exceptionally noisy. I'm honestly not versed in the pads that are used from the factory, so I can't gauge whether this is typical noise or indicative of an issue. It's annoying, but if the pads are cerametallic it would make sense. Given I didn't opt for PCCB, I didn't imagine I would have 'track noise' on light braking.

Thanks in advance!
I have standard brakes on our 10 day old CT 4S @ 900 miles and have experienced a screeching brake like noise on one occasion that has fortunately not been repeated.

suspect this might have been some debris from a puddle we drove through which cleared after a few hard presses on the brakes.

Do you use an allow wheel cleaner - we have a cayenne and 991 GTS which both have annoying low speed brake squeal.

I have put this down to a alloy wheel cleaner that I’ve used ( didn’t use this on our old Audi A7 = no brake squeal )

not using it on the CT and will see what happens but might be something like this perhaps ?

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven't used any specific cleaners yet on the rotors / brakes, so I can't attribute it to that. Normal light squeaks I can understand. This is obnoxiously loud screeching, so maybe there's some debris on the pad. It's new in the last 150 miles or so. It didn't occur through the initial couple weeks of the car. It sounds like the front two it's happening on, but not the rear. I'll try some hard braking later today if I get out and drive and see if that clears it up, otherwise I'll have service take a look

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
I have PSCB on my 4S and am 6,100 miles in. I’ve never had any noise from the brakes at all. To the extent it’s relevant, my car is garaged.

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have PSCB on my 4S and am 6,100 miles in. I’ve never had any noise from the brakes at all. To the extent it’s relevant, my car is garaged.
Same here. Car is always garaged, and doesn't get much wear and tear. That info helps alot. The squeal sounds like something is wrong with the pad or rotor, so this helps confirm it. Thank you

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have not had any squealing from my PSCB even after a week outdoors without being driven.

Last edited:

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
PSCBs are completely silent for me. Maybe heard some light noise from them in the first few hundred miles, but certainly nothing in a very long time. Haven't washed the wheels with anything special. The dust is so minimal that I typically just foam them with the rest of the car and then rinse.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Same here. Car is always garaged, and doesn't get much wear and tear. That info helps alot. The squeal sounds like something is wrong with the pad or rotor, so this helps confirm it. Thank you
You haven’t got a stone trapped somewhere have you?

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
That’s how I would describe the noise I had as an obnoxious screeching or squealing

hopefully some enthusiastic braking may help

so far I’ve had this and the attached below ( both after going through relatively minor puddles

doesnt especially bode well and makes a mockery of the Cross Turismo description and aspiration.
Still love it though ??

Attachments

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Folks, carbon ceramic brakes squeal. It’s a known issue. If you haven’t had it happen, that’s great but it’s not unusual for them to squeal. Other than cost, it’s the only other downside.

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine was squealing a bit after I bought it. A couple of hard braking events from high speed stopped mine from doing that. Hasn’t returned after a couple of months of use.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Folks, carbon ceramic brakes squeal. It’s a known issue. If you haven’t had it happen, that’s great but it’s not unusual for them to squeal. Other than cost, it’s the only other downside.
PSCB are not the same as PCCB.