Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I will take it. Better range :)
https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-taycan-enhanced-battery-better-range/

Porsche is reportedly planning to roll out an enhanced battery pack for Taycan Turbo, Turbo S, and 4S. The improved battery will optimize the electric car’s energy consumption and improve its range.

The details about the updated battery were confirmed by a representative at Bellevue Porsche, according to Porsche and Tesla owner TaycanDude who is also a member of the said forum. “It is unclear, per my rep, if the new pack is hardware or software, am awaiting more details from my rep in the coming days/weeks. Factory info share/drip feed to actual dealerships has been a bottleneck but my rep always come thru with accurate info,” TaycanDude wrote.

The Taycan reservation holder added that the Porsche representative has shared accurate information in the past, and he has known him for over a decade.

Sponsored

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
I hope this is real news We will see

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Fascinating. Given that my car has been delayed a month since my first delivery quote, this could explain some of that delay. What’s curious is that it’s characterized as a new unit, not something addressed with software. What about the Taycans that have already been delivered? If I were one of the owners that just took delivery, I’d be livid. Interested to see how this plays out and if it’s accurate news.

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
Fascinating. Given that my car has been delayed a month since my first delivery quote, this could explain some of that delay. What’s curious is that it’s characterized as a new unit, not something addressed with software. What about the Taycans that have already been delivered? If I were one of the owners that just took delivery, I’d be livid. Interested to see how this plays out and if it’s accurate news.
Mine has also been delayed. original 5/22 not 6/19 delivery (we shall see)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A software update makes sense. I new battery pack makes no sense at this late point. They already have done a gazillion hours of testing on the original pack and besides, already started delivering cars.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Will be a software update I am sure. May also allow additional 5% buffer charing which would add a few miles I guess!

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
This a message from my dealer. Porsche taycan turbo S .
Le Taycan étant un tout nouveau modèle. Les allocations sont encore très limitées et comme je vous l’ai mentionné, il y a une partie du parechoc avant (fibre de carbone) du Turbo S qui est en rupture de stock du fournisseur pour le moment. Ce qui cause aussi une incertitude au niveau de la reprise de production du modèle.

translation:
The Taycan is a whole new model. Allocations are still very limited and as I mentioned to you, there is a part of the front bumper (carbon fiber) of the Turbo S which is out of stock from the supplier for the moment. This also causes uncertainty in the resumption of production of the model.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
There is no way a car that has been out months will get a significant upgrade!
It would then need retesting and certifying by governing bodies etc!

there are prob less 1,000-1,500 physical Taycans on the road to date so an update this early is totally unrealistic

there may be some software updates or very minor hardware upgrades like Audi have just done

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
One very faint rumour in Germany has been "delay due to software update".

My guess is that as part of the update, a bit more range might be released from the current battery buffer... Porsche got a lot of bad press because of the EPA ratings, whether justified or not, it was certainly bad. So maybe their internal reasoning is that they stand little to lose from slightly higher battery degradation risks in a few years as compared to the positive impact of slightly better range, and possibly new EPA numbers, now.

But this is just me reading clouds and smoke.

Cheers,
Henrik

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is one of the many downsides of buying any new car I'm afraid...Especially a brand new model. There will always be a raft of updates throughout the life term of the model. I guess its just one of those things.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's all speculation, nothing is confirmed.
Facts:
-My production date goes from week 11 to week 15 (Turbo S), could well be due to the carbon fiber parts.
For the first time my build is locked! (since yesterday night, yeee!)
-Audi, which uses the same batteries (LG-Chem) has stopped production due to delivery problems of the battery cells/packs.
https://www.electrive.com/2020/02/21/audi-pauses-e-tron-production-in-brussels/
If this is also the case for Porsche, no-one knows...

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's all speculation, nothing is confirmed.
Facts:
-My production date goes from week 11 to week 15 (Turbo S), could well be due to the carbon fiber parts.
For the first time my build is locked! (since yesterday night, yeee!)
-Audi, which uses the same batteries (LG-Chem) has stopped production due to delivery problems of the battery cells/packs.
https://www.electrive.com/2020/02/21/audi-pauses-e-tron-production-in-brussels/
If this is also the case for Porsche, no-one knows...
This is what I find interesting about all this: According to the article, Audi says the production "pause" could be "a few days". Woop da doo! I would have thought that it was a significant delay, why even bother writing an article about a couple of day delay? Then people speculate that the batteries will go to Porsche, etc and so on.

Reactions: Dee