First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all,

Just ordered my 2023 Taycan RWD, the freeze point is in ~48 hours. My build code is here: PPF79CU1

Am I missing anything that I ~have~ to get?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
1) Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
2) Passenger display if you will have a passenger > 50% of the time.

Reactions: B61

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Air suspension adds $2200 to your configuration bringing the total to $114020. A CT 4 with your options would come to $114000 and you would get AWD and more cargo space.

OP
OP

vanchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the response! I looked into Adaptive Air Suspension but it seems like it doesn't offer a ton of benefit unless you're driving on very rough roads. What's the rationale to add it?

As for passenger display, that is included with tech package I believe!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Air suspension adds $2200 to your configuration bringing the total to $114020. A CT 4 with your options would come to $114000 and you would get AWD and more cargo space.
+1 Vote for CT4.
i’d also add RAS/RWS…every time when i have to park on a small place, i’m glad to have it.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the response! I looked into Adaptive Air Suspension but it seems like it doesn't offer a ton of benefit unless you're driving on very rough roads. What's the rationale to add it?....
I can't speak to the ride quality difference since both Taycans I drove had air suspension. I find myself raising the car for a steep drive or speed bumps almost every time I take the car out. I scraped the front once when exiting a parking lot while in the lowered position and the CT is 20mm higher than the sedan. Fortunately I could not find any damage in the front, so I am not sure what actually scraped.

Reactions: B61

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Just picked up my rwd. I got the air suspension and I think I am really happy with it. In normal, the car is super smooth. It’s hard to compare because I haven’t driven both a lot. I did test drive steel springs and the ride was really good compared to my boxster daily driver. So I think you will be happy either way. It’s hard to tell how much of the smooth is the springs and how much is the dynamic shocks, which you get no matter what. I know I am not being much help.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Smoking kit. It is free. Model delete on the back of the car. It’s free too. If you are looking for things to cut. 150kw 400v charger requires Elon to put two charcging cable on his chargers to use in the US. I don’t have a lot of faith in that happening. So I ditched that. The power charge ports take two or three touches to work. I would say that is my most disappointed feature after only 2 days.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Nice build! Consider
Exterior: window trim in High Gloss Black ($400)
Exterior: Under Door Puddle Light Projectors ($330) for
those rainy nights (and cool factor)
Interior: Seat Belts in Limestone Beige ($660)

I guess you ruled out Rear Axle Steering and the Electric Sport Sound ...

All-wheel drive is good to have for wintry weather, so a Cross Turismo 4 would benefit you there more than an RWD. Not a problem here in the Phoenix AZ area.

Air suspension can lift your car for those pesky speed bumps.

If the power charge ports are difficult to swipe from the outside, you can always open them from the center console.

I kept the 150 kW/400V DC charger because it was cheap.

I hope this helps and good luck!

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Air suspension will lower in range mode to lower the drag. Also will do the same at speed for the same benefit. As others have said, also being able to raise it for curbs - especially as many charging stations have a concrete stop.

Both my Macan and Taycan have it (and it’ll be on the Cayenne GT as well); only car I haven’t had it on is the Cayman / so cannot really compare - but it makes for a very smooth ride on the Taycan.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi all,

Just ordered my 2023 Taycan RWD, the freeze point is in ~48 hours. My build code is here: PPF79CU1

Am I missing anything that I ~have~ to get?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Wow freeze point within 48 hours of ordering?

OP
OP

vanchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
No sorry! To clarify, ordered a few weeks ago, and the freeze date is supposed to be in 2 days.

However, my sales rep just told me it had passed over the weekend and I can't make any more changes, despite MyPorsche still saying the date is two days away. Anyone else have that happen to them? Pretty frustrating.

Appreciate all of the comments though, just thoughts for next time I guess!
Sponsored