DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I hadn't heard about WMP5 and I was specifically taking it in for an AC issue along with WNA5.

I'm guessing I will have to go back for that too, as my car was built before the "good" sensors were.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Same here.
What is the pressure sensor recall for?
My Porsche service advisor referred to it in a text message as “the tpm system”, so I guess it is a tire pressure monitor. The actual updates/replacements/repairs are scheduled for next week Tuesday, so I will know more by then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
i didn’t know this, so thanks for sharing
Don't rely on it fully. My Porsche website should also be a reference point.

Anything major such as a safety recall should be advised to you. It is normal for various non-safety related campaigns to be outstanding with the expectation that your car will be worked on when next st the dealer which could be during routine servicing.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
check search for WMP5, there is a nice TI PDF explaining the details
Found the link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10207260-0001.pdf

It appears that the A/C pressure sensors are accessed via the frunk by removing the luggage compartment cover and cowl panel cover and not via the dash as I had feared.

No VIN list that I can find, only a mention that vehicles "As of 2020 up to 2022 are affected" which may mean most of us will have A/C pressure sensors replaced at some point.

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Got mine done today. Thought this was pretty funny:
“Customer states check engine warning lamp appears on dash”

firstl, I didn’t say that, but more importantly there is no engine! ?‍♂
Porsche Taycan New campaign (WNA5) Power Electronics and DME Software Update 8DB8E3CC-FD17-4322-B33B-247D6ECFE9DF

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Got mine done today. Thought this was pretty funny:
“Customer states check engine warning lamp appears on dash”

firstl, I didn’t say that, but more importantly there is no engine! ?‍♂
8DB8E3CC-FD17-4322-B33B-247D6ECFE9DF.jpeg
Actually the definition of an 'engine' would include an electric motor and in the case of the Taycan it could have two 'engines' so they aren't wrong per se!

BeauJTaylor

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got the car back, per the dealer: "Apparently on the Turbos the recall causes the car to lose coding. Just a matter of re-coding the whole car."

Not sure what exactly that means but the car is running perfectly. Is there any way for me to confirm that the update was done?

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I had problems using Plug & Charge, and called Porsche support. They told me WNA5 would fix my problem. Waiting for feedback about when my dealer can do the update. Anyone done the update yet ?
Whoever you spoke to at Support knows more than most. After WNA5 update, PnC finally works for me. Was trouble shooting it with Porsche as recently as a week before the update with no progress (never worked since delivery in Dec.). It has worked flawlessly at every EA station since.

No other difference as far as I can tell.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
Whoever you spoke to at Support knows more than most. After WNA5 update, PnC finally works for me. Was trouble shooting it with Porsche as recently as a week before the update with no progress (never worked since delivery in Dec.). It has worked flawlessly at every EA station since.

No other difference as far as I can tell.
My PnC had never worked. I had a reply from a Porsche rep saying EA was installing ” new software” by 4/30 to fix the PnC issue. By some miracle when I tried it yesterday it actually worked! My car has not had the WNA5 update yet. Scheduled for next week. Not at all clear what is actually supposed to do. Some reports suggest that range estimates are reduced by some recalculation but true range not affected.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I received this update today as well. Can't tell any differences but I didn't previously have issues with Plug & Charge.

I wasn't aware of it until I saw the paper work. Was really hoping it was a PCM update to bring my 2022 up to the latest software with Spotify but alas, it appears it is not.

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
WNA5 update - has been installed today
after 8.000 km since Dec 2021 / RWD.
On driving home 10 km I feel that the gearchange from 1 to 2 feels much more smoother, and recuperation Automatic I cannot notice by slowing down.
I have to check further......

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Got the car back, per the dealer: "Apparently on the Turbos the recall causes the car to lose coding. Just a matter of re-coding the whole car."

Not sure what exactly that means but the car is running perfectly. Is there any way for me to confirm that the update was done?
You think they accepted the car in service, wrote a ticket, tech flagged time, installed update, dealer submitted warranty RO, and didn't do anything? Did you get a copy of the paperwork?
Sponsored