WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Cheers mate. I was sitting between 70mph and 80mph. Lots of speed cameras on the roads. It was about 22°c. Mainly motorway miles home. I've just driven to Leeds in Yorkshire this morning from my home which is about 95 miles north of Leeds. Did it in Range mode and it performed brilliantly. I arrived with 70% charge remaining from a 100% charge. Pretty happy so far.
That’s around 72F so I guess it’s not as cold as I thought. I used the range mode once on mine and was impressed on how efficient it was as well. Supposedly with the new software update, it’s supposed to be even more so. The Taycan is wonderful and I’m sure you’ll be even happier as time goes.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So long as you have a hope of getting a charge – I think it is. I find the range amazing on "B-roads" due to the re-gen opportunities it brings vs the constant draw from the battery of motorways. Always a pleasant surprise.
My daughter lives on Anglesey. My normal route is A34, M40, M42, M5, M6, M54 then A5 through Snowdonia. It is slow because of buses and caravans in summer but most of the year it is nice. Sat Nav doesn’t come up with that route very often and the M54 looks like it leaves the M6 before a fast charger but I was hoping I could do it without stopping but then I have the problem 20 hours charging at my daughter’s farm.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My daughter lives on Anglesey. My normal route is A34, M40, M42, M5, M6, M54 then A5 through Snowdonia. It is slow because of buses and caravans in summer but most of the year it is nice. Sat Nav doesn’t come up with that route very often and the M54 looks like it leaves the M6 before a fast charger but I was hoping I could do it without stopping but then I have the problem 20 hours charging at my daughter’s farm.
And for me that's where the 22kW charger comes in. Almost every small town in Ireland will have a public 22kW charging post tucked away somewhere – allowing a Taycan go from 5% to 80% in around 3.5 hours or 50% to 80% in a little over an hour.

So if you haven't looked already – maybe try and chase down a few AC charging stops en-route – that could align with food/rest breaks.

Some typical small town public AC charging posts.

Porsche Taycan New car days are the best days. IMG_0138

Porsche Taycan New car days are the best days. IMG_1819