DJBlack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Taycan GTS on order
Country flag
Hi everyone, I am new here, I have been lurking for a while but just decided to sign up!

I currently have a 2021 Cayenne Coupe E Hybrid, which due to the used car market I had the intention of replacing with another new Cayenne Coupe, but after placing a deposit and deliberating I decided to change my order to a Taycan GTS.

I have been finding the Cayenne is a bit of a pain in some multi-story car parks, (Westfield & Watford to name a few), I actually managed to kerb both rear wheels at the same time coming out of a Carpark where the road wasn’t even wide enough for the car, and foolishly not speccing surround view and having absolutely no idea where the perimeters or the car are located from the driving seat I started to get put off the car, I also feel like an SUV will never drive as good as a regular car does, even though the Cayenne is the best “drivers” SUV. My Previous 3 cars were BMW M4’s and I miss the sporty driving dynamics.

Moving on a few months i decided to try out a TaycanRWD which East London let me borrow for a weekend - I loved the drive but found the acceleration lacking somewhat, and also the lack of any noise meant that there was literally no drama when overtaking on motorways/fast road. The car they lent me had the vegan interior with the standard plastic dashboard which I felt was inferior for a car of this value. It also didn’t have the Porsche sport sound, which I feel like I would need to stop me getting bored. This car also has the standard stereo which was embarrassingly poor, especially compared to the Bose in the Cayenne - I hope the Bose in the Taycan is comparable to the Cayenne!

This led me to creating 3 specs to get prices for a RWD with PB+, a 4S and a GTS. It soon become apparent that the GTS was the model for me as it worked out cheaper on the finance than a 4S, and not much more than a RWD! Due to the standard spec being so much better and therefore much higher residual value on the finance. What I have ordered is 6K over list, so around £110K, compared to around £16K of extras on the RWD.

I am extremely excited, I have been told 12-18 months to wait (i ordered last month - April 22), and i am hoping so much that it is nearer to the 12 than the 18!

Here is my build for anyone interested

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKCWWI6

I really would have liked the full Race Tex but I have 2 kids (13 and 11) and a smallish dog and am worried about stains/wear. I also love the Race Tex steering wheel but am worried it will look rubbish after a year as I suffer from sweaty hands!

Sorry for the waffle, and I’m sure I will be spending the next 12-18 months on the configurator which will end up costly!

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon 9E68C675-6949-4BF3-957D-60CF4DB59433

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon BB24F605-14EB-4A31-8DB7-BDD5F0D056BE

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon C379A606-EA3D-4374-ACE5-BE47B230B109

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon F48AC83E-2F1B-4317-95C2-F0CDA7392F50

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon E8A604D5-116D-41DE-B8F1-EFA6C0017C9C

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon EB4CAD49-F069-4B3A-B6A1-FB2F0EA5ED37

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'll shortly be handing over my Cayenne E-Hybrid for a Cross Turismo, and know I'll be losing space and practicality...have you ruled out the Sport Turismo with its better rear headroom?
I'm expecting the Taycan to be more challenging in car parks than the Cayenne- it's slightly longer than the Cayenne and nearly as wide, and I felt the higher driving position and more upright sides of the Cayenne allowed me more confidence in tight spaces, and there was no issue with clearance on steep ramps etc. Sorry, not trying to put a dampener on the switch 😁 ...I can't wait to make the swap to an even more exciting drive.
EDIT...and welcome to Configuraholics Anonymous!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: B61

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Very similar to my options. I am a huge fan of the HUD. Also specced Power steering plus and dimming mirrors.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I'll shortly be handing over my Cayenne E-Hybrid for a Cross Turismo, and know I'll be losing space and practicality...have you ruled out the Sport Turismo with its better rear headroom?
I'm expecting the Taycan to be more challenging in car parks than the Cayenne- it's slightly longer than the Cayenne and nearly as wide, and I felt the higher driving position and more upright sides of the Cayenne allowed me more confidence in tight spaces, and there was no issue with clearance on steep ramps etc. Sorry, not trying to put a dampener on the switch 😁 ...I can't wait to make the swap to an even more exciting drive.
EDIT...and welcome to Configuraholics Anonymous!
You need 360 view for car parks (and parking to save the wheels). It should be mandatory. You'll find yourself parking on the bay left white line to give yourself a foot to get out on the right side. Obviously if there is a car to your left the owner will hate you and trash your passenger door as they wrestle to get in.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Welcome, I am also new and have been lurking a fair while. I ordered a lightly specced GTS saloon at the end of Jan and have been told to expect delivery in December - sounds optimistic but we’ll see. Agree 360/surround cameras are necessary!

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I ordered my gts last week. Went for white metallic with the rs sypderwheels. It’s gonna be a long wait!

Tomsk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Put a deposit down on a GTS in November 21 and in Jan 22 was told I was next on allocation. It's been a wait but I was told I had an allocation mid May and an ETA of late August so fingers crossed for a new 72 plate in September. With all of the challenges going on in the world right now this I way better than I expected.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all, I am also a long time lurker but the OP post about ordering a GTS has motivated me to join as this forum is a great source of info!

I’ve currently got a Carrara White 4S and I ordered a GTS end of April; I’ve been told 12-18 months for delivery which is painful but it is what it is! I’ve gone for Carmine Red, same Spyder wheels as above, with a few other options added (£117k - oops!) - but to the OP if you haven't already specced it the surround view camera is a must as it’s a big car and you don’t want to scrape those lovely wheels!

Thanks to all for the content and roll on delivery next year 😂

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Your story sounds similar to mine! I had a 2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid and it was totalled in an accident.

I've ordered a Taycan GTS in April 22 as well. I haven't received a build date yet, been told it'll be late in the year.

Did you not want the pano roof, the RAS, etc? The interior looks very... black (other than the belts).

I wanted the Race-Tex too but I saw it in person and was not crazy about it. The wheel will definitely get matted. I went with black leather but added the neodyme accent package. I've attached a pic below. It looks great and really breaks up the black and gives some life to the interior. It's not terribly expensive either.

Here's my build if you'd like to see: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQGCHD0

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon iris-7
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon iris-16

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Your story sounds similar to mine! I had a 2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid and it was totalled in an accident.

I've ordered a Taycan GTS in April 22 as well. I haven't received a build date yet, been told it'll be late in the year.

Did you not want the pano roof, the RAS, etc? The interior looks very... black (other than the belts).

I wanted the Race-Tex too but I saw it in person and was not crazy about it. The wheel will definitely get matted. I went with black leather but added the neodyme accent package. I've attached a pic below. It looks great and really breaks up the black and gives some life to the interior. It's not terribly expensive either.

iris-7.jpeg
iris-16.jpeg
Have you seen the accent packages in-person?

They look and feel awful. Painted plastic. Not worthy of a car of this cost.

I would keep it matte black - it looks better.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you seen the accent packages in-person?

I would keep it matte black - it looks better.
Not in person, but I've seen photos (below).

Look opinions are subjective I guess... I think it looks really nice and breaks up what would otherwise be a boring all black interior.

Feel I can't comment on because it's not an easy trim to find in a dealership.

Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon 123063702_10157594966577197_1573872623529085837_n
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon DSC_3190
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon IMG_71956-large
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon IMG_71953-large
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon IMG_71963-large
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon IMG_71957-large

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag

iris-7.jpeg
iris-16.jpeg
oh man, you gotta get the electric charge ports with the gloss black door handles. Also get the high gloss black side mirror base.

the black accents looks so good. Here’s a pic of my chalk GTS
Porsche Taycan New member ordered GTS Saloon 369FC2FC-63CE-4E4E-9EDB-60B854581590

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh man, you gotta get the electric charge ports with the gloss black door handles. Also get the high gloss black side mirror base.

the black accents looks so good. Here’s a pic of my chalk GTS
369FC2FC-63CE-4E4E-9EDB-60B854581590.jpeg
Oh I am 100% doing the electric charge port, the mirror base and the door handles all in gloss black.

I forgot to select the charge port cover when I posted the render above, but its definitely in my build.

Yours looks great! Do you have more pics posted in another thread?

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
Oh I am 100% doing the electric charge port, the mirror base and the door handles all in gloss black.

I forgot to select the charge port cover when I posted the render above, but its definitely in my build.

Yours looks great! Do you have more pics posted in another thread?
I received it a couple weeks ago, but brought it in for tints and PPF right away. Was just waiting for the clear side markers to come in, but now I’m headed to Europe for about a month. I’ll take and post pics when I get back.

no complaints so far, I just love it!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Well they are all painted plastic the difference is only colour so if somebody finds the matt black looks boring why not choose another colour?
Why would they feel any different to the standard parts painted matt black????
Sponsored