First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I voted for 14 way.

I got a 18 way but tried 14 way seats only during the driving test. 18 way has more settings which I'm sure you won't miss if you get 14way.

If I get 14 way, I'll be tempted to get massage seats too. To save money, I went with 18 way.

If you like to have massage, go for 14. If not, go for 18. That's my suggestion.
Sponsored

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I hear you on that, but I have hardly any traffic ever to compete with - one of the main things I do not miss about living in San Diego. I honestly don't think I would ever use it and hard for me to justify worrying about resale now...

I am 6' and 185 and athletic with pretty wide shoulders too. I'll keep hounding my dealer to sit in some as soon as he gets one in.
I'd still consider adding ACC as it will allow you to pay for Active Lane Keep (Feature on Demand) just for the month that you may take it on a road trip. You can't do ALK if you do not have ACC hardware.

I chose 14-way + massaging for mine.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks a nice car and I really like those CT wheels! I have only seen one Taycan in Gentian Blue 'in the flesh' and it looked really good.
1. I have 18 way which I really like but I have also sat/driven cars with 14 way and been comfortable.
2. I would strongly recommend chalk interior - it is a mixture of black and chalk and would look really good with the blue exterior. I have seen two cars with he grey - one looked OK (full leather, Turbo S, white exterior), the other not so good (partial leather - reminded me a little of a Toyota - black exterior, 4S).
3. I would not have the accents - I agree with other posts - standard black looks better but obviously personal choice.
4. Satin looks great on your wheels, but window frame and exterior highlights gloss, so match catch your eye? I have gloss on my wheels and I think looks good.
5. If you are going to de-badge (fine by me), I would suggest black rear Porsche sign - I think that would look really good with the blue.
6. I would favour clock over compass - if you select chalk interior, try and order matching white dial.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I went 14-way because my wife wanted massage feature but I subsequently drove a car wth 18-way and found it less comfortable too narrow - mind you with 18-way adjustment it could just have been not adjusted to my frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Just picked up my CT4 last Thursday and I went with the 14 way seats because I wanted the massage function. I was stuck in traffic on the way home due to road construction and the massage seats helped with relaxing my back and shoulders. They turned on and off flawlessly using voice command.

I also went with the black leather interior. I also ordered the dark silver accents and they were a lot darker than I thought they would be. I'm personally not the biggest fan of earth tones and the white interior of my Model 3 turned me off due to all the reflections on the screen, wing mirrors and windows. I realize this is personal and the reflections were probably due to the seat angle and time of morning I was driving.

I went with the compass and didn't find the movement distracting while driving. I like it so far.

I ordered mine without the rear Taycan 4 badge as it has to be removed anyway when the PPF is installed. I usually de-badge all my cars anyway if it doesn't leave holes. With the Tesla, I removed the front and rear T badges first thing. If I bought a used car at Carmax, the first thing I would do is remove that Carmax decal...

HZ2004

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT 2021
Country flag
I also sold my 991.2 to get the Taycan 4S CT. (Ordered in March ‘21 delivered in December) It is great. Once you get the feel of it is much fun as the 911. Have also had Cayman (really fun) as well as Panamera, Cayenne. Etc. Taycan is really cool for handling/fun and EV torque. After an insane amount of deliberation about whether to get mamba green, I decided that I did not want everyone in town to know that car.. so I ordered the volcano gray, so that it is unrecognizable from a Toyota or Audi or everything else. I prefer anonymity. BUT I did order the frost berry interior, which I consider fantastic. Go for 14 way, save the money. I also have the compass which is cool and occasionally useful, though not more useful that the GPS map, which I think they have done a really great job with, despite the fact that sometime the search function is in German. You made the right decision.. Taycan is really very special regardless of 4, 4S, Base, etc. The 4S is so fast that I cannot imagine what it would be like to with the Turbo/S variants.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
... If I bought a used car at Carmax, the first thing I would do is remove that Carmax decal...
I just removed the "x" on mine ...
Sponsored