Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
It's good that new tire options are becoming available aftermarket.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
F1 summer tires nattered my range to the area of EPA range when moving from the all season tires that came from the factory.

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Only the "EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3" is equipped from factory, not the 5
It seems that way indeed, still the same in the configurator. However online you can find several retailers that stock a Asymmetric 5 NFO?
I wonder how that works....

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It seems that way indeed, still the same in the configurator. However online you can find several retailers that stock a Asymmetric 5 NFO?
I wonder how that works....
The 3 is released for the taycan, the 5 for the e tron GT, you can see this on the configurator tire labels

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
F1 summer tires nattered my range to the area of EPA range when moving from the all season tires that came from the factory.
This is in line with my experience. I certainly took a range hit, though it's hard to tell how much that was the tire vs the wheel (aero vs rs spyder).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
they are about worn out now - I'm going back to EV rated all seasons - the incremental grip is just not required/appreciated on a Taycan - but I definitely miss the range.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
@daveo4EV Which tires are you running now?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Goodyear something - I'm away from car right now - but they are summer/grippy tires - dealer installed last July…I'm ready to go back to the factory all seasons that came with the vehicle and had better range.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Sorry, I meant to ask which all-seasons are you going to run going forward.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I ordered a set from the dealer and the are getting installed this week, I am going from the Bridgestone 21" All-Seasons.

I'll post if I notice any major differences, although I didn't have too many complaints about the all-seasons but I figured I would try out summer tires.

My main concerns drop in range, but might be hard to directly compare since i'm also getting the software update that is supposed to improve range.

I originally thought about going to non OE PS4S's, but the dealer couldn't recommend or order them really, so they recommended these versus the Pirelli PZero's.

They said the wear should be better compared to the Pirelli's and the wet performance as well, although in the Bay Area it hasn't really rained in ~2 years.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I'm curious as to what a number of you are saying in respect range impact - better to have more quantifiable data on these comments but my 21" Pirelli's summer tires that came with my CT4S have performed flawlessly to date and my range has steadily increased without any change in driving behaviour, location, elevation and/or average distance over 8 months - temperatures have gone up considerably and no doubt account for a large chunk of increased range from winter to summer. When new I was in the 210-215 mile 'predicted' range for Range mode with Eco AC and a little less for the setup I typically drive which is in nearly always Normal (sometimes Sport), on Low chasis and have std AC on all the time (Houston).

As of a week or so ago my range in the Range+Eco setup was now consistently over 3 charge cycles close to ca. 286 miles or ca 275 miles in Normal with std AC (need to check actual numbers on my original post). Point being that (despite my lower expectations!) my range with 21" summer tires is good to excellent and keeps getting better and I literally have not driven anywhere in Range mode i.e. my car's 'predicted' ranges based on driving Normal mode 100% of the time. For ref I am def not exactly a passive driver either :)! For me personally, if I'm getting ca 270 miles range I am truly more than happy and in respect tires will always prefer summer over all season tires.

So how much more range say as a percentile are you seeing for those that have switched and have real world experience (miles) between using all season vs summer tires?
Sponsored