bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
nothing really interesting for
me in the Model Jahr 21.

however would have been nice to have the larger rear brake disc, but with regen probably just for looks anyway.

originally would have liked HUD but it does look hideous. Might look for an option to plug in the OBD reader instead

i am pleased with my Spec.

Thank you for posting
Sponsored

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Today a saw a list with new features about Taycan MJ 2021.

> remote parking, automatisiertes Parken (also with app)
> 22kw loader (i think this is for EU Version important only? I am not sure) für Wechselstrom
> Luftfederung mit PASM (remember where it shall lift up or down, with navigation)
> new colors (you already know! From Hongkong Store)
> DAB Radio ist jetzt Serie
> 150kw wird Serie
> new colors for seats
> neue Fussmatten (Race-Tex, ....)
> Head-up Display
> update for PSCB Break (6 Kolben Alu-Monobloc Bremssättel, 410mm Scheiben hinten)
> more new colors for seatbelt
> ...

>> Carplay Wireless won‘t come this year?! >> Porsche say end of 2021, but i think it will come earlier. Hope with OTA, what do you think?
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for sharing this, can you tell us were did you have seen this list (is it official from Porsche?) as my dealer told me last week that he has absolutly no news about model 2021.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for sharing this, can you tell us were did you have seen this list (is it official from Porsche?) as my dealer told me last week that he has absolutly no news about model 2021.
Yes, it is an official paper of Porsche Import. There is also a Code for this Option. Only the 22Kw charger has no Code yet, but i comes too. I was really waiting for this Park Remote, because i like to circle the car in Spot without getting nervous. :) Of course i could do it also on my own, but it is a good service which works in my Audi A4 very well all the time.
Park Remote should be also great, because sometimes i would need to get something in on the rear doors. So i can let drive the car a little bit out and later back again, without getting in the car again just to get things out of the car. At my place there is not so many space on the backside of the car.

The only thing i hope is, that Carplay Wireless will come over OTA and won't need a new PC-Chip inside. My dealer talked about end of 2021, but i think it will come this year. Also heard that many things of the software was made by Cupertino Apple. So that is also why Apple Music is fix inside.

I am a little confused what is the OTA for, because bigger Updates have to be made for about 2-3 hours at Porsche. Hope they are for free then.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
@andreas.tirol thanks for the news. I'm waiting for the MY2021 as well. Do You maybe know how will the price change comparing to MY2020?
I am not sure about that. I can't imagine, that they will get up the price so much for these new stuff and some stuff which was optional before. I think you will get it for the nearly same price. But only these "little" things like DAB+ or 150kw. Of course if i take the park remote it will be for about 1500-2000€ more, i think. That i am for sure. In some stores there is a Technology package. With LED Matrix and all that stuff. That would make a better price. After about 1 year they could make the car a bit "cheaper" with a hidden package.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am not sure about that. I can't imagine, that they will get up the price so much for these new stuff and some stuff which was optional before. I think you will get it for the nearly same price. But only these "little" things like DAB+ or 150kw. Of course if i take the park remote it will be for about 1500-2000€ more, i think. That i am for sure. In some stores there is a Technology package. With LED Matrix and all that stuff. That would make a better price. After about 1 year they could make the car a bit "cheaper" with a hidden package.
Thanks for the reply. Personally, I can't imagine any substantial increase, yet I heard some various rumors. We'll see soon :)

About 22kW charger - I heard that it will be a standard equipment in MY2021.

PS. About MY2021 and HUD - it's also worth to mention something, which someone noticed in another thread in this forum - that when you choose the HUD option, the dashboard looks different (a bit worse).

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
A bit worst... understatement of the year. It looks terrible. Really bad for such an original smooth, futuristic looking original dash.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
pic w/hud anyone?

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the photos @andreas.tirol. The only question from my side is: will there be a 22kW charger as serie from MY2021? I've heard so, but it's not in the list...

Last edited:

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Thanks for the photos @andreas.tirol. The only question from my side is: will there be a 22kW charger as serie from MY2021? I've heard so, but it's not in the list...
I was wondering about this also. Maybe it is not in the list because the AC charger was standard equipment for MY20 and will stay standard equipment for MY21, only with the higher charging power. And that is maybe too minor a detail for a gas-guzzling car manufacturer.
Well, still all speculation until we have something official in b/w.
But the list above is still very worth its while for the other changes.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was wondering about this also. Maybe it is not in the list because the AC charger was standard equipment for MY20 and will stay standard equipment for MY21, only with the higher charging power. And that is maybe too minor a detail for a gas-guzzling car manufacturer.
Well, still all speculation until we have something official in b/w.
But the list above is still very worth its while for the other changes.
That's exactly what I thought. We'll see soon.

By the way, about the this additional function for parkng - we'll this be a package of the 360 camera package or will this be a sepparate option? This is probably written in that photo from @andreas.tirol, but I'm afraid I don't understand (nor some automatic translator)

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
I think it will be an extra option, because it also includes remote parking told me my dealer, who called Porsche directly after getting this list. The 22kw charger comes for sure. I can order all of that in August, September.
I wanted to wait for Taycan Cross, but i have enough space and i like the sporty version more.
Sponsored