RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
aparently then I’ve been on sites for women’s clothing, luxury cruise for older people, Volvo and comfortable shit looking leather shoes.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
That is one of the many downsides of buying any new car I'm afraid...Especially a brand new model. There will always be a raft of updates throughout the life term of the model. I guess its just one of those things.
Exactly, and that's why I'm sitting back for at least a year to watch what happens with all the first-year Taycan owners. I understand those of you who are too impatient to wait, and I'm sure that your Taycans will give you a lot of enjoyment. But I will patiently wait and watch. :)

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Exactly, and that's why I'm sitting back for at least a year to watch what happens with all the first-year Taycan owners. I understand those of you who are too impatient to wait, and I'm sure that your Taycans will give you a lot of enjoyment. But I will patiently wait and watch. :)
I'm buying now for a few reasons.
  • I'm in the market for a new vehicle.
  • The reviews on the Taycan are great.
  • I've wanted one ever since the Mission E was shown off. I am sad they couldn't stick with the original suicide doors. :(
  • It's cool to be one of the first (we also have a first year Macan).
  • Because I'm lucky enough to be able to! ;)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This story is bullshit. It’s sourced from a single no name guy based on what he thinks his dealer might have used as an excuse for his production delay.

it’s possible there are some software tweaks, but those wouldn’t delay production. They’d be done at the dealer worst case.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I confirmed with the Taycan spokesman I know, there are no battery changes in the works for at least a year. Porsche is quite busy with the Taycan line and then expanding it to probably a 2 wheel drive. Then the Sport Tourismo and then the Macan. Busy busy. :cool:

I think at best they would do a software charge to alter amount of reservation on the battery by BMS (Battery Management System). That change can effect all cars. I am not concerned about my order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What is BMS?
Thx Dee, updated my post with definition of the acconym. I have been following EVs for about 3 years now, and get to used to the lingo.;)
BMS is Battery Management System that controls the charging and discharging and handles balancing the cells which will have different voltages over time and monitors temperatures etc. Basically the computer that is in charge of the battery.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Dee