First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Range Rover Autobiography, Land Rover Defender, VW Caravelle
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Personally, I can't imagine any substantial increase, yet I heard some various rumors. We'll see soon :)

About 22kW charger - I heard that it will be a standard equipment in MY2021.

PS. About MY2021 and HUD - it's also worth to mention something, which someone noticed in another thread in this forum - that when you choose the HUD option, the dashboard looks different (a bit worse).
I turned down a September build slot yesterday to wait for the 22kw charging and the colours. I hope I made the right decision!
Sponsored

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I turned down a September build slot yesterday to wait for the 22kw charging and the colours. I hope I made the right decision!
As I understand, the September production is the MY2021, so it should already be with 22kW charger as we all assume ;)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The extra colours don’t do it for me, the 22KW charger could be handy. But I don’t see it as essential in the uk. Therefore, I’ll pick up mine in the next few weeks!! Yassss!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Wem,

would you please compare your Taycan with the DB11 you have? That would be kind.

Very curious,
Henrik

Fortunately my Taycan will never be in Minneapolis airport.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Hello Wem,

would you please compare your Taycan with the DB11 you have? That would be kind.

Very curious,
Henrik
Comparing my Porsche Taycan 4S and my Aston Martin DB11 is similar to asking someone to compare their children. I bought my Taycan as my daily driver to replace my Maserati Quattroporte. The Aston is my fair weather, weekend car. The Taycan is a great example of superb German engineering and new school technology. Both the Aston and the Taycan elicit a sense of emotion when you sit behind the wheel and when others see you on the road. The Taycan is a very easy car to drive. When you stomp on the accelerator everything does what it is supposed to do. No tire squeal or screaming exhaust, just a sense of wow – how does this car do that?

The Aston has a 600HP, twin turbo V12. It is the third Aston Martin I have owned (I think I have owned about 10 Porsches). I bought the Aston because I wanted to own a V12 before they disappeared like the dinosaurs. The appeal of the Aston is different from the Taycan. The Aston is very British. Although the DB11 is a modern car, you can sense that it is a hand built, bespoke car. The engine has a plaque signed by the CEO after he personally inspected my car. It is the only production car with a soft close engine hood. The center armrest is motorized. There are aerodynamic vents by the C pillar that run through ducts in the trunk and exit to create an air spoiler along the edge of the trunk instead of a large physical trunk spoiler to create down force. The smell of the leather is intoxicating.

The Taycan feels like you are wearing a Hugo Boss suit. The DB11 feels like you are wearing a suit from Saville Row. Both can make you feel and look confident and well dressed, but there is something different between the two. The DB11 can be easy to drive if you leave the settings in GT mode. I drive it in Sport+ mode. In theory, the DB11 is faster than my Taycan. However, it is very difficult to put all the DB11’s torque on the ground without losing traction even at Interstate speeds. The DB11 growls and burbles. I enjoy driving the DB11 because it is a total sensory experience. The noise of the engine and the smell of the leather, the stitching in the leather (even in the headliner), the carbon fiber woven with copper, the glass buttons on the switch gear, the specialized tires that are Bridgestone 007, create an experience. I drove the Aston these past two days. I have been neglecting it since the new child (Taycan) arrived. At the end of every drive both the Taycan and the DB11 bring smiles to my face. I am fortunate to own both and look forward to what the future will bring as both brands enter the post ICE age.

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan DB11 3

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan DB11 2

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan DB11 4

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan Taycan005

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan Taycan003

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan Taycan001

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It would be great to be able to suck down 40miles of charge at a stop over at a store with an AC charging spot that supported 22kw but for home use it’s going to be even more rare. Our voltage caps at 240v which means you’d need a 110amp circuit at home to charge at 22kw. Many residential panels cap at 200amps and even on my house with 400amp panels, running a 110amp circuit wouldn’t be possible with how my loads are distributed. Let alone the work involved in running wire that thick to the garage.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
My sales rep confirmed that my order is now locked in as a MY21 with HUD and active (remote?) parking assistant. He still was not able to order 22 kW as an option. But that just might mean it will be standard equipment or not be available at all.
He is expecting more details within the next few days...

Reactions: TIM

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
My sales rep confirmed that my order is now locked in as a MY21 with HUD and active (remote?) parking assistant. He still was not able to order 22 kW as an option. But that just might mean it will be standard equipment or not be available at all.
He is expecting more details within the next few days...
Nice !
My sales rep confirmed me also MY2021 with cherry mettalic and HUD. He told me that if I choose the active parking assistant I'll be obliged to have the comfort access and I'll cannot have the lane change assist. Can you tell me if your configuration confirm this?
I think the active parking assistant will include the lane change assist as per the following youtube video see @ 0:17, does anybody have any clue about this?

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
With Porsche struggling to have the car talk to the connect app and their servers I really would be very skeptical in allowing a mobile phone to park my car :CWL:
haha, thats a very good point. Just imagine the customer services calls.... lol. They cant even get nav to show charging stations correctly, never mind park the bloody thing!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It would be great to be able to suck down 40miles of charge at a stop over at a store with an AC charging spot that supported 22kw but for home use it’s going to be even more rare. Our voltage caps at 240v which means you’d need a 110amp circuit at home to charge at 22kw. Many residential panels cap at 200amps and even on my house with 400amp panels, running a 110amp circuit wouldn’t be possible with how my loads are distributed. Let alone the work involved in running wire that thick to the garage.
I would expect if they do offer a larger capacity in the USA, single phase world then it would be 19.2kW and thus 80Amps i.e. require a 100Amp circuit. Feasible but I will be fine with 9.6kW charging.
The 22kW charger is for 3 phase which is generally only available at industrial areas in the USA.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Comparing my Porsche Taycan 4S and my Aston Martin DB11 is similar to asking someone to compare their children.
It’s pretty clear that you love both of your children!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
At the end of every drive both the Taycan and the DB11 bring smiles to my face.
Thanks a lot for the long and careful explanation, it really helped!

In my case, the "new kid" Taycan is currently winning. I recently made a tour with the "old kid" (V8) and thought the old car was out of order, so weird was the feeling.

Cheers,
Henrik

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Comparing my Porsche Taycan 4S and my Aston Martin DB11 is similar to asking someone to compare their children. I bought my Taycan as my daily driver to replace my Maserati Quattroporte. The Aston is my fair weather, weekend car. The Taycan is a great example of superb German engineering and new school technology. Both the Aston and the Taycan elicit a sense of emotion when you sit behind the wheel and when others see you on the road. The Taycan is a very easy car to drive. When you stomp on the accelerator everything does what it is supposed to do. No tire squeal or screaming exhaust, just a sense of wow – how does this car do that?

The Aston has a 600HP, twin turbo V12. It is the third Aston Martin I have owned (I think I have owned about 10 Porsches). I bought the Aston because I wanted to own a V12 before they disappeared like the dinosaurs. The appeal of the Aston is different from the Taycan. The Aston is very British. Although the DB11 is a modern car, you can sense that it is a hand built, bespoke car. The engine has a plaque signed by the CEO after he personally inspected my car. It is the only production car with a soft close engine hood. The center armrest is motorized. There are aerodynamic vents by the C pillar that run through ducts in the trunk and exit to create an air spoiler along the edge of the trunk instead of a large physical trunk spoiler to create down force. The smell of the leather is intoxicating.

The Taycan feels like you are wearing a Hugo Boss suit. The DB11 feels like you are wearing a suit from Saville Row. Both can make you feel and look confident and well dressed, but there is something different between the two. The DB11 can be easy to drive if you leave the settings in GT mode. I drive it in Sport+ mode. In theory, the DB11 is faster than my Taycan. However, it is very difficult to put all the DB11’s torque on the ground without losing traction even at Interstate speeds. The DB11 growls and burbles. I enjoy driving the DB11 because it is a total sensory experience. The noise of the engine and the smell of the leather, the stitching in the leather (even in the headliner), the carbon fiber woven with copper, the glass buttons on the switch gear, the specialized tires that are Bridgestone 007, create an experience. I drove the Aston these past two days. I have been neglecting it since the new child (Taycan) arrived. At the end of every drive both the Taycan and the DB11 bring smiles to my face. I am fortunate to own both and look forward to what the future will bring as both brands enter the post ICE age.

DB11 3.jpg

DB11 2.jpg

DB11 4.jpg

Taycan005.jpg

Taycan003.jpg

Taycan001.jpg
...."The Taycan feels like you are wearing a Hugo Boss suit. The DB11 feels like you are wearing a suit from Saville Row "........ Nice comparison quote mate ;o)

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Nice !
My sales rep confirmed me also MY2021 with cherry mettalic and HUD. He told me that if I choose the active parking assistant I'll be obliged to have the comfort access and I'll cannot have the lane change assist. Can you tell me if your configuration confirm this?
I think the active parking assistant will include the lane change assist as per the following youtube video see @ 0:17, does anybody have any clue about this?
, I can confirm that if you select the active parking assistant in the MY21 configurator it will deselect the lane change assist! However, the detailed description of the active parking assistant does NOT cover the functionality of the lane change assist!
My interpretation is that they don‘t have one single set of sensors (e.g. ultrasonic for parking vs long-range radar for lane change) that can cover both functionalities/scenarios. A bit sad to be honest. I would have liked to have both. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and it will still have the lane change assist?!
Sponsored