• Total voters

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Hi All,

I just put a deposit down last week and put my order in for a CT4. Sold my 991.2 Carrera T about 3 months ago due to the need for a practical, 1-car solution. Looked high and low at other options, had a deposit on a new M3 but dealer was jerking me around with ADM, looked at CT5V Blackwing (impossible to find), looked at Tesla Model S (sat in one and it felt cheap and they are ubiquitous) - and I looked at my history and love for Porsche and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be happy with anything less. My wife drives a Panamera e-Hybrid and 95% of the time doesn't use any gas (plus 3 of our last 4 car purchases were plug-in hybrids, full EV feels like a next logical step especially with gas prices right now).

So... I decided on a CT4, primarily because I want to keep the budget under $125k. I'd love a GTS but that would be more than I really want to spend and my dealer has 5 people on the list right now. CT4 has no one waiting right now so I could conceivably get my car in 8 months (maybe?). And part of me couldn't justify the premium for the 4S when the hardware is identical to the 4 - I know of at least one company working on new software to provide a power bump.

So, here's my spec as it sits and I do have a few questions for owners: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPHSFFF8

- Compass vs. sport chrono clock (I am a watch guy so I love the analog, but the compass is a rare option and I like the functionality) anyone have experience with it?
- 18-way vs. 14-way? My 911 had the carbon bucket seats aka torture devices, and I want comfort and ease of egress but I still like sporty seats. Is it worth it and is comfort sacrificed with these? Is it just the seat-back that changes?
- Satin black vs. gloss black wheels - I have really not seen any satin finish wheels that I can think of and I worry about damaging the finish with cleaners but I think it looks best with the textured wheel arches vs. gloss and I don't like how gloss finish wheels tend to make the design disappear
- Interior color - I have black but wondering if slate grey would be better to lighten it up inside. Did anyone go through this dilemma?

Thanks!
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Sit in both and decide.

Why do people hide model designation? What are you hiding? Trying to pretend it is something it is not. There is nothing more annoying than seeing a Taycan and wondering what model it is only for it to be blank at the back. If removal is about aesthetics then have it gloss black to go with the wheels.

P.S. blacks seats blue car boring

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Ideal scenario. But dealer only has 14-way's on the lot.
I think it’s the only way to really know - appearances aside, different seats will suit different shape people, even with a range of adjustment. The (folding) carbon-backed seats in my GT3 (which had zero adjustment) were some of the best I’ve ever sat in, and I frequently did 300mile trips (4+ hours) without stopping. Indeed often it was lack of fuel that forced me to take a break, rather than being uncomfortable in the same position for a long period.

in theory, the greater adjustment of the 18-way suits should mean that you will find a better fit, but I suspect that you will also be able to get comfortable in the 14-way.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Sit in both and decide.

Why do people hide model designation? What are you hiding? Trying to pretend it is something it is not. There is nothing more annoying than seeing a Taycan and wondering what model it is only for it to be blank at the back. If removal is about aesthetics then have it gloss black to go with the wheels.

The nerve of those people not planning ahead for your desire to know what model you’re looking at. This world could use a lot more empathy.

OP
OP
Schn3ll

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right?

Who cares - I de-badge all of my cars. If that guy knew anything about design he would think differently (I am in product design and development). Products (like cars) are not designed with logo/trim badge placement in mind - it is an afterthought and tacked on by the marketing team. A badgeless car is the purest form.

I don't buy cars to impress others, I buy them for me. I don't care what people think. I guess that realization only comes from maturity.

Black seats are for limited damage with an infant on board - gray also an option.

Edit: He is from South London so that explains a lot

Last edited:

Eknut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a similar build, my experience with the 14 way vs. 18 way seats is that the 18 way provides extra side support and adjustment features, but our bodies are different and the 14 way is a bit softer on the seat back.

Satin black for me, feels neat and not cheap as the black glossy , reminds me of the model x turbine wheel matt finish.

Chrono vs kompass, can be annoying to have the kompass wheel constantely spinning as you drive?

Black vs grey interior, unable to choose my self but grey and blue can be a good match.

Badge delete is also very practical for washing and detailing ;)

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Sit in both and decide.

I'll chime in here, since I deleted mine.

2 reasons: 1) I like a "cleaner" look, although I do feel Porsche does a great job with their unique stylistic font and not making it too ostentatious. 2) I actually do not want anyone know what the trim is. There's quite a difference in price between a base Taycan and a 4s, so I'm fine with people thinking it's just a base!

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Go with the grey interior. The lighter color will make the interior feel a bit more roomy. Also, blue exterior and grey interior always looks great! Satin on the wheels I think. The Cross Turismo wheels already attract a lot of attention, and painting them gloss black would magnify that. Get your order in and good luck! You will love the car!

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Sit in both and decide.

I thought of something more annoying, your post.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Go with the grey interior. The lighter color will make the interior feel a bit more roomy. Also, blue exterior and grey interior always looks great! Satin on the wheels I think. The Cross Turismo wheels already attract a lot of attention, and painting them gloss black would magnify that. Get your order in and good luck! You will love the car!
Sorry, I should have added that if you go with the gray interior then remove the Neodyme accents as I don't think they will look as good with the gray as they do with the black interior.

Reactions: B61

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
This looks awesome - we have a very similar configuration. The one thing I immediately added (after seeing a CT4 with and without) is " Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black ". That would go well with your high gloss theme and will stand out IMHO. How about crests in the headrests? I went with the 14 way seats with massage function.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Spec looks good - seems to have most of the essentials. I'd add ACC personally, since it's a necessity for a daily driver use in stop and go traffic. But noticing you're living in SC, maybe less traffic so not as useful. Still might be helpful for resale - if I was in the market I'd rule out any non-ACC cars

14 vs 18 way, I had the same debate and tried both. Ended up going 14 way - at 6'2 I've got slightly wider shoulders and didn't like how the 18 ways pushed my shoulders forward. Yes it's supportive but didn't feel as comfortable as the 14 way for me if I'm just commuting. Otherwise I'm also slimmer, so didn't feel any huge difference in the rest of the bolstering.

Note I didn't get to actually test drive with both, just the 14 way which felt fine, so I couldn't tell you how much more lateral support the 18 ways would have in cornering. I found the 14 ways were sufficient for me, given I'll be using mine as a daily and have another car for more focused cornering

Reactions: B61

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Things to consider
  • Black interior is tedious especially against darker exterior colours. Contrast is nice. Grey is better. Chalk leather is stunning and could work even better if you want to really lighten the interior. I have seen it in person and even preferred it to the Olea leathers, which were all tedious and didn't feel any better.
  • As someone has mentioned, the Compass doesn't really add any practical utility and could be tantamount to some fluffy dice in being distracting while driving. If you need a compass to know where you are driving, you wouldn't be driving a Taycan CT, you would be in a proper offroader! I do like the Porsche Design clock if it's available for this model - and you are a watch guy, so drop the (CHEAP looking) interior accents for it. Otherwise standard chrono is fine, despite the cheap digital display, that you will hate as you are a watch guy.
  • Have you seen the interior accents in person? They are horrendous. Both the Dark Silver and Neodyme are painted satin PLASTIC. Were they metal they might look and feel better, but then I suppose a call had to made on a material that wouldn't get too hot or cold. Save yourself the $650 and put it into something else that really IS cosmetic. The standard black accents work perfectly against lighter colour interior materials, and they are matte vs satin. They look more fitting of a $100,000+ car.
  • Try out 14 and 18 way seats at your dealer to know which will be more comfortable for your frame. We are all sized differently.
  • Off-road package does look good and keeps your exterior colours more uniform.
  • Roof rails are obligatory for the CT. Add them.
  • Get the 2+1 seats just in case. Only the other day someone was asking how to solve the 2 seat problem with four guests staying with them. Either a tray that might only ever be used once or a middle seat. I know which out of those I would choose.
  • If it gets cold in your winter, get the heated steering wheel.
  • Matching leather mats and boot cover with lip are inexpensive and will complete your interior look, while providing practical use.

Everything else is cosmetic so easily omitted when working to a budget.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Schn3ll

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This looks awesome - we have a very similar configuration. The one thing I immediately added (after seeing a CT4 with and without) is " Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black ". That would go well with your high gloss theme and will stand out IMHO. How about crests in the headrests? I went with the 14 way seats with massage function.
Good call on the mirrors and crests. I'm torn on the massage as well. This is the ultimate Porsche conundrum, spec creep because of the numerous options. I played around and got to $95k in options before I knew it. :whew:
Sponsored