meldog

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4, Cayman 718, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Hi, I have taken delivery of our new CT, but as it hasn’t been supplied with a manual I have a few questions.

I have comfort access, and I managed to get the hatch to open once by waving my foot under the number plate, but I can’t repeat it?

The near side mirror should move downwards towards the kerb when reversing my moves upwards?

when opening the hatch it beeps when it reaches the top, then drops a few millimetres down again?

any help would be much appreciate.
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Downloading the Porsche Good To Know App is a good place to start in understanding your purchase fully.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
The near side mirror should move downwards towards the kerb when reversing my moves upwards?
Same here. Single reading of the owner's manual mirror related finds didn't help.

I'm sure there's a method to set this angle somewhere/somehow.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Same here. Single reading of the owner's manual mirror related finds didn't help.

I'm sure there's a method to set this angle somewhere/somehow.
I think I remember someone saying that you put the car in reverse, set the mirrors, and it will remember that?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, I have taken delivery of our new CT, but as it hasn’t been supplied with a manual I have a few questions.

I have comfort access, and I managed to get the hatch to open once by waving my foot under the number plate, but I can’t repeat it?

when opening the hatch it beeps when it reaches the top, then drops a few millimetres down again?

any help would be much appreciate.
Cars are typically not shipped with a paper manual. I battled for 4 months to get one

In the end the Porsche Good To Know App for your model year is the same thing.

1. To set passenger mirror for kerb view put car in reverse (as mentioned) and adjust until the kerb is visible ,(dealer should have set this) then place in Park and the mirror should reposition ( you may need to adjust for driving. When set place car in Reverse and the mirror should tilt correctly.

2. Comfort Access - frunk and trunk - needs to be enabled in PCM (sounds like it is). Trunk / boot - ensure you have the key in your pocket - don't stand too close but use a forward leg motion in and out in the middle and step back. Boot should open. Repeat to close. For the frunk use your hand and wave from the badge downwards. Can be trial and error.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Cars are typically not shipped with a paper manual. I battled for 4 months to get one

In the end the Porsche Good To Know App for your model year is the same thing.

1. To set passenger mirror for kerb view put car in reverse (as mentioned) and adjust until the kerb is visible ,(dealer should have set this) then place in Park and the mirror should reposition ( you may need to adjust for driving. When set place car in Reverse and the mirror should tilt correctly.

2. Comfort Access - frunk and trunk - needs to be enabled in PCM (sounds like it is). Trunk / boot - ensure you have the key in your pocket - don't stand too close but use a forward leg motion in and out in the middle and step back. Boot should open. Repeat to close. For the frunk use your hand and wave from the badge downwards. Can be trial and error.
In the US I think paper manuals are required. I do know that I got one with the car. Then thought I lost it and bought another one from dealer (about 35 US $)..then, of course, found the original. I also downloaded a PDF of the manual via a link on this forum (lost it; sorry)

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
From what I remember, the "Good to Know App" is only a small fraction (a synopsis) of the complete manual.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I know there is a black (leather?) holder in the glove box that is pretty full of manuals. Stuck my registration, lemon law, and insurance in there (dealer stuck the second key metal part in there till my 2nd key comes in) and have not pulled it out. I go the the Good to Know and check the forums and google for things I cannot figure out.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
From what I remember, the "Good to Know App" is only a small fraction (a synopsis) of the complete manual.
I have both and posted the pdf link some time ago. They are pretty much identical and the app easier to use to find things

Reactions: B61

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have the same issue with the mirror. The procedure to set should me the same as in all other Porsche models: Turn the Option to adjust the mirror when in reverse in PCM on, put in reverse and select the passenger side mirror on the mirror adjustment (driver door). You should then see the mirror move. Now you can adjust to a desired position. You should then save the setting to your memory seat button 1-3. The setting should be then saved. When you put it in reverse the mirror should then automatically adjust to that position, but only if you have the passenger mirror selected on the mirror adjustment. I use that to turn it off temporarily when reversing by switching do driver side mirror. In my case, as some of you describe, the position is obviously not saved properly and the mirror always moves up slightly. I actually believe its (again) a bug.

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
I just took delivery of my CT in the UK and was hunting high and low in the car for a printed manual but couldn't find one.

If this is some eco drive then strangely they thought it fit to print hundreds of pages in two volumes and multiple languages for the Porsche mobile charger connect....

How did you manage to get them to give you a printed manual? :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just took delivery of my CT in the UK and was hunting high and low in the car for a printed manual but couldn't find one.

If this is some eco drive then strangely they thought it fit to print hundreds of pages in two volumes and multiple languages for the Porsche mobile charger connect....

How did you manage to get them to give you a printed manual? :)
Congratulations on your new car.

Manuals in the Taycan are a rare commodity - basically you don't get one (not that your dealer will tell you). I whinged for 4 months before getting one and in the end I didn't need it.

Download the Porsche Good To Know App and select your Taycan model year and you have effectively the same thing.

Lots of help on this forum for any question or tip - just ask.
Sponsored