Easy way to amplify volume of Taycan Electric Sport Sound to be louder!

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Bought a TV for an employee’s birthday present this afternoon. Surprise for me as well, because if you drop your rear seats and turn on Sports Sound it is way more noticeable. I presume the hum Is emitted at low frequencies via the music speakers and is normally muffled by the separation between the trunk and the passenger area.
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
In talking to my advisor, the sports sounds comes from completely separate speakers to the cars "music" speakers...

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like a way to do so without having to drop the back seats. Doesn't seem like anyone's figured out increase loudness (or tone / bass to match the Taycan GTS) of the built-in Electric Sport Sound yet.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
can anyone speak to how to disable that noise?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Can’t you simply turn it off?
The interior sport sound is off by default, but I believe the exterior sound is on all the time for pedestrian safety, so no way to turn it off unless you do a hack job on the exterior speaker.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The interior sport sound is off by default, but I believe the exterior sound is on all the time for pedestrian safety, so no way to turn it off unless you do a hack job on the exterior speaker.
No, the sport sound is not on full time. A much lower hum is emitted to meet legal requirements.

Also, I don’t believe any of the sport sound comes from the interior stereo speakers. I thought it came entirely from the external speaker under the rear of the car.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
There are exterior speakers for (additional) electric sports sound. It’s louder than safety sound for pedestrians.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
not in sport plus mode
Yes, you can turn it off in sports mode.
Simply press on diamond button after you select sports/sport plus mode.
Tested/checked an hour ago.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
There is a speaker under the center of the rear of the car (looks like a black square box) that is used for the Sport Sound. You can select the car icon on the PCM and in each of the drive modes, select if you want the electric sport sound on or off.

By law, up to 19 mph, the car emits a sound to warn pedestrians and this is different than the electric sport sound that you hear outside the car (and inside).

Maxhaust has a way to modify it if you want to customize it.
Sponsored