Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Picked up my RWD from Nottingham Porsche today and drove it the 150 or so miles back home to Sunderland. I think I grinned the whole way back.

What an amazing car. Battery performed better than estimated. 230 miles fully charged (PB+) at the dealership with 118 miles left when I got home. Happy with that and it will get better.

Plenty of people have said already the RWD is plenty quick for the road. I agree. Off the mark its not blistering but rolling then accelerate its awesome for our roads.

Love the crayon colour. It's so nice in natural light. I opted for black interior which is lovely. The panoramic roof makes the cabin nice and bright.

Overall first impressions I'm super happy. The app is glitchy I find. Its logged me out at the moment. But apart from that it's ace.

A few pics.

20220727_110638.jpg

20220727_110658.jpg

20220727_110646.jpg

20220727_151428.jpg
I’m up to 281 miles on a full charge (extrapolated from a 96% charge) as of today at 5pm EST….RWD without PB+ just to give you some point of reference once the car “learns” your driving habits….I’m ecstatic with 281….we’ve had the car 15 weeks, it started at around 200 at delivery on a full charge…I’m going to get to 290-300 in a month or two…I feel it. BTW, we live in South Florida…AC is always on, and I typically run in “Normal”. Enjoy!

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I’m up to 281 miles on a full charge (extrapolated from a 96% charge) as of today at 5pm EST….RWD without PB+ just to give you some point of reference once the car “learns” your driving habits….I’m ecstatic with 281….we’ve had the car 15 weeks, it started at around 200 at delivery on a full charge…I’m going to get to 290-300 in a month or two…I feel it. BTW, we live in South Florida…AC is always on, and I typically run in “Normal”. Enjoy!
That's awesome mate. I was really happy with today's range performance. It will definitely get higher. I like in the NE of England so cold winters. It's really warm (for here) at the moment but I'll pre heat the batteries in the winter so that will help a bit.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
That's awesome mate. I was really happy with today's range performance. It will definitely get higher. I like in the NE of England so cold winters. It's really warm (for here) at the moment but I'll pre heat the batteries in the winter so that will help a bit.
Excellent…we don’t drive a ton, and we live in a condo, so no at home charging to date. I hit Electrify America (two locations within 5-10 miles from home) once every week or two. We haven‘t road tripped yet, I think we’ll hit the Florida Keys in three weeks or so, looking forward to the range on the turnpike (highway). Nice rims BTW….GMTA.

Porsche Taycan New car days are the best days. 1BD3459A-14FC-44B8-8DD3-9D6E76B7C084

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Haha I am indeed mate. Good detective work. Leafy Ashbrooke not far from the cricket club. Thanks. The 911 is a longer term project. Currently rebuilding the engine in my not so spare time. Great fun.

100% definitely be up for a blast out. I did wonder if you were from Sheilds when I saw your forum name 😂 . Give me a shout when you've got your car. You'll love it :like:
Got a few mates not too far from you so an easy spot. Tend to gather in the Rosedene before trudging the short(ish) distance to the hallowed turf.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got a few mates not too far from you so an easy spot. Tend to gather in the Rosedene before trudging the short(ish) distance to the hallowed turf.
Haha snap! We start in the Rosedene then the Ivy then walk over to the SoL. Definitely give me a shout mate. Do you live down south now? We lived in London for 12 years. Moved back in 2007 when my eldest started to speak with a South London accent :CWL:

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent…we don’t drive a ton, and we live in a condo, so no at home charging to date. I hit Electrify America (two locations within 5-10 miles from home) once every week or two. We haven‘t road tripped yet, I think we’ll hit the Florida Keys in three weeks or so, looking forward to the range on the turnpike (highway). Nice rims BTW….GMTA.

1BD3459A-14FC-44B8-8DD3-9D6E76B7C084.jpeg
Beautiful mate. I love that colour a lot. The keys sounds amazing road trip. We are off to Wales in a few weeks. A lot cooler that Florida and most likely a lot wetter too! But will be a fun shortish road trip to test the charging network here in rural UK.

SS64

First Name
Subodh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc E350d
Country flag
Picked up my RWD from Nottingham Porsche today and drove it the 150 or so miles back home to Sunderland. I think I grinned the whole way back.

What an amazing car. Battery performed better than estimated. 230 miles fully charged (PB+) at the dealership with 118 miles left when I got home. Happy with that and it will get better.

Plenty of people have said already the RWD is plenty quick for the road. I agree. Off the mark its not blistering but rolling then accelerate its awesome for our roads.

Love the crayon colour. It's so nice in natural light. I opted for black interior which is lovely. The panoramic roof makes the cabin nice and bright.

Overall first impressions I'm super happy. The app is glitchy I find. Its logged me out at the moment. But apart from that it's ace.

A few pics.

20220727_110638.jpg

20220727_110658.jpg

20220727_110646.jpg

20220727_151428.jpg
Wow. A beauty. Have fun. Can’t wait for my standard battery RWD.

SS64

First Name
Subodh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc E350d
Country flag

1BD3459A-14FC-44B8-8DD3-9D6E76B7C084.jpeg
Wow. Gorgeous looking car. Love the cherry metallic with alloy wheels. Nice combo

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Beautiful mate. I love that colour a lot. The keys sounds amazing road trip. We are off to Wales in a few weeks. A lot cooler that Florida and most likely a lot wetter too! But will be a fun shortish road trip to test the charging network here in rural UK.
Looking forward to a report on your success with rural charging in Wales.
I tend to avoid motorways a fair bit and choose cross country routes for a nice scenic drive but I am not sure that habit is very EV friendly.
Sat nav usually expects me to want the fastest route but since I retired I'd rather go the "nice" route - which isn't an option to select.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Haha snap! We start in the Rosedene then the Ivy then walk over to the SoL. Definitely give me a shout mate. Do you live down south now? We lived in London for 12 years. Moved back in 2007 when my eldest started to speak with a South London accent :CWL:
At least it was not Cockney accent! 😜

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I tend to avoid motorways a fair bit and choose cross country routes for a nice scenic drive but I am not sure that habit is very EV friendly.
So long as you have a hope of getting a charge – I think it is. I find the range amazing on "B-roads" due to the re-gen opportunities it brings vs the constant draw from the battery of motorways. Always a pleasant surprise.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Sat nav usually expects me to want the fastest route but since I retired I'd rather go the "nice" route - which isn't an option to select.
Ferrari's latest navigation system has a "fun" routing option alongside the usual "fast" and "short" ones. No idea how well it works though and what does "fun" actually mean in practice?

Still, it's a nod to your requirements from Ferrari.

Porsche Taycan New car days are the best days. Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 13.30.05

Last edited:

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag

A few pics.

20220727_110638.jpg

20220727_110658.jpg

20220727_110646.jpg

20220727_151428.jpg
Congrats on your new car mate. That’s amazing you got more actual miles than the guessometer. I don’t think I have ever done that yet on mine. We probably drive at higher speed over but it should be much colder there.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I've taken @tigerbalm leaf out of his book and I will be taking various charging leads with me. Hopefully that will do! The farmhouse we have rented has power but not fast charger. I'll find power somewhere! I hope :CWL:

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on your new car mate. That’s amazing you got more actual miles than the guessometer. I don’t think I have ever done that yet on mine. We probably drive at higher speed over but it should be much colder there.
Cheers mate. I was sitting between 70mph and 80mph. Lots of speed cameras on the roads. It was about 22°c. Mainly motorway miles home. I've just driven to Leeds in Yorkshire this morning from my home which is about 95 miles north of Leeds. Did it in Range mode and it performed brilliantly. I arrived with 70% charge remaining from a 100% charge. Pretty happy so far.
Sponsored