cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Mine (MY21 4S from 09/20 production) is now scheduled for WNA5 and WMP5 (some A/C pressure sensor issue) in Germany for end of March.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Mine (MY21 4S from 09/20 production) is now scheduled for WNA5 and WMP5 (some A/C pressure sensor issue) in Germany for end of March.
Just had the WNA5 notice on My Porsche over here too.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Would it be too much to assume all of this would be done by the pdi team on a car about to be delivered?

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Would it be too much to assume all of this would be done by the pdi team on a car about to be delivered?
not at all. They are supposed to take care of any reprogramming campaign before delivery. Doesn't hurt to ask your dealer to make sure they get it done though :)

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I got a recall notice today for WNA5. Re-programming power electronics and engine electronics (DME).

However, it states it’s not an official recall, which would be done through an official Notice of Recall letter. I should call my Porsche Centre if my vehicle is affected.

HungryEyes77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got my MY'20 4S in for a bunch of PCM related issues and they applied WNA5 update along with WMP5 (Something about pressure regulator and recharge of refrigerant). Got the car back after a couple weeks and on the drive home noticed no heat coming from the hvac.

Seems like failing heaters is a common issue.

Anyone have more details on the WMP5 campaign?

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Got my MY'20 4S in for a bunch of PCM related issues and they applied WNA5 update along with WMP5 (Something about pressure regulator and recharge of refrigerant). Got the car back after a couple weeks and on the drive home noticed no heat coming from the hvac.

Seems like failing heaters is a common issue.

Anyone have more details on the WMP5 campaign?
WMP5 has to do with refrigerant circuit pressure sensors that might have an incorrect spec on them. TL;DR: the battery cooling and AC may not work as they should especially as time goes on.

Here's the bulletin I found: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10207260-0001.pdf

HungryEyes77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
WMP5 has to do with refrigerant circuit pressure sensors that might have an incorrect spec on them. TL;DR: the battery cooling and AC may not work as they should especially as time goes on.

Here's the bulletin I found: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10207260-0001.pdf
Thanks for that.
Would that explain slower DC charging? I noticed my car never exceeded 90kW even tho I have the 150kW onboard DC charger and connected to a station that could reach 350kW.

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for that.
Would that explain slower DC charging? I noticed my car never exceeded 90kW even tho I have the 150kW onboard DC charger and connected to a station that could reach 350kW.
It’s one possible reason among a sea of possibilities. There’s too many to elaborate here without sidetracking the discussion but it is discussed at length elsewhere on these forums.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
I'm really fed up ... my taycan continues to propose various defects and problems; for a few weeks, in addition to the vibrations of the passenger door, there is also a vibration coming from the rear, as if it were rubber screeching ... I thought it was the door or trunk seals, .. but also something related to the suspensions ... they can only be heard on the roughness of the ground ... but is it possible that a Taycan should sound like a washing machine? I have already received three calls from Porsche to replace or add various software, the other day the car went to fits and starts and they had to reset some control units, ... next week I have to bring it back because, in the meantime, Porsche has issued another recall for the power plant ... and luckily they did the tests before presenting the car ... really disappointed

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I'm sure it will be and not all cars are impacted.
Took delivery of my 4S+ yesterday and discovered the recall notice posted in my Porsche Connect app this morning so assume the patch hadn't been loaded before delivery.

Waiting for a call back from the service dept....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Took delivery of my 4S+ yesterday and discovered the recall notice posted in my Porsche Connect app this morning so assume the patch hadn't been loaded before delivery.

Waiting for a call back from the service dept....
Mine was posted last night so it could be you just missed it but disappointing that newly delivered cars are also being recalled.

It could be that it has been updated but the VIN not synced centrally where the apps sources it's data. Ask your dealer and then if it it does need it please challenge their competence as this alert was known a few days ago.

Shambles comes to mind.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Mine was posted last night so it could be you just missed it but disappointing that newly delivered cars are also being recalled.

It could be that it has been updated but the VIN not synced centrally where the apps sources it's data. Ask your dealer and then if it it does need it please challenge their competence as this alert was known a few days ago.

Shambles comes to mind.
Dealer confirmed update is needed. Booked for next week. Overnight stay!
Salesman (rightly) complained to me that 'it would be useful if the service team would tell us when these things come through...' Hardly rocket science to send an update email to the OPC 'Sales Team' and 'Admin Team' is it!

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Had mine updated today, as well as the interior sensor update.

Was about a total of 90 minutes all in.

I have not noticed anything different since update (just drove the 50 miles or so back from dealership).

I now have the interior sensor turned on and the app loaded - so will see if I get false alarms….
Sponsored