First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Hi all,

Newbie here, looking to take advantage of my work EV salary sacrifice scheme and order a 4S CT.

Will be light on options but initial feedback is it that it could take 52 weeks. I am prepared to wait and realised it would have a long lead time when looking, but part of me is hoping that I get lucky but we will see. I am checking the order thread for recent experiences on this.

Going for:
- White
- Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Sport Sound
- Sport Chrono Pack
- Heated Race-tex steering wheel
- Electric charing cover

Thanks
James
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Newbie here, looking to take advantage of my work EV salary sacrifice scheme and order a 4S CT.

Will be light on options but initial feedback is it that it could take 52 weeks. I am prepared to wait and realised it would have a long lead time when looking, but part of me is hoping that I get lucky but we will see. I am checking the order thread for recent experiences on this.

Going for:
- White
- Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Sport Sound
- Sport Chrono Pack
- Electric charing cover

Thanks
James
Hi James, It's such a personal thing specifying that you will get different answers whoever you ask (some will say forget sport sound and others will disagree, some will say forget Chrono Sport ... etc) .) , spec will be MY23 when you get to lock in so there even may be a few additional options included by then?
I'd say your dealer will be a good place to start and discuss this with and let them know how you will be using the car (e.g. Will it be a family car or just you to drive?) as that may determine what will be best for you.
Thanks,

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Hi James, I’m very similar to yourself and am taking advantage of my employers salary sacrifice scheme.

My local dealer has suggested on 2 separate occasions that 12 months is being overly pessimistic, even for a third party leased car.

I have gone purely with options I’ve deemed necessary for me having taken onboard what people have said on here.

Apparently the Bose sound system and surround view cams are an absolute must.

It annoys me the standard wheels are of questionable design and you almost have to spec the optional set. I’d much rather spend that money on more toys.

The Taycan is outstanding and I’m sure you’ll enjoy your car in whatever spec you choose ?

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Hi James, I’m very similar to yourself and am taking advantage of my employers salary sacrifice scheme.

My local dealer has suggested on 2 separate occasions that 12 months is being overly pessimistic, even for a third party leased car.

I have gone purely with options I’ve deemed necessary for me having taken onboard what people have said on here.

Apparently the Bose sound system and surround view cams are an absolute must.

It annoys me the standard wheels are of questionable design and you almost have to spec the optional set. I’d much rather spend that money on more toys.

The Taycan is outstanding and I’m sure you’ll enjoy your car in whatever spec you choose ?
That's good news from your dealer, I am going to speak to mine and hopeful have an extended test drive on a 4S this week if possible. I am hopeful that it won't be 12 months but need to go in eyes open! I am also going to speak to the EV salary scheme provider about the Taycan as they have been closed over NY.

My options are and will be limited, I will likely not have any resale consideration unless I buy out at the end. Although since the post this morning I have looked at adding folding mirrors with the surround view! As noted options are individual choices, they are all optional! A steering wheel, 4 wheels and at least one seat are essentials!

Having said that, I am the same as you, it is annoying the standard alloys are so, well, boring and don't suit the car. One thing I considered was purchasing a set of aftermarket alloys to use on the car, then I can put back on oem ones if required and sell the aftermarket ones to recoup some of the purchase cost. Not sure if that would work with the fully managed car scheme though if I had standard 19" OEM and then asked for 20" replacement ones...

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Hi James. I ordered a RWD saloon end of May last year through my company scheme. It arrives in 6 weeks time. I was told and so far it is 8 months. Obviously that may be different now and for a CT too.

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi all,

Going for:
- White
- Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Sport Sound
- Sport Chrono Pack
- Electric charing cover

Thanks
James
If I were choosing white I would probably spec the gloss black window trims as the 4S has chrome as standard.

There are so many options many which should be standard on a car like this (folding and auto dimming mirrors!). It’s particularly frustrating on finance agreements as you end paying for them in full over the term of the agreement. It’s even worse on a lease as you’re never seeing that money again because you aren’t getting the benefit of value added on trade-in.

To that end, I’d avoid options like Sport Sound and even Sport Chrono. They don’t enhance the look of the car and you probably won’t miss what you never had. Sport Chrono might add some minor convenience but, the sport sound, although I really like it, nearly everyone else has said it’s a gimmick and fun for about 20 minutes. The electric charge covers I haven’t bothered with on my order either as the motors block the air flow and do they really serve a practical purpose? The black gloss detail does look good on white though.

Bose seems to be a near must have for most and I think the upgraded power steering if you aren’t prepared to upgrade to RAS is probably pretty important.

Last edited:

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've just ordered a RWD Taycan again through a salary sacrifice scheme so waiting for details on lead times but at the moment I've been told the same as you, around 12 months.

Spec wise, I put money into the colour and interior as this is the first car I've been able to spec with no consideration to resale as I will simply hand it back. I've not gone too brave but ice grey exterior with blackberry interior and body coloured accent package hopefully will look smart!

I would speak with your dealer but also keep in mind what you will use the car for and what you have that you like in your current or previous cars (heated steering wheel was a must for me for example!).

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
That's good news from your dealer, I am going to speak to mine and hopeful have an extended test drive on a 4S this week if possible. I am hopeful that it won't be 12 months but need to go in eyes open! I am also going to speak to the EV salary scheme provider about the Taycan as they have been closed over NY.

My options are and will be limited, I will likely not have any resale consideration unless I buy out at the end. Although since the post this morning I have looked at adding folding mirrors with the surround view! As noted options are individual choices, they are all optional! A steering wheel, 4 wheels and at least one seat are essentials!

Having said that, I am the same as you, it is annoying the standard alloys are so, well, boring and don't suit the car. One thing I considered was purchasing a set of aftermarket alloys to use on the car, then I can put back on oem ones if required and sell the aftermarket ones to recoup some of the purchase cost. Not sure if that would work with the fully managed car scheme though if I had standard 19" OEM and then asked for 20" replacement ones...
Hi James

I think we had a discussion over on Cutters about the Taycan ownership experience…..

One thing I forgot to mention was around options. You say you will limit them, I don’t know if that is by choice or by company policy but since you are financing through salary sacrifice there is a potentially a different way to look at it.

Remember that with salary sacrifice on a company car there is no VAT and then a tax reduction of up to 48.25% which means that options can cost as little as 41p in the £ compared to list, even if they are fully depreciated over the life of the lease (and some do have a retained value at the end so cost less, the big battery is an example). Of course your P11D value will increase and you will pay more company car tax but that is only at 2% for this year.

If you spend a lot of time in the car, are actively thinking about a buyout at the end of the lease or just want some particular options, it may be worth getting quotes from your leasing company and doing the math on what the options will actually cost you. You might be surprised at the monthly payment.

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi James

I think we had a discussion over on Cutters about the Taycan ownership experience…..

One thing I forgot to mention was around options. You say you will limit them, I don’t know if that is by choice or by company policy but since you are financing through salary sacrifice there is a potentially a different way to look at it.

Remember that with salary sacrifice on a company car there is no VAT and then a tax reduction of up to 48.25% which means that options can cost as little as 41p in the £ compared to list, even if they are fully depreciated over the life of the lease (and some do have a retained value at the end so cost less, the big battery is an example). Of course your P11D value will increase and you will pay more company car tax but that is only at 2% for this year.

If you spend a lot of time in the car, are actively thinking about a buyout at the end of the lease or just want some particular options, it may be worth getting quotes from your leasing company and doing the math on what the options will actually cost you. You might be surprised at the monthly payment.
Just wondering what options have any significant retained value over the lease term?

Can see the benefit on a contract purchase but not really seeing it on a lease unless, as you say, you buy out at the end but then I’d ask who is really going to do that on an EV given the rapid developments occurring? Also, if a buyout is a serious consideration, check that the lease company will even allow it. We tried to buy my wife’s Golf GTI at the end of the lease term and lease company wouldn’t

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hi all,

Going for:
- White
- Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Sport Sound
- Sport Chrono Pack
- Electric charing cover

Thanks
James
Great! If I was on a tight budget, I might buy the standard alloys and have them painted gloss black. I have done that with my 20 inch. If the rest of the car is white with black window frames, this will look good.

My 8 year old son loves the Electric Sport Sound, even after 1.5 years he pushes me to switch it on. For me, I would not order it again.

I basically never change driving modes, so I still would not order Chrono Pack. At the same time, living in the city, rear axle steering, RAS, is the #1 option to select.

What I would try to sqeeze in is the Bose sound and the sound insulated glass. Both together provide additional luxury feel.

Electric charge cover is good...

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Just wondering what options have any significant retained value over the lease term?

Can see the benefit on a contract purchase but not really seeing it on a lease unless, as you say, you buy out at the end but then I’d ask who is really going to do that on an EV given the rapid developments occurring? Also, if a buyout is a serious consideration, check that the lease company will even allow it. We tried to buy my wife’s Golf GTI at the end of the lease term and lease company wouldn’t
Yes, good point to check if you can buy out. I know I can but I don't know the price yet so anything could happen at the end of lease. The company I am with (LeasePlan) has a portal which you can get multiple quotes from. In that way I could price up each option. Some must have had some retained value since the additional monthly was too low to cover the cost. I remember thinking that the battery must retain about 50% and things like wheels and leather around 25%. Tech seemed to fully depreciate. This pricing approach might have been unique to LeasePlan, and since I was required by my company to use LeasePlan I didn't shop around to compare. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the numbers and no longer have the portal access to check.

OP
OP
Jamesca

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Thanks all,

Some good points on the options.

The sports chrono one is interesting, I did like the driving mode options in my previous cars (X5M, M5, M3) but is it different in an Electric car to an ICE one I wonder? What else do you lose by not having this? As well as the drive modes I would also lose the GT multifunction sports steering wheel, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery?

Electric sport sound - looked into this and it does seem feedback from most is that initially it's good but after a while is a bit of a gimmick.

BOSE sound - whilst i appreciate sound systems, it's not a biggy for me personally to have this and would rather spend elsewhere.

So, spent some time reviewing and have come up with a revised options list already! Still undecided on the alloys, I am leaning towards aftermarket option if that is viable. But if I dont it will be:

- White
- 20" Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- Park assist with surround view
- Sports Chrono Pack
- Side window trims in high gloss black
- Electric charing cover

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, good point to check if you can buy out. I know I can but I don't know the price yet so anything could happen at the end of lease. The company I am with (LeasePlan) has a portal which you can get multiple quotes from. In that way I could price up each option. Some must have had some retained value since the additional monthly was too low to cover the cost. I remember thinking that the battery must retain about 50% and things like wheels and leather around 25%. Tech seemed to fully depreciate. This pricing approach might have been unique to LeasePlan, and since I was required by my company to use LeasePlan I didn't shop around to compare. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the numbers and no longer have the portal access to check.
When I was in an employed role our car scheme used to give us a discount for choosing metallic paint - halcyon days!

The Taycan is a marvellous car and the monthly payments, particularly on a salary sacrifice, make it relatively attainable. The options list is dangerous though and I would really think extremely carefully about adding anything you won’t use or get regular enjoyment from (practical or aesthetic) on a lease.

I can’t imagine having a car of this size without folding mirrors as I’d feel like I was one width restrictor away from disaster but I know if my options were limited I could easily live without sport sound. Appreciate, everyone is different though.

Last edited:

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks all,

Some good points on the options.

The sports chrono one is interesting, I did like the driving mode options in my previous cars (X5M, M5, M3) but is it different in an Electric car to an ICE one I wonder? What else do you lose by not having this? As well as the drive modes I would also lose the GT multifunction sports steering wheel, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery?

Electric sport sound - looked into this and it does seem feedback from most is that initially it's good but after a while is a bit of a gimmick.

BOSE sound - whilst i appreciate sound systems, it's not a biggy for me personally to have this and would rather spend elsewhere.

So, spent some time reviewing and have come up with a revised options list already! Still undecided on the alloys, I am leaning towards aftermarket option if that is viable. But if I dont it will be:

- White
- 20" Turbo alloys
- Inlays in black gloss
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- Park assist with surround view
- Sports Chrono Pack
- Side window trims in high gloss black
- Electric charing cover
I’m having the debate about Sport Chrono with myself at the moment. As far as I can tell, I don’t believe you lose anything without Sport Chrono apart the Sport+ setting. Launch control works in Sport on non-SC. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but you can probably set the car for the most aggressive settings equivalent to Sport+ using “Individual”.

In case you didn’t know as I didn’t, you can change the doorsill guards to black aluminium at no cost. I mention it as you have gone for black inserts and window surrounds. The doorsills are also partially visible from inside the car.

Just one thing you might want to think about depending on the mileage you do is upgrading to 150kw charging on 400V chargers. You might be kicking yourself if Tesla open up the Supercharger network which they have piloted in Holland as they use 400V architecture. The standard charger only enables you to charge up to 50KW on 400V I believe.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
When I was in an employed role our car scheme used to give us a discount for choosing metallic paint - halcyon days!

The Taycan is a marvellous car and the monthly payments, particularly on a salary sacrifice, make it relatively attainable. The options list is dangerous though and I would really think extremely carefully about adding anything you won’t use or get regular enjoyment from (practicle or aesthetic) on a lease.

I can’t imagine having a car of this size without folding mirrors as I’d feel like I was one width restrictor away from disaster but I know if my options were limited I could easily live without sport sound. Appreciate, everyone is different though.
Yes I completely agree with this, the options list is dangerous and can get expensive. Just get what you need / want (I ended up going quite big). I chose the same options I would have chosen if I had been financing the car privately, its just by the miracle of salary sacrifice that they happened to be more cost effective. I've got the car for 4 years and want every bit of enjoyment I can get from it.
Sponsored