rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@andreas.tirol thanks for the info. Now it's clear. I'm also waiting for configurator to show as I have on of Sep slots booked already.

About the remote parking - have You maybe seen some good video with review of that function? It's something new to me and I'm not sure if I need it...
Sponsored

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
It's not for when I do the parking, but rather to get the car out of a tight space when an idiot parks like this. Happen only a handful of times to me, but the Summon (Tesla's autopark) was priceless. Both at Minneapolis airport..... Without it you turn to acrobatics to get into the car without putting a ding on the door. Glad Porsche is bringing this.

1592880351178.png
This is hilarious and hits close to home. It’s amazing how surface lots in Minnesota have plenty of space but the MSP ramp parking was designed exclusively for Smart cars. Nice to see someone else on here enjoying the MSP experience.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
@andreas.tirol thanks for the info. Now it's clear. I'm also waiting for configurator to show as I have on of Sep slots booked already.

About the remote parking - have You maybe seen some good video with review of that function? It's something new to me and I'm not sure if I need it...
Well it can be maybe useful if you want to park your car next to a wall which is more save, because then you only have one neighbor on your right or left. And maybe you can not get out of the car comfortably on the wall-side. So get your app and let it park out. It is also enough just for some meters.

Or you are not able to open your front-, backdoors or your Frunk. Than you can move your car a bit out of the place without get back on your seat again.

Or you only want to show other people how cool is that and that not only Tesla can do this.

Ok it is really not a have-must feature. But if it is coming with normal automatic parking, then it is a nice to have.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Well it can be maybe useful if you want to park your car next to a wall which is more save, because then you only have one neighbor on your right or left. And maybe you can not get out of the car comfortably on the wall-side. So get your app and let it park out. It is also enough just for some meters.

Or you are not able to open your front-, backdoors or your Frunk. Than you can move your car a bit out of the place without get back on your seat again.

Or you only want to show other people how cool is that and that not only Tesla can do this.

Ok it is really not a have-must feature. But if it is coming with normal automatic parking, then it is a nice to have.
Ive been told if you have surround view, then remote park will be a OTA in 20/21

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
That sounds great!! But then there will be no up-price? Can‘t imagine? Or is it a OTA for MJ21 only because it says the text and need a better pc unit? We will see soon, but it is sure that it will come.
OTA Updates always will be free or with store later? For now OTA is here not like at Tesla. Maybe there come more later?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Lots of rumours about OTA updates. I think it will come. Most auto manufacturers see the financial gain of subscription financial models. Things like paying a one off monthly subscription for Innodrive and the likes.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Hello everyone,
my sales rep (in Germany) called me today to let me know that his vehicle booker can order the MY21 now which means my (so far) MY20 gets converted into a MY21 within the Porsche production system. Production will stay within September as it was before.
I was supposed to give him all my desired changes based on the preliminary info of MY21 and he would forward it to Porsche AG. I should get confirmation within 24 hours.
Two caveats:
They did not have any info either on the 22kW Charger but I was still to list it with my desired changes.
And they did not have any prices yet. So, judging from the prices of the HK configurator I have some indication but no official info yet.
Porsche AG is still making a big secret out of everything as there is no release yet for an official press release on the MY change.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So, judging from the prices of the HK configurator I have some indication but no official info yet.
Do You maybe know what was the price of MY2020 in HK to compare?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Anyone know when the factory cut-over from MY2020 to MY2021 will happen? (My TurboS is currently in production...)

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Anyone know when the factory cut-over from MY2020 to MY2021 will happen? (My TurboS is currently in production...)
It will be after the summer holiday shutdown in August as far as I know. So, yours must definitely be a MY20.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Self-Parking Scenarios:

If you live in a condo that has a tiny, narrow one car garage, it might be nice to let the car safely navigate itself in and out.

Traveling in Europe I ran into several parking lots that were clearly built for small cars. At least twice there was only one tiny space left. I had to unload all my passengers, then squeeze the (rental) car into the space, then exit through the window.
Sponsored