First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi. I’m new to Porsche and ordered my Taycan GTS last December
. Build slot is mid October so hoping for delivery in November.

I would welcome any comments / recommendations on spec as I need to lock down by 12 September.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP6KV970
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

I would welcome any comments / recommendations on spec as I need to lock down by 12 September.

Congrats

I am sure you love the colour and the white seats is really refreshing. I just see too many Baileys Cream Porsche all makes. But it's your car so enjoy!

Light Strip with 'PORSCHE' Logo Glacier Iceblue - That's going to look weird imho. Given the black wheels and black accent on wing mirrors you might want to go black PORSCHE. I did. Blue on Crayon... not sold ever.

I think the panoramic roof was a waste of money. The front passengers do not benefit. I wouldn't spec it again for my next Taycan. Just saying.

The spec pretty much nails what I have / would have chosen apart from the colour.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I would definitely stick with the standard (black) light strip.

I’d also save money and omit head up display and Innodrive. The passenger display is unnecessary, but does look good!

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hey thanks for the advice. I’ve omitted the light stripe in blue as I had mistakenly also tickets the Matrix lights in blue. Now back to black!

I’ve removed the rear side airbags as well as the passenger display. So now at £122,300.

im thinking about removing the Innodrive and just going for basic adaptive cruise control. And also will think about removing HUD

I do like my panoramic roofs though!

Abe

First Name
Abdallah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree that you won't get to enjoy the panoramic roof much as the driver, but this picture taken by my sister from the back seat makes it worth it.

Porsche Taycan New GTS order IMG-20220716-WA0007

It also looks good from the outside.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Pano roof makes car brighter (and opticaly larger) And i definitely do not regret that took it.
colours are personal choice…but i’d love to have glacier blue logo after i’ve seen it in person.
(and i’d remove black Taycan gts logo)

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey thanks for the advice. I’ve omitted the light stripe in blue as I had mistakenly also tickets the Matrix lights in blue. Now back to black!

I’ve removed the rear side airbags as well as the passenger display. So now at £122,300.

im thinking about removing the Innodrive and just going for basic adaptive cruise control. And also will think about removing HUD

I do like my panoramic roofs though!
Keep the roof! Looks the nuts and also lets in some much needed light especially if you have a black interior. Also, I personally don’t think you need the rear wheel steering, for such a big car I find the turning circle is very good and also it handles perfectly well without it even when you push the car. Just my opinion though! Great colour choice too!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Maybe I have an unusual seat position (I didn't think I did), but I see enough of the pano roof to enjoy it and be thankful that it filters out the direct heat and glare of the sun.

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I’m taking off four zone climate control, passenger display, rear side airbags and rear axle power steering plus - and just keep power steering plus as the cheaper option for a start. It helps keep the price closer to £120k.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Your money, your decision…but i think that you should keep at least RAS/RWS.
Otoh, i think that 5th seat is useless If you are not having kids.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Any particular reason you downgraded your supply cable to 16A?

This will replace the standard 32A one you get with the PMC+ and reduce your potential charging rate by 50%.

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hey. I’ve done that by mistake as I had with the blue light stripe! So will remove!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Any particular reason you downgraded your supply cable to 16A?

This will replace the standard 32A one you get with the PMC+ and reduce your potential charging rate by 50%.
Hi Adrian,

Don't want hijack Jabbar's thread but I changed my supply cable to 16A on the recommendation of the SA. Can't remember what he said the reason was though? I should have done my own research to be honest as EV charging is a new thing for me.

Is the standard 32A the better option for UK or is there a reason why someone would be recommending switching to 16A?

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think on reflection I did same based on dealer suggesting it. I placed the order last year so had forgotten. Yes good to know which is best
Sponsored