New Batteries cells for '23 models ?

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
Hi - Just got this news and would like to have some feedback to confort it - apparently Porsche with the latest Sport Tourismo GTS, batteries are already enhanced (new generation)what can explain a better score re the range ... and they wanna to spread these on '23 models : RWD / 4S / TURBOs sedan, ST & CT

Any updates?
Thanks in advance for sharing
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Porsche reworked the drive engagement for better coasting. If there were new battery technology in the GTS, Porsche would have put it in their press release. They always like to talk about the engineering improvements. There's nothing there in the press release. Who told you this news?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not heard that - software optimized for sure but not new tech (2025 for that I'd guess). Use the range checker and compare GTS with other models and the claimed extra range simply isn't there - more WLTP nonsense.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The pre-GTS/sports turismo models simply haven't been re-assessed for WTLP - but they have received the same range-improving tech upgrades (mainly software) as the GTS/sports turismo models (in fact before GTS/ST were released).

So, in real world there is little difference between the same 'variants' of Taycan. It's just that the WLTP assessment of the existing models haven't been updated to reflect their recent upgrades (2022) and are hence pessimistic.

As has been said - compare CT turbo and ST turbo in the range estimator on Porsche's site - just a few miles difference probably reflecting different ride-heights.

cheers

OP
OP
jijitalia

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche reworked the drive engagement for better coasting. If there were new battery technology in the GTS, Porsche would have put it in their press release. They always like to talk about the engineering improvements. There's nothing there in the press release. Who told you this news?
I do give a bit of credit as far as it comes from special auto press in germany ... To me, makes sense they keep increasing quality of components as batt ... (they do subcontract btw) without too much communication - cze if this is right - they would have some problem to clear current stock , for example ...

OP
OP
jijitalia

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The pre-GTS/sports turismo models simply haven't been re-assessed for WTLP - but they have received the same range-improving tech upgrades (mainly software) as the GTS/sports turismo models (in fact before GTS/ST were released).

So, in real world there is little difference between the same 'variants' of Taycan. It's just that the WLTP assessment of the existing models haven't been updated to reflect their recent upgrades (2022) and are hence pessimistic.

As has been said - compare CT turbo and ST turbo in the range estimator on Porsche's site - just a few miles difference probably reflecting different ride-heights.

cheers
I just do not look at WLTP at all cze - it is big joke ... but quality may not only impact on the range , but on the recharge "quality" and optimisation recharge cycles / low charge / fast charge etc...

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I do give a bit of credit as far as it comes from special auto press in germany ... To me, makes sense they keep increasing quality of components as batt ... (they do subcontract btw) without too much communication - cze if this is right - they would have some problem to clear current stock , for example ...
There is no stock,

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
QuantumScape cells will be the next "upgrade"

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Hi - Just got this news and would like to have some feedback to confort it - apparently Porsche with the latest Sport Tourismo GTS, batteries are already enhanced (new generation)what can explain a better score re the range ... and they wanna to spread these on '23 models : RWD / 4S / TURBOs sedan, ST & CT

Any updates?
Thanks in advance for sharing
I think it's not new batteries, it's motor decoupling for all 22 models they were talking about: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsc...sche-taycan-updated-more-range-and-added-tech
Sponsored